1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

#4 pick won't be enough to fix this mess. We need Top 2.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Nov 9, 2022.

1. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    quit your crying. you are a troll and now you are crying. good grief.

it is pretty simple who we would have taken in the top 5. not some bogus junk of "well I know I could have traded back and still got watt".

the obvious answer would have been Jamal Adams Safety. who is a great player but in the last few years is littered with injuries. so in my opinion Steelers won that with watt
    Haason Reddick was another obvious pick for us. who is a good player, but not all pro or anything like that.
    Derek Barnett. again, another good player but not an all pro or anything like that.

everyone in the world would agree Steelers won that.

is it that hard for you to answer a question? to hard to do a little homework for what our needs were? who went in those areas etc? the more I see you post, the worse you get. you started as a troll. now you are crying because me and 3 others wrote you? come on man, grow up. and lastly it is showing you do not actually know the Steelers.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    There are two or three quarterbacks in this draft who are better prospects than Trey Lance. The 49ers paid a high price to move up to get him at No. 3. As always, you don't know what you are talking about.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I wasn't basically implying anything. I asked a simple Question of what You thought if We had picked top 5. Nothing More Nothing less. You do know for every action there is a reaction. So for instance while We are trading around this would cause different picks in different spots....So there is a chance You force someone to take Watt sooner, and He's not there later. There is no standard.....this guy goes one, and this guy goes two, and so on.....Like You know ....who goes one is all about who is actually making that pick....same with two....three, and so on....so if We traded back it would have changed more than our pick.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    also saying, "I would trade back because it means an extra pick and I know there is still value to be found, like watt". is idiotic. you are practically saying what my point is, which is there is no reason to tank your season. there is value throughout the first. we have 50 years to back that up. and the recent time we drafted up, it was for the punk Bush.

however if we stayed at 20, it would have been for probably Montez Sweat. who is an ok. he would have probably done better with Watt on the other side. so that still would have been a win for us. Or we would have taken Deandre Baker who was good, but is an idiot off the field.

in all honesty 2019 draft had junk written all over it for what we wanted. however it was stupid to trade up. due to we would have been getting a similar piece of just as good.

So tanking a season for similar players is stupid. furthermore it is damaging to your organization. look at what happened with Atlanta Falcons, browns, etc. only time it has worked out is panthers, colts for a QB. while there is QB tanking teams it did not work out for. anyhow it is stupid to tank.

• Like Like x 1
  5. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    You don’t know that. If they were high on Watt. Trading back and getting more picks and their guy is a great move.

I disagree but it doesn’t matter we won’t even have a Top 5 pick. Tomlin can’t even lose properly.

I agree but nobody was really high on Watt going into the draft. Anybody saying so is lying. We got him at #30. So having a Top 5 pick and trading back would’ve got us more picks and a pick better than 30. So we’d definitely get Watt.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    You’re missing the point. We need draft picks. If we traded back. We’d have a late to mid 1st, three 2nd rounds, and two 3rd. Then two 1st next year. We could use a 2nd and get two 1st round talents this draft.

2015, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020 all had junk written all over it. It’s exactly why this roster is the disaster that it is.

7. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    oh good grief it is so hard for you to answer a question. it is very simple, who would you take if you had the #5 pick. very very simple.

your dancing around just proves my point you are well aware theres just as good talent in the end of the first as there is in the middle. tanking is stupid.

8. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    you rather hurt this organization???? again, look at the failclowns. to tank just for one season and you crush the hopes and dreams of players. players start demanding trades. players start retiring. players get old and retire.
    - julio litterally bashed the falcons on ESPN that he hated the falcons for what they became and wanted out. so he was traded
    - ryan wanted out so bad, he went to the colts who had a worse line
    - riddley literally bet against the team to where he was suspended. but before that he literally quit on the team
    - cage literally went to the buccs, just so he could slap them in the face
    - their newly DT didn't even do training camp and announced retirement.

do you really want to get a top ten pick, just to trade back for 2 players? players you have no idea will be amazing? while the following happens
    - watt wants a tarde
    - heyward retires.
    - kazee doesn't want to come back ( he literally said the other day he got to wake up without disappointment.).
    - larry ogunjobi walks
    - oh and lets not forget Bush is already giving us the finger.

and WTF are you talking about 15, 16, 17 were junk?
    2015 we were second in the AFC north. we went 1:1
    2016 1st. went 2:1 (lost the AFCCG)
    2017 1st and lost. but we all know the team should have went deep in the playoffs. just crap happens.
    2020 same as 2017.

good grief only thing that would make you happy is a ring. which is 3% chance. just to get to the SuperBowl is a 6%. so maybe in ten years you should be seeing it with a total to 60%, (even though it resets to 6% every year)..... and the reason I do not include the AFCCG percentage is because you literally called 2016 Junk.

so there is 2 more excellent points, that we will go over your head due to all the rocks you have been eating in the middle of the road. because now I question for a second time if you are actually a steeler fan.

• Like Like x 3
  9. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    You are all over the place. First, you want the high draft pick in order to trade back for more draft capital. That completely makes sense. Then you say one win loses them a shot at Will Andersen or Porter JR. So which is it? Trade back or get Will Andersen? No way in hell is Andersen still on the board if the Steelers move back and you're clearly smart enough to understand that, right?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
  11. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    He is just talking out of all sides. His goals are...
    1. Troll
    2. Say everything, in hopes one pans out to where he can say, "i told you so" in a couple years.
    3. Troll

Also for what it's worth, multiple times in this thread I've questioned if he's actually a steeler fan. The writing is on the wall.

12. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    You want me to hindsight pick the 2017 nfl draft with a top 5 pick?

The very strategy I want to do this year would’ve worked in 2017. We trade back and take Watt. You’re proving my point.

Only thing you’ve been right about is if they had Top 5 in 2017 they might have taken Jamal Adams.

13. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    :sleepy:

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    The prophecy has come true. We’re doomed.

15. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    History has shown Steelers bounce back after a losing season. See '92, '00 and '04.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Sdot doesn't know that. He thinks a lot of season were trash, including 2016.

17. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    He's such a great GM that he could do both!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  18. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Kazee hasn't been playing until last Sunday, and he commented on being depressed over the team losing.

19. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

• Like Like x 1
  20. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    The 2nd one...For Years!

21. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I've loved some of our picks... I've hated some of our picks...Probably just about all 32 teams feel this way...Players are " pretty much " slotted a certain way by "most" teams...

AFTER...They are drafted...The Coaching and development of players is also an immense factor...
    THAT'S, where we are lacking with this Organization as currently constructed imo

• Like Like x 1
  22. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Still makes no sense. Tanking for half a season that’s already over. Getting better and more picks would only accelerate the turn around.

Winning pointless games for locker room morale is stupid. This team isn’t making the playoffs. Players aren’t going to be at home during playoffs pumped about winning 2-3 pointless games.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Agreed. To me I thinly is amazing how many have worked for us in the late first and late second vs what teams have done with repeat seasons of top 15.

24. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Pretty good description of your act. Stupid and pointless.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Apparently you missed what I said. So let me say it again. Also we are not out of it. We are 3 games behind. You have no idea if ravens and Bengals go crapping on themselves the rest of the season. And that happens.

you rather hurt this organization???? again, look at the failclowns. to tank just for one season and you crush the hopes and dreams of players. players start demanding trades. players start retiring. players get old and retire.
    - julio litterally bashed the falcons on ESPN that he hated the falcons for what they became and wanted out. so he was traded
    - ryan wanted out so bad, he went to the colts who had a worse line
    - riddley literally bet against the team to where he was suspended. but before that he literally quit on the team
    - cage literally went to the buccs, just so he could slap them in the face
    - their newly DT didn't even do training camp and announced retirement.

do you really want to get a top ten pick, just to trade back for 2 players? players you have no idea will be amazing? while the following happens
    - watt wants a tarde
    - heyward retires.
    - kazee doesn't want to come back ( he literally said the other day he got to wake up without disappointment.).
    - larry ogunjobi walks
    - oh and lets not forget Bush is already giving us the finger.

and WTF are you talking about 15, 16, 17 were junk?
    2015 we were second in the AFC north. we went 1:1
    2016 1st. went 2:1 (lost the AFCCG)
    2017 1st and lost. but we all know the team should have went deep in the playoffs. just crap happens.
    2020 same as 2017.

good grief only thing that would make you happy is a ring. which is 3% chance. just to get to the SuperBowl is a 6%. so maybe in ten years you should be seeing it with a total to 60%, (even though it resets to 6% every year)..... and the reason I do not include the AFCCG percentage is because you literally called 2016 Junk.

so there is 2 more excellent points, that we will go over your head due to all the rocks you have been eating in the middle of the road. because now I question for a second time if you are actually a steeler fan.