1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

3 things are clear to me

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by DDinAZsteel1, Jan 9, 2012.

1. DDinAZsteel1

DDinAZsteel1 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    1. Redman is a better back than Mendenhall. Don't give me the Redman doesn't have break away speed and Mendy does crap either. That is meaningless even IF true.

2. Antonio Brown is a much better WR than Wallace. Wallace is disturbingly soft.

3. Nobody on the entire coaching staff has any control of #7. Until that happens, if it ever does, this team will live and die with the success of the sandlot play.

2. jnico6

jnico6 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Re: 3 things are clear to f #7.me

totally agree.

I like Mendy, but I think a combo of Redman, Batch, Dwyer and Clay should be fine next year.

Brown is a better wr, Wallace needs to learn how to be tougher if thats possible.

Ben runs this team and he will never change his style of play.

3. csykescollege

csykescollege Active Member

Oct 24, 2011

1. bens not the problem the d is laughable at times and just plain soft.
    2. brown is the best offensive weapon we have and redman is a str8 baller
    3. we need new D scheme and start looking for bens replacement in next year or so cause that dudes as broke and banged up as you can get.

3 1/2. wr screens just suck. thats it they just flat out blow.

4. NickSteel

NickSteel Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2011

Unfortunately I agree with this. I love Ben and I love his style of play, but he will never be in the same league as the elite passers. He has the fire and passion for winning, but it is clear he does not have same desire, nor the work ethic to elevate his personal play to truly great. Don't get me wrong, I would never suggest shipping Big Ben off, because he is easily in the top 7 or 8 QB's in the league. However, unless he matures and realizes he needs to put in some HARD work and humble himself he will never get any better.

5. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011

I'll agree with #2, but as for Ben. Most people here ragging on him forget one thing- that's *exactly* what makes Ben..well, Ben. He's always been the sandlot player, and that's what makes him so dangerous. No other QB in the league can extend a play or make something out of a broken play or a play on the run. Just look up the stats for QBs making completions on broken plays or scrambles - he's clearly #1 with no close second. How many games has he won for us simply because of that fact? I'll wager it's more than the # of times he's lost games because of bone-head decisions.

Brown is our best receiver, easily. Wallace - well, unfortunately he's shown in the 2nd half of the season that he's just a speedster. If the ball isn't right on the money, or isn't where he just can just accelerate in a straight line to get it - he won't make an attempt to catch it. He never becomes a defender if a ball is underthrown, and never makes major adjustments either. I was glad to see Sanders step back up yesterday, too.

If Mendy can heal/rehab properly, I'd like to see him and Redman together. They make a good compliment with Clay spelling either one when needed. You have to admit, there have been times this season when RM has made defenders come out of their shoes on his juke moves.