1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

2019 RBs

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by turtle, Apr 9, 2019.

1. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I thought I'd list all the RBs that the Steelers have shown interest in. It seems they are definitely looking to get a 3rd RB.

Does anyone have any favorites?

Of course they had reps at many pro days so I just listed the ones where KC, MT, RBs Coach Faulkner or a Senior Scout was present.

Mike Weber OSU - Visit
    Miles Sanders PSU - Visit
    Damien Harris - ALA - Visit
    Jordan Scarlett FLA - Visit
    Travis Homer MIA - Visit

Justice Hill OKST - combine

Pro Days
    Khari Blasingame Vandy - Senior Scout
    LJ Scott MSU - Multiple Scouts
    Josh Jacobs ALA - Colbert
    Elijah Holyfield - UGA - Fichtner and Senior Scout
    Darrin Hall Pitt - Coach Faulkner
    Nick Brossette LSU - Colbert, Tomlin
    Benny Snell KEN - Coach Faulkner
    Trayveon Williams Tex AM - Colbert
    Darrell Henderson MEMP - Fichtner

You all know I want WSU's James Williams but they only had an area scout there so he doesn't make this list.

My number two option is Travis Homer Miami. 5'10 201 10in hands (nice, hold on to the ball),4.48, 39 vert, 130 broad, 7.07 3 cone. Some good numbers and he is pass protection ready, which is huge imo.
    Plus he's probably a 4th or 5th rounder so we can add those other more crucial pieces early.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    One thing on Homer. ESPN has him listed as 0 fumbles in 3 years while CBS has him fumbling 6 times and losing 5. And I was just praising his hand size :shrug:. Only 1 fumble in 2017 while he had 4 in 2018 with just about the same number of carries. So that recent number is not good. May have to re-think.

I like Sanders but think he goes on day two. Just think I'd rather go with other positions there.

3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I really like Henderson. He’s a threat every time he touches the ball. He’s going to produce at the NFL level.

I haven’t watched film of Holyfield and Brossette yet, but I liked how both them ran when watching games last fall. I’ve read that Holyfield is an excellent pass protector, but haven’t watched for myself yet.

4. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    They are predicting Sanders in 4th, I don't see it happening he is too good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I like Hill as a change of pace. Good vision in the hole,some shiftiness and excellent burst and speed. I'm not so sure he could hold up if asked to play full time due to a injury to Conner. Nice lightning to go with Conners thunder. Someone to keep a eye on with one of our 6ths is Rodney Anderson . Coming off a injury he will probably be available.

6. Mcgee

Mcgee Active Member

Oct 2, 2016
    Don't be surprised if the Steelers draft Darrin Hall of Pitt in the later rounds. Split time in college so he should have fresh legs. Hard to imagine, but he rushed for over 1,000 yards and averaged 7.5 yards per carry. Really impressive since every team that played Pitt, played the run first since they ran it 65% of the time and had a horrible passing attack. And finally, the Steelers got to know this kid because he was in the building so to speak. Look at Conner, I'm sure it helped him to be sharing space with the Steelers while in college.

7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Holyfield ugh, dude runs like a 4.8 forty

8. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Justice Hill is my guy although I do like Sanders as well.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Yep, and that means that we can get a hard nosed, physical RB very late in the draft with tape that is worthy of a higher pick. Some guys with poor 40 times turn out fine. Anquan Boldin also ran in the 4.7’s, and he was a stud.

10. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I agree. I was on board with Holyfield after watching film. That poor 40 was totally unexpected and doesn’t reflect what you see on film. Admittedly it has made me sour a little but he still has those qualities you listed. Depending on what we do before hand, he might be worth a flyer in the 6th.

• Like Like x 1
  11. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I have liked Brossett since the Shrine game, go back and watch the over the shoulder catch coming out of the back field he had for a TD, that was something I think will fit nicely here. Add in the fact he is like a 5th-6th rounder even better. I like Snell a ton as well but I worry about his attitude. I watched his bowl game and when he set the school record for rushing he showed "AB" like attitude......me me me. Maybe I looked to hard into it but it was enough to make me think that. I am not worried about the 40 times on Snell or Holyfield I think that number gets blown up to much, how often doe a guy run a straight 40? Show me the splits, what's their burst like how shifty are they and how much power do they run with that tells me something.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    No love for gaskin? Such a quietly productive rb. 0 fumbles as a 4 year starter. Averaged over 1300 yards per season. Can catch the ball too. Overlooked sleeper for some reason. Probably could be had in the 6th. Not sure why he doesn't get more national love. Not a lot of fanfare just production.

I said a long time ago that I thought we would probably go in building with one of the Pitt guys.

This class has many good rbs. Snell, I have liked since early. Hard runner. The kid from miami ain't bad either.

Too many good ones to have to pick to early. They will be there on day 3.:cool:

13. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    I really like Gaskin as a runner and receiver. However I need to watch some tape and see how he is as a pass protector before advocating for him. That’s a really important skill for a RB that usually gets overlooked by the media draftniks.

14. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Gaskins wasn't on the list because of the interest shown. No pre-draft visit and an area scout at pro day. I just listed the RBs who had "higher ups" show interest. Doesn't mean the Steelers won't draft them obviously, I just wanted to shorten the list for this post.

• Like Like x 1
  15. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Gaskin is pretty good at pass protect.:cool:

16. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Not sure where you got that stat, but I had a similar issue with Travis Homer. CBS has Myles Gaskin with 4 fumbles and 2 lost.

17. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    ESPN stats. Even if it was 4 that is not bad in over 1,000 touches.:cool:

18. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Ozigbo from Nebraska.:cool:

19. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    yep espn had 0 for Homer too, seems like they are the ones dropping the ball :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    With his speed he will probably be a UDFA.

21. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Trayveon Williams
    David Montgomery
    Darrell Henderson
    Miles Sanders

22. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Darrin Hall can play, if given opportunity, was also recently recognized for his scholastic achievements

23. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011

A RB to look at in the 6th or 7th rd, he has 4.4 speed.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  24. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Totally forget about Colorado RB Travon McMillian until I saw his profile on steelers depot. I really liked what I saw watching him last year. They haven't shown much interest but I'll keep my fingers crossed for a late rounder/ UDFA.

25. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012