1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

2017 qb's ranked

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by poplarbluffman, Jan 24, 2017.

1. poplarbluffman

poplarbluffman New Member

Jan 24, 2017
    1. Desaun Watson Clemson 6'2 215 Zak Prescott type QB a winner graduated college in 3 years quick release..fits the new era of mobile qb's
    2. Pat Mahomes Texas Tech 6'2 229 true gunslinger..throws the from all angles, will run slide or take a hit young Brett Favre type qb, true gunslinger dad played 11 years in the MLB all academic love his feet/coordination.. has he right Meyers Briggs personality type to succeed

3.Mitch Trubisky North Carolina 6'3 220 junior very few starts, raw, very athletic, mobile qb with solid arm strength and quick release to be a day 1 starter. solid character scores...normally a mid/late 1 but in a weak QB draft might go very early
    4. Brad Kaaya Miami tall reminds of Goff same build quick release better football personality
    5.Nathan Peterman Pittsburgh 6024, 225. 9 7/8 hands 3X Academic Honor Roll looks like a NFL qb big frame accurate passer plays in a pro set physically reminds me of Kurt Warner both physically and personality.. really notice his passes in tight windows

6. DeShone Kizer Notre Dame soph 6'4 230 good runner below avg accuracy with NFL arm has the tools and passes the eyeball test likely over drafted7. Seth Russell Baylor 6-2 7/8, 203. broke ankle in Nov 16 hurt neck in 7th game in 2015 Senior Bowl nfl arm/accuracy solid body good runner 1240 yards in his career, graduated in May 2016 but with serious lnjury history likely #2/3 draft pick if he was healthy solid character leader type of player has his pilot license
    8. Davis Webb Cal 6045 229 9 1/8 hands 4,295 yards with a 37/12 TD/INT ratio in 12 games this season better bigger/stronger then Goff with similar arm strength but slower release Senior Bowl Texas Tech has thrown for 9852 yards in his career very nice touch on rb screens. reminds me of Sean Mannion
    9. Jerod Evans Virginia Tech 6'2 238 best runner in the draft strong arm and touch but sociology major, jc transfer, junior and plays in a spread...adds up to a long time to learn a NFL playbook.. too talented to hide on ps and maybe won't be a #2 for awhile..team has to be willing to carry 3 qb's on 53 if they draft him similar to former Virginia Tech qb Tyrod Taylor
    10. C.J. Beathard Iowa CJ Beathard QB Iowa 6025 219 9 1/8 hands 31 arms lacks elite arm/size but a Zak Prescott winner type of qb more accurate passer then Prescott was in college great later rd pick at qb senior Bowl best later rd qb sleeper in draft
    11 Josh Dobbs Tennessee 6'2 1/2 210 2nd SEC named 3rd smartest college player in 2015. Senior Bowl, genius, quick release, strong arm, scrambles, good runner, strong enough to run through arm tackles with only avg accuracy in mid/long passes as a spread qb might be a #2 qb in the NFL

12..Chad Kelly Mississippi 6'2 224 athletic avg accuracy/arm strength backup type Named to SEC Academic Honor Roll in 2015-16 ... Made Dean’s Honor Roll for Spring 2015 ... Has a 3.02 GPA after spring 2016 semester has a solid chance to make a team as their 3rd qb or ps
    13.Sefo Liufau Colorado 6'3 230 econ major very bright Senior Bowl 4X starter Freshman All American 8932 career passing 761 rushing
    13. Antonio Pipkin Tiffin 6'2 210 Senior bowl 2016 GLIAC PLAYER OF THE YEAR 2,534 passing 64.9 completion percentage while also rushing for 757 yards (68.8 yards per game). Pipkin is 3rd qb l in Division II history to gain 2,000 yards rushing and 10,000 yards passing in a career.. 4x four-time All-GLIAC honoree better runner then passer has NFL arm but lacks accuracy 7th/udfa

do this as a hobby nfldraftresearch.com

2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    peterman, terrell, higgins, kiel, rush all could be worth a look. :cool:

3. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    No to Brad Kaaya. Very poor at making decisions and this will be multiplied in the NFL. Especially when the pressure is on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. 08SteelCurtain

08SteelCurtain Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Pat Mahomes will be a good NFL QB. He is going to shoot up draft boards pretty soon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. chitown steeler3

chitown steeler3 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
    Who is this Zak Prescott you mention twice?
    Was he from the early years of the NFL that nobody remembers?

6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Thanks for list PoplarBluff, lets hope the Steeler scouts are watching/talking to a few that interest them.
    Remember able to make quick decisions, accurate, can make all the throws. your on your way.

7. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    just stay away from josh dobbs. mahomes is the man for me but we would have to take him high and not sure its worth it

8. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    What is your take on Dobbs, I only saw one or two games and then the Senior Bowl practices. They hype his smarts but book smart and football smart are sometimes two different things.

If Mahomes can figure out that footwork, he's seems to have a great arm.

9. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    living here in east tenn I see him all the time. he over thinks everything. he is late on his reads and high on a lot of throws. we know what that means in the nfl. I would be shocked if every team even has him on their boards. he can run sure. he can throw screens. he is just way to inconsistent for the nfl game. that is my take. he isn't as good as say former tenn qbs like tyler bray or erik ainge and they didn't make it.

sometimes his brain gets in the way lol

10. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i think peterman should just walk on over to our place with his stuff. i think he's tough and has the right mentality to make it here. he seems like a pittsburgh steeler qb. ;):cool:

11. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    really? has he gotten that much better cause he sucked at Tennessee. he couldn't even beat out dobbs. I know its a different system but he really struggled throwing the ball

12. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    he looked good in the first half of the Senior Bowl. Not a fan of taking a QB this draft, but if they do, he looked like a good prospect. Wouldn't be opposed to using a pick on him that's for sure. L. Jones re-signing has a lot of implications for this draft. Don't see how people think he is not re-signed tbh. I'm not a fan but he is a competent back up I can say that. I'm not as angry as last year lol.

13. BadwordLebeau

BadwordLebeau Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Deshaun Watson doesn't remind me of Dak Prescott. Dak is a hoss that can absorb NFL hits. Watson is an RG3. He might be a little bit taller but about the same body type. He would have to prove to me that he is cerebral and can quickly process his reads. How that can be proven is beyond me. Also I expect D-coordinators to catch up with Dak a little bit now having an entire season of tape and the time to process it.

14. StillHERNation

StillHERNation Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2017
    Deshaun is not the best QB in the draft. He's not even close to the most accurate.

15. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    I expect mahomes to go in the first round, he has the most upside in this QB class, I expect the cardinals to draft him and I dont expect us to get him unless he falls in our lap in the later rounds.......

16. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    With the right team this player will flourish

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  17. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    A lot will depend on what we do in FA. If we address either CB or Edge rusher, I'd be very open to QB at 30, definitely if they address both.

Im liking Mahomes so far.

18. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    I usually don't agree with your thoughts, But Mahomes should be there at 30, I am not a big fan of big 12 QB's. But
    Mahomes would have time to learn NFL system's defenses. The need is there for the Steelers.

19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, the one thing I don't like about him is he comes from a spread offense but if he sits behind Ben for couple years, I think it would be all right taking him, he could take his time learning and not be thrown to the wolves.

20. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    mahomes will be the next drew brees

21. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I really have alot of reservations of this QB as a whole. I am not a fan at all.

I don't think there is a 1st round talent amongst the bunch. That beine said, as per usual, I hope 3 or 4 QBs go in the Top 20. Pushes better players down to us. :hehehe: