1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

2024 Draft

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Chucktownsteeler, May 8, 2023.

1. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    clever deception!

upload_2024-3-13_22-59-56.jpeg

2. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023
    I don’t disagree with this.

3. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I think with the "new guard" FO, there is also a chance that we get aggressive and move up in the second if we take a different position to make sure we secure the C we like. We've shown the propensity in just a single year of their leadership to trade up (multiple times) to secure the players we really want. We could easily go a different route in Rd 1 only to turn around and put together a package to move up in Rd 2 to get the guy we wanted.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Centers tend to drop in the draft and Frazier is coming off of an injury, this draft is loaded at other positions I could see Frazier still on the board at #51.

5. Born2Steel

Jul 7, 2023
    I certainly hope so.

6. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    So, I was watching Malachi Corley, and I started noticing his QB, Austin Reed.

I like the kid. Probably a UDFA. Decent size, good arm and quick release. Maybe a guy you can develop into a decent back up.

7. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Bad News, every single play was out of the Shotgun formation. Arthur Smith's offense will have the QB under center 50% of the time. Kenny Picket talked about how he didn't like being under center and using play action because he had to take his eyes off the defensive backfield.

What you going to do with a QB who doesn't like being under center???

8. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I don't see how Kenny's feelings about shotgun have anything to do with Austin Reed? Reed might be fine with/learning shotgun, unlike that winey biatch KP.

Plus, we're talking about a 2-3 year development guy. Not a 1st rd pick that you expect to come in and play fairly quickly. You teach him.

9. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    The NFL Network is having their live mock draft with their panel tonight at 8 PM. I'm interested in seeing how they think the draft will play out.
    The mock pick is in Tyler Guyton RT from Oklahoma.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2024
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    For those of you "past practices" people, both Tomlin and Khan have been at 3 pro days, Georgia, Alabama, and Clemson.

11. Dax777

Dax777 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2021
    So
    JC Latham, Kool Aid Mckinstry, Terrion Arnold Amarius Mims, and Nate Wiggins.

Well! That narrows it down a bit. I'll be most pleased if it's one of the 2 Tackles. Hopefully Amarius Mims

Mims just strikes me as that Tackle that gets surprisingly picked in the top ten and way earlier than projections. :(

• Like Like x 1
  12. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
    Or falls because 0f his A) only 8 starts and B) getting injured in-season, in the SEC championship game, and at the combine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Marvin Harrison Jr. didn't work out at the combine or at his pro day. He feels confident that he will be the first WR taken and doesn't want to risk anything. They were comparing that to Rome Odunze and his combine workout on the NFL Network today. After his combine workout was over Odunze stayed on the field for over an hour and continued to work on his drills until he did everyone perfect.

14. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  15. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I really like Sainristil as a nickel and Roman Wilson at WR. Junior Colson is a solid LB prospect too. Those are the guys who pop into mind for me. Maybe a day 3 oline prospect or 2.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Born2Steel

Jul 7, 2023
    I really like Colson and we should be looking for an ILB.

I am not a huge fan of WRs that can't or won't block.

Sanristil is small but he definitely has skills.

Drake Nugent is a Center we may have interest in also.

Kris Jenkins is someone they should be looking at.

Plus a couple OGs they may be scouting for a mid-later round.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Wilson blocks

18. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
    Steelers (and Dolphins) were checking out Florida center Kingsley Ekaugun. Highly rated last year, he was injured most of this year (only played in 4 games). Possible late round pick.

19. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    The Steelers need a C, OT and WR. I would argue they need DT depth and a CB as well. But it seems to me like they are really committed to upgrading or fulfilling the OT, C and WR position this year. With that being said I don’t see them being able to fill all three positions with starters in the first three rounds. As a result I think they will draft a OT in the first and a WR in the second and sign or trade for a Center and draft a developmental one in the later rounds. Unless they trade down in the first and pick up some draft capital to move up in the second to get their Center. That still leaves alot of risk on the table waiting until the third to get your WR.

21. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

WR is pretty deep in this one. i think they get a corner in one of the first two rounds. CB, center, WR or tackle in the 3rd. if they needed a starter at LT they would have to go earlier but for a RT i think they can wait for one and fill these bigger need roles first. :cool:

22. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    I don’t think they go Corner that early. They already traded Dionte Johnson for a starting CB this year. I’m not thrilled with the guy but apparently Tomlin is high on him. I don’t think they are as high on Jackson Powers Johnson as the fans are. Frazier had a pedestrian pro day from what I saw. I think their guy is Mims or Guyton or they trade back a few spots and take Barton in rd one. I think they go WR in rd 2 and then CB, DT or C in rd 3. I think they will pick up a FA C or trade for one. I wouldn’t mind double dipping on the WR and CB in this draft. WOuldn’t mind Mcaffrey later in the draft and the Boston CB later in the draft.

23. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=9239...b21iaW5lLWVkZ2VycmluLWNvb3Blci1kcmFmdC8&ntb=1

:cool:

24. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
  25. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    just showing you who they have shown interest in so far. many of them top DB's. :cool: