1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

4 more added.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mac daddyo, Apr 16, 2020.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Four more players added. Breon Borders a corner from Duke. 149 tackles, 12 interceptions, 34 passes defensed. 6-0 189 4.49. Anthony Coyle a tackle from fordham 6-41/2 298 5.20. John Keenoy 6-3 299 5.32 a center from he's you guessed it western michigan. < he actually had a lot of starts there. 51 of 52 games. Arrion Springs defensive back from Oregon. 5-10-1/2 208 4.46. 137 tackles, 2 interceptions, 42 passes defensed, 4 forced fumbles. Most played in the XFL. :cool:

• Informative Informative x 4
  2. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Thanks mac, I am not gonna lie my sports excitement has went down a ton these last few weeks and my "netflix" excitement has went up lol. Sad times and when I get an update on my phone I don't even look anymore so thanks for sharing.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Funny thing is, I've gone the opposite way with football. I'm more interested in the offseason stuff because there is no other sports news.

I really haven't missed baseball that much. I keep forgetting that I already drafted two fantasy baseball teams for this year. (My leagues are early).

4. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    well with the "low" in sports I had to find a different outlet and I have turned to netflix and iphone games........interest in sports just isn't there right now due to not alot of action. Thank god for NFL FA but that hasn't lasted long. I usually have NASCAR, Baseball both real and Fantasy and Golf.....mostly playing to help draw interest and that is all gone right now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I've been watching repeats. Should never have watched the SB against Green Bay. I knew the outcome and still hoped Ben led us down field at the end. Then I keep saying if only he caught that or if he would have cut left during the run.

6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    If only David Johnson didn't miss that block on Clay Matthews, then Mendenhall doesn't fumble :facepalm:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    OR if only Mendenhall held on to the !@#$ ball for a 2 yard loss.... There were two blunders on that play.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Yeah but Mendenhall got hit by two guys on that play, if Johnson doesn't whiff Mendenhall probably holds onto the ball IMO.

9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Not only did he whiff the block but the ball is behind him and never knew it, IIRC.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    That's probably the only post-season Steelers game I never rewatched.

11. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Ben’s pick six on the first offensive play. Ben missing a wide open Mike Wallace who could have walked into the end zone. Mendenhall was an easy scapegoat, but he wasn’t the only one making mistakes

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Steelrules.

I hope all is well with you and yours.

Yeah, there were many other plays to point too besides the Mendenhall fumble. I think it becomes magnified because we had come back from so far down and if we scored a TD on the drive we take the lead. That was a nice comeback anyway from our guys. However, we all know what they say about close; horseshoes and hand grenades. I am not into little victories. Ben is my man but he really put us in a huge hole in the early stages of the game. We did crawl out of it and as momentum was continuing to be built, there comes the fumble. Yes, things become way more polarized in the later stages of any game, for any sport.

I also remember Super Bowl XXX. In the final minutes of the game, Ernie Mills was wide open, streaking down the right sideline and Neil does not see him. I could not believe it. We would have taken the lead late in the Fourth Quarter and probably would have went on to win the game. We had Dallas back-pedaling at that point as the momentum had really turned our way. We really should have eight trophies. However, we know how this goes, a play here, a play there, etc.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

13. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    The Steelers have signed a league high 8 former XFL players, it would be nice if some of these guys can stick.

14. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Not surprised.

Given the World's current set of circumstances, it is best to cover any and every available base that is within reach. The hope is that some of these players do in fact stick. My personal view of them all is that the Steelers have prepared themselves adequately due to the uncertainty of this disease. Until a treatment is found, who knows when or if Training Camp starts.

Having available personnel who have recently seen action is better than having Rookies who will likely have no Rookie Minicamp or OTA's. Not saying that these XFL Players will outdo the Rookie's entirely but it does provide the team with a security blanket. Should anything bad happen to the Rookies or even worse, the veterans, at least the XFL Players can be ready enough to at least pick up the slack if nothing else.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017

16. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I watched a Steelers at Ravens 2010 game a few weeks ago. I was throwing things.

17. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I am honestly to lazy to look up the info, but when the Steelers signed Cain and Whyte off other teams PS I remember reading they had a 'history' with them. That meaning they had talked to them pre-draft in previous years. Most of these guys have been around at least one year on a PS, some 2 so it's not like they are totally w/o some former notes from scouts, plus the recent xfl action gives a look as well. Your thoughts were my thoughts earlier this evening. With the draft 'visits' limited to phone calls this year and no physicals, the later round picks and UDA's an even further unknown. While most of those guys would not have been brought in for a visit and they can still look at video, these guys recently signed at least have more 'known' aspects to their pro game. Does not hurt to sign them, and it some guy slips through the draft and they really want to add him to the 90 man roster cutting one of these guys would not be a monumental loss.

18. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    If my aunt had a dick she'd be my uncle.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I have turned to fishing, hiking, riding four wheelers, target practice, drinking beer, etc. I'm whooped:cool:

• Like Like x 2
  20. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I am utterly shocked that you didn't tell us exactly what each of those 8 were going to do.....and guarantee it:smiley1: Maybe you have and I just didn't find it:shrug:

• Like Like x 2
  21. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    And if you had a brain, you would be smart :shrug:

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  22. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Ummmmm, I think you are walking talking proof that just having a brain doesn't equate to being smart:thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 2
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  23. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

God I missed you...........

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011