1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

3rd INT was good for the Steelers?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by francobettis, Oct 26, 2020.

1. IZONUFOTO

IZONUFOTO Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    i watched the game again twice... Ben's try for JuJu in the endzone was a good read...LB never turned around never looked and got lucky by sticking his arm up inbetween Juju's.. should would could been 6... he has to catch that...

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I agree, JuJu should have found a way to hold onto the ball. He needs to be more clutch in moments like that.

3. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Ben has seen every one of his four main receivers pull a rabbit out of the hat, so....bombs away.

4. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I agree, because Juju didn't catch it. I'm not going to pretend I'd be upset if Ben iced the game right there because the pass was a poor decision.

Ben would say some of his poor decisions have led directly to super bowl titles.

Why Roethlisberger calls Super Bowl XLIII TD toss "dumbest ever"

https://www.si.com/nfl/talkoffame/n...i-td-toss-dumbest-ever-tWZLMgEYnkyU3BabHsaDuw

As far as Ben maturing, I don't think that's carried over to the field of play yet.

5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That is an example of playing to the situation. In the first quarter, absolutely try that pass. Holding a three-point lead with under three minutes left and the other team holding only one more time out, you take the conservative underneath option.

The Steelers were losing in Super Bowl XLIII, so that's not the same situation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. blackNgold

blackNgold Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2014
    This is a good point. I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again: The Titans had a ton of lucky bounces. Why are we the lucky ones for a missed field goal?

Two of bens picks were deflections that bounced perfectly to Titans defenders. Not only that, but the Titans first TD came off a deflected pass that bounced right into a different wide receivers arms.

Add in a terrible hold by Fitz....

Talk about lucky.... the Titans truly had no business in this game.

7. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Funny. I have never categorized an INT as being good for the team nor do I think I ever will.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    It isn’t. For some people logic is not a strong point. Or common sense, or...

9. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Which leads back to my original point, this is Ben we're talking about here: *Gun Slinger* (his words).

10. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Situational awareness. Tomlin preaches it. Praises it. Keeps it under his pillow at night. So for all of Tomlins mantras regurgitated by players, there's little excuse for any player or coach to not be situationally aware at any given point in a game.

11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Some of them just aren’t the brightest light bulbs?

"We don't rise to the level of our expectations; we fall to the level of our training."

Some fall lower?

12. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    If we were talking hs ball, that would be spot on. An not that they have to be rocket scientists, but they are getting paid millions of dollars to coach and be coached. Falling lower shouldn't be an excuse.

13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Just because they are paid millions doesn’t make them one bit smarter. AB for example. Plexico. Bubby. And probably 85.43 percent of the others. Have you ever noticed reports don’t try to interview most of the team?

You can’t fix stupid.

14. SWSteel

SWSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2020

DJ was on n W I D E O P E N w space for prob 1st down n more

Ben never looked anywhere else but Juju on that play........

15. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I get that, but this is a much more experienced version of Roethlisberger than the one who threw that touchdown pass to Holmes.

16. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    "Hindsight I think is a useless tool."

Somebody

• Like Like x 1
  17. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm not sure how any of this is hindsight. Should I have posted while the ball was in the air?

18. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Ben is definitely more experienced.
    He's proven over the years he only knows one way to play football, successful or not. His current receivers could turn out to be the most well-rounded group he's ever had, I don't see him changing his ways now.

19. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Hard to believe some want to blame Juju. The LB had tight coverage. The ball placement wasn't the best. Ben had another WR open that would had probably gotten the first down or TD. Ben didn't always play smart or high percentage football ie throwing a bomb on 3rd and short. I don't expect Ben will change his approach to the game so we are going to have to live with it. It will probably come back to bite the Steelers if they make the playoffs.

20. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Agreed that would have been a spectacular catch by JuJu. Bad Ben reared his ugly head for the first time this season last week.

21. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I doubt he will change, either. That doesn't mean he shouldn't be criticized for it. It was an unnecessary risk with Johnson open with room to run underneath.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Do we post about it if the catch is made? Or do we post about a great catch from JuJu?

"Hindsight is the cruelest & most astute advisor."

Somebody else

• Like Like x 1
  23. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Edit: no posts about Ben not seeing an open DJ. Ben saw a situation he liked, made a decision. Bad one in hindsight.

24. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I've posted negative things about risky plays that had a good result before, so that assumption doesn't hold up.

25. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Again, was I supposed to post while the ball was in the air for it not to be hindsight?

I didn't even start watching the game on Game Pass until nearly 5 p.m., so I saw that play long after those who watched the game live.