1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

2018 Steelers NFL Mock Draft: Pro Day Wrap Up

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by AskQuestionsLater, Apr 7, 2018.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
  2. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Hey AQL what are your feelings on Josh Sweat I know you were one of the guys that were complimentary on him. Is he in play for us at 28 if things don't fall out way ,say our top rated ILBs and Safeties are gone?

3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Josh Sweat?! I love him. Followed him since high school where many thought he would be better than even Jadeveon Clowney. Athletically, sans his 10 yard split, still great at a 1.55, he exceeds him.

The key thing for me though was his three cone and he got under the seven second mark. Generally speaking, if an edge rusher can get under seven seconds in the three cone, that means they have more ability to bend the edge than those that do not.

Sure, he does not have Bud's legendary explosive capabilities (I do not think anyone ever will honestly) but Sweat is still very explosive and very twitchy; the latter of which Dupree is not as he is a pure force rusher.

Now, as for him being in play is very difficult to say. Not only are we rapidly approaching the draft but neither Colbert, Porter or Tomlin were present at Flordia State's Pro Day. Unless he is one of the remaining draft visits, I would have to say little chance we snag him.

Actually, of the teams that just may do that, keep an eye on Tennessee. They need pass rushing help in the worst way possible. Such athletic traits, as we have seen before, do tend to get players overdrafted.

However, I believe that, should he end up in the right place, Sweat is going to be a hit.

• Like Like x 1