1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

2020 TSF Mock Draft Team Summaries

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by SC Gamecock, Apr 26, 2020.

1. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    I know for myself, I really enjoy reading everyone's draft summaries, so I thought this would be a much easier way to read that content rather than skimming through threads looking for them.

And now, the Los Angeles Chargers summary:

• Round 1 - Pick 6 - #6 overall

Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon --- (correct pick: LA Chargers Round 1 - Pick 6 - #6 overall)

99% of mock drafts showed this as LA’s first pick…no surprise here.

• Round 2 - Pick 5 - #37 overall

Josh Jones, OT, Houston --- (drafted by Arizona - Round 3 - Pick 8 - #72 overall)

After securing the next Chargers franchise QB, they were able to still get a solid Left Tackle to take care of Herbert. (really surprised he lasted until #72 in the actual draft)!!!

• Round 3 - Pick 7 - #71 overall

Bryce Hall, CB, Virginia --- (drafted by NY Jets – Round 5 - Pick 12 - #158 overall)

In round 3, the Chargers shifted their focus to the defense. With hoping to re-sign Bosa and Ingram, there is no choice but to go younger & cheaper at other positions.

• Round 4 - Pick 6 - #112 overall

Bryan Edwards - WR, South Carolina --- (drafted by Las Vegas – Round 5 - Pick 17 - #81 overall)

Living close to where Edwards grew up and watching him at South Carolina, I know what he’s capable of. At this point of the draft, he was an absolute steal for me in my opinion.​

On a side note, he was actually was drafted by the Raiders. As I said, this kid played high school ball just down the road from where I live, then went to my TSF namesake of the REAL USC He’s an absolute beast. Battled some injuries at South Carolina, but is now healthy. He is definitely another high character kid that Gruden and Mayock are looking for. He now becomes a teammate of Hunter Renfrow, who went to my high school alma mater in Myrtle Beach, SC. They grew up about 10 miles apart, so I’m sure they’ll find a quick bond being from this area while being 2,000 miles away from home in sunny Las Vegas. (lucky bastards…lol)

• Round 5 - Pick 5 - #151 overall

Jordan Elliott, DT, Missouri --- (drafted by Cleveland – Round 3 - Pick 24 - #88 overall)

Shifted focus back over to the defense again, finding a very solid DT who was actually drafted in the 3rd round by Cleveland. He would’ve been a really solid piece to have in rotation on the defensive line. Now the Steelers will face him twice a year with Cleveland.

Until next year...cheers! :cool:

2. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    the Cleveland Browns draft class:

rd. 1 --- Iowa OT Tristan Wirfs
    rd. 2 --- USC O-lineman Austin Jackson
    rd. 3 --- Miss. St. OLB Willie Gay Jr.
    3b. --- Alabama DT Raekwon Davis
    rd. 4 --- Tulsa CB Reggie Robinson

While not a particularly sexy draft, they shore up most of the holes …… Wirfs will make people forget Joe Thomas... Jackson can play nearly anywhere across the o-line and will do it at a high level...…….. Gay is a thumper with sideline to sideline ability and is faster than some db's.. he will make a fine bookend to myles garrett…… Davis is a beast in the middle and will make life difficult on opposing running games.. this guy is getting 1st rd buzz and is an absolute steal with our 2nd 3rd rounder...… last, but not least, Robinson will make major contributions in the secondary.....

Side note.: If the browns' real draft plays out anything like this, I will be sweating more than a little bit

3. blackandgoldpatrol

Dec 5, 2011
    the Seattle Seahawks 2020 draft class:

1. Alabama CB Trevon Diggs
    2. Ga. OG Solomon Kindley
    3. So. ILL. S Jeremy Chinn
    3b Missouri TE Albert Okwuegbunam
    4. NC OT Charlie Heck
    4b Baylor D-Lineman James Lynch

We felt that balance was the key here... In Diggs we received what we feel will be a perennial pro bowler and an anchor for our secondary, while also making people forget Richard Sherman..... Kindley is a major road grader who will make life easier for our runners and provide extra protection for our franchise qb…… With Chinn, we scored a safety with a 2nd rd grade in the 3rd rd. and paired with Diggs and holdover, Shaquille Griffin, have the makings of the new Legion of Boom... Okwuegbunam brings wr speed to the te position and an extra dimension to the unit.. paired with will dissly and greg Olsen, not to mention bringing in Alshon Jeffrey via trade to pair with Tyler Lockett and DK Metcalf, we plan to make for a lot of sleepless nights for opposing d-coordinators..
    Charlie Heck, while not ready to step in right away, has all the tools that once developed, will make him a top OT in this league and lastly, James Lynch is a disruptor who will make qb's very uncomfortable, especially bookended with Clowney.

4. blackandgoldpatrol

Dec 5, 2011
    the Jacksonville Jaguars 2020 draft class.:

1. Clemson LB Isaiah Simmons
    1b LSU CB Kristian Fulton
    2. Utah QB Jordan Love
    3. LSU TE Thaddeus Moss
    4. Kentucky WR Lynn Bowden
    4b So. Miss. WR Quez Watkins
    4c Ohio St. DT Davon Hamilton

Reloading was the theme here... In Simmons, we brought in a swiss army knife of a defender that can play anywhere in the secondary or any lber position.... In Fulton we have the natural replacement for Patrick Ramsey.... Jordan Love was just to great of a value pick to overlook in the 2nd rd.... a Qb with a limitless ceiling, he will either push Gardner Minshew to greater heights or achieve great heights himself... either way, it's a great problem to have... Thaddeus Moss gives us a major weapon in the seams and a matchup nightmare for opposing lbers and safeties.... Bowden gives us a sure handed chain moving possession receiver on the inside, while Watkins brings the electric speed on the outside to pair with DJ Chark.... The defense basically quit due to the lack of support from the offense last season.... I don't think that will be a problem next season...….. Speaking of defense, we believe we got an absolute steal in Davon Hamilton.... he will be a big time disruptor on the inside rotation.... Prepare for the fireworks!!!!!!

If we did get a chance at our 5th rd pick, it would've been a RB to take pressure off fournette