1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

2021 NFL Free Agency thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Mar 15, 2021.

1. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Funny i havent seen any posts/ tweets from Dupree thanking the Steelers organaztion, or the fans for all the support over the pst years....... :hmm:

2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Steelers weren't interested in re-signing Dupree, what is he supposed to do, not take the money from the Titans?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Steelers fans do not turn on anything. They just whine more. That's it.

4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  5. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I would put Banner (if signed) on the left side. Not sold yet on Chuks who I would put on the right side. Rumor has it about bringing AV back so its a possibility Banner will still not be fully ready with the injury. AV could be insurance and depth till Banner is ready to go providing its a Steeler type deal.

6. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Bungles are courting Hilton

7. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    steelers down to 2,775 million under the cap with banner and finney yet to be added. should hear some restructures or cuts coming soon. :cool:

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    By my back of an envelope calculations they can clear well over $20m by redoing Nelson, Haden, Boz, Tuitt and DeCastro in various extensions/ restructures. I’m not suggesting they will do all of that, but they are the moves open to them if they want to free up some money.

I think Nelson and Tuitt are a given, thats about $10m alone

9. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    they said they can get around 4 mil. for redoing tuitt. of course next year, tuitt and cam will come in at about 18 mil. each. :cool:

10. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Why are you sold on Banner? Because he did the funny thing on kneel downs and is a riot on social media?

He's been on four teams in four years and started one game at tackle, where he proceeded to explode his knee.

I'm wondering what everyone sees in this guy, who is a total unproven experiment at this point.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Puzzling strategy by the Steelers, who claimed to be going all in for Ben in his last year, and are now watching all their young players leave. If they think it's fiscally irresponsible to extend all of those guys, they're right, but then why keep Ben?

You either lay up, or drive the green. They're plopping it right in the middle of the pond.

12. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    I couldn’t agree more, I have said since the Browns game that Ben coming back is utterly pointless, it’s just adding dead money in 2022, trying to run it back with a depleted roster full of holes. That decision is made now, but this refusal to acknowledge they need a reset year is going to hurt them in the long run.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Bud Dupree owes the Steelers, and us fans nothing.

The Steelers could have extended Bud when his 5th year option came up. Instead they openly debated weather or not they would pick up the option. The Steelers could have extended Bud the year after. Instead they used the tag on Bud. The Steelers had an entire offseason to negotiate with Bud. Instead they choose to let him walk.

We fans have been calling Bud a bust almost since he got here. Even in this thread you have people posting how he is going to be a bust for the Titans.

Bud doesn't owe the Steelers or us fans a damn thing.

Personally, I wish him all the best.

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    banner has less games played then our rookie last year dotson. so now he's the starting LT? really? you all know just because he is a tackle in name doesn't mean he can just play either side just as well. banner doesn't have the mobility to man the left side. if so we will be seeing mason soon. maybe even haskins before it's over. the poor RB that so many want drafted in the first round. keeping ebron, banner, chuks okrafor and whomever we finally use at center will not create what we are hoping for. i just don't see it. it's going to be a long season. losing juju won't help either. never mind his pass catching ability being gone, but his downfield blocking on run plays will be gone as well. smoke and mirrors coming to a stadium near you. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I would honestly be alright with Brissett but I have no idea what his cap hit is or if they could make it work. They have so many other urgent needs I think he would be a borderline luxury at this point.

16. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    I’d agree with you, and also wish him the best. They were never paying him long term, glad he got his deal.

Bud in Tennessee will be a good test of PFF and their system, they have been thrashing him for years, saying he overrated and is only productive because of the Steelers scheme. I’ll be interest to see how he gets on over there.

Edit: Case in point

Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
  17. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    Brissett would have made a lot of sense if Ben had retired, Canada knows him well from their time together in college.

With Ben coming back and Mason still there I dont see why he would want to come to Pittsburgh or why they would want him right now. Maybe next year if Ben and Mason move on. I think you can win some games with Brissett if you put the right pieces around him, he is a low floor, low ceiling guy, ideal bridge QB

Not sure what Fitz has left, he’d be a good mentor for guys like Diontae but you can’t bring a guy in just for that unless he would play for near league minimum in a part time role.

18. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    No big surprises yet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Not sold. I'm not sold on Chuks. If they bring Banner back which they haven't yet I still would see what he has on the left side.

Sold on Dotson and DeCastro. Thats it.

Will Finney be the center? Hassenauer doesn't scream starter.

Didn't know or care he did that s#$%

I just finished crying in my Terrible Towel about Alvin the great signing with Tennessee... I need a moment...

20. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Yep...Had to lose like a 100 pounds to get a shot...got a shot...and got injured in the first game...

They better sure as hell have a backup plan, Because Banner doesn't sound anything, Like a sure thing

21. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Watt's that much better than Bud. Remember the Steelers moved Bud to the right side for him to be more productive. TJ doesn't need someone to cater to him to be effective

22. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Its called class, no matter if we owe him or not . Just abt every other player that has played for us, has tweete/ posted some kind thank you to the org/ fans when they left.....Hell some player do that and arnt even leaving.... I'm not gonna wish him any thing, he was a average player for the majority of the time he was here...., he dont wana be here fine see ya! go be average smewhere else.. lol

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Icall bs, why would anyone txt her from the steelers saying somthing like that.... lol

24. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    Pats signing Hunter Henry now as well, this is an insane splurge by Belichick, they have completely transformed that offence in 24 hours. Madness

25. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    So maybe you are not the best person to explain class.