1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

2022 Draft

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jujubean, Sep 27, 2021.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Agreed, but We still could use a solid one....that isn't hurt abunch.

2. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    You need the straw to stir the drink.

3. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Trade up

4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Many of these QBs are on the small side
    Matt Corral
    Spencer Rattler
    JT Daniels

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I'm starting to agree with those in the Rodgers/Watson camp for 2022. Watson has more prime years left. Either draft OL or CB in the first. Steelers should be able to pick the best college CB in the draft. 2022 QB draft class is anything but spectacular at this point.

6. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Rodgers would give us a Hell no.

7. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Watson would be the best option, character issues aside.

8. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Rodgers will be 38 in December, you can’t give up anything significant for a 38 year old player. He also strikes me as the type that might retire if he plays a season and things aren’t going his way. If he were a free agent that would be fine but Green Bay will want multiple high picks for him, too risky IMO

Watson is completely tainted, the things he got up to are really concerning and just off the charts weird. He is a great player on the field but do we really want that kind of character on our team?

If the right QB doesn’t fall to the Steelers in the 2022 draft I think you take BPA at OLine or Cornerback in the first round. Get the best players you can, ride out 2022 with Mason and pick up a mobile free agent QB like Brissett, Mariota or Trubisky to compete for the job, offer something different and get you through until you can draft the next guy.

9. Madmike77

Madmike77 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2019
    Still early, but next year's QB draft isn't supposed to be amazing. The Steelers may be better off going OL, which is a huge issue at the moment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I’m not sure if you are aware of this, but that requires someone else wanting to trade down. Just in case you missed that significant part.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    teams not wanting a QB are usually willing trade out of the higher picks. It’s pretty common.

12. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    too early to know what the QB talent will be like.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    No one will like this but if he maintains his performance this season Kenny Pickett will end up getting a 1st round grade.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  14. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Roethlisberger was tainted and he matured. I wouldn't give up what Houston is asking for Watson, but if he legal issues are settled and the price was only a #1, I would at least consider it. One thing Tomlin can do is coach in a zoo atmosphere.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Except for the fact Houston wants 3 first round draft picks for Watson.

16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Difference is....He wasn't tainted before We got Him. This one will Be.
    I rather We draft one...then bring in somebody's leftovers

17. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    For now. If the Steelers end up with a top 10 pick it may change what you can offer them.......IF they want that baggage, which they don't so the discussion is moot.

18. 4124life

4124life Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2018
    Rodgers will probably be here next year.

19. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Why the hell would old man Rodgers want to come here???

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    My point is many players mature. There are others that do not, Josh Gordon and AB for example. Like Gordon, Watson may have an addiction and may not be worth the trouble. But if he learns from his mistakes and matures, he is the most talented available QB. I understand why people do not want Watson and I can respect their viewpoint.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I mainly Want Steelers 2 Draft a Guy....I know this sounds strange, or silly, but it's Seems Like ....More Our Guy if We Draft Him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Keep in mind that, in addition to that post, my previous posts were based on this teams current performance and should it continue. That said, should this continue... there is going to be no choice but to acquire someone of Neal's caliber. That said,... I will not be complaining.

If not him though, agreed on Darian Kinnard. Has not just the quality athletic ability but the nasty streak to go along with it.

23. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Would you rather draft a possible Mark Malone or trade for a Watson, if his legal troubles are settled and Goodell doesn't suspend him?

24. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Neal would be an all pro in 2 years. Still hard to imagine passing up a QB if we draft top 5. One or two of these QBs will seperate themselves by year end and become a Joe Burrow

25. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Oddly enough... only QB I see worth taking that high, right now, is Matt Corral. Crazy as this will sound, it really feels to me that Matt Corral was born to play in Matt Canada's Offense. I understand the likes of Malik Willis and even Desmond Ridder (hint hint) as well. However, Corral's abilities will not just fully unlock Canada's playbook but also the entire Offense. Just one problem though....

Would you trust this current Offensive Line to protect him?! I did state that the upcoming class is not just very talented but very deep mind you. However, Evan Neal, even in a class as good as this one.... is in a class of his own. How a human being moves SO WELL for his size with the leverage, strength and power to match is truly unbeknownst to me. Between the likes of Jonah Williams, Jedrick Willis, Alex Leatherwood and himself, Evan Neal stands above them... way above them.

As you said, perennial All Pro Offensive Tackle. Yes, the QB is the most important position in Football. However, if he is getting constantly knocked on his jackseat, no matter how good he is.... he will surely fail; Patrick Mahomes in this past Super Bowl yet another reminder of this.

If Corral is gone before Neal and if Neal is still available, I would be working those phone lines. Way too good of a player to pass up on; second only to Kyle Hamilton who will be an instant impact player so long as said team does not mess him up a la Minkah Fitzpatrick.

• Like Like x 1