1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

3 compensatory picks for the steelers

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Guest, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I was surprised to see that the steelers picked up 3 7th round compensatory picks. This means we have 10 picks in the draft this year. We got the 3 picks for losing Keyaron Fox, Matt Spaeth, and Nick Eason. Not bad. :-D :thumbs_up:

2. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    It's really a shame we can't trade them, since we sure as heck don't have room for 10 guys. But we can trade our original 7th to move up if a guy we like is falling.

Mostly I'm hoping for Chad Diehl though. Draft him to play fullback, use Will Johnson as H-back, cut David Johnson. It'll be one thing if Diehl goes in the 6th or something, but if he makes it to our comp picks we have no excuse.

(Mendenhall), Redman, Dwyer, Batch, Diehl + Miller, Saunders, W. Johnson

Now that looks threatening to me. And we have the roster space, and the active gameday roster space. Will Johnson and Chad Diehl can both play special teams effectively.

3. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Yeah I was pleasantly surprised we got 3 CP's when they were announced a week or so ago. ( viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2619 )

4. muthjv

muthjv Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2012

looks like we could move up 4 spots in the 4th, around 8 in the 5th and 12 in the 6th by giving up our 7th.............i cant recall too many teams jockeying for position when it comes to these rounds. maybe the 4th, we will see i guess

5. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Can we trade our 6th and 7th maybe to move up?

6. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    We sure could, but then we have two whole rounds with no picks. It's an option though. Depends on who is around when.