1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

2016 NFL Draft Discussion Thread [No Spoilers]

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Apr 28, 2016.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Colbert said they like Burns length 33 inch arms and playmaking ability, his 6 ints in 2015 were the most from a Miami player since the late Sean Taylor had 10. He needs improvement in off and zone coverage.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  2. RPO IZSB

RPO IZSB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
    that's hilarious

3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Fuller is a good player, and fits what we do. He's not a press man guy, and his worst tape was being 1 on 1 with a torn meniscus last season. I think Burns has more upside, but it's unproven, unpolished upside. I've rationalized the pick as getting some help in 2016, and maybe a really good player in 2017. I think his rookie year will be a lot like Dupree's.

4. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Some top guys not picked in the first. Billings, Alexander, Ragland, Jack, Reed, Ogbah and Robinson. All defense....hmmmmm

5. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I hope he contributes as much as Bud did year one, Elvis, but he's just sooo raw. I don't know. Hope I'm wrong about him.

6. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Probably have to trade into the top ten of second round to get a chance at those guys don't you think? Everybody will look at their board for the next 20 hours and see the level of talent that just missed the first round. Like the SS the Giants moved up for at the start of day two last year.

7. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I think the Steelers go DT in rd2 and S in rd3.

8. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    you had us taking 6 defensive players in 3 mocks you listed. :shrug: :cool:

9. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    The draft is deep at DL and S.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. SubtropicalSteeler

SubtropicalSteeler Member

Apr 27, 2016
    The coaching in coral gables has been a joke the entire time burns was in miami. He has the natural abilities and the drive. Give the kid some real coaching, and see what he can do. I love artie burns. Obviously it would have been preferable to move down a couple of picks and get him, but he was a late riser on a lot of boards. If the staff believes in this kid, they were right to just take him.

• Like Like x 1
  11. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I wouldn't trade up for any of those guys but was just surprised who didn't make the first round. Some good talent there though.

12. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I learned in the last 2 weeks, his mother died this past year. Was that during the season? If so, I would expect he have some lapses on tape. Not going to be fully involved in film/practice I can only imagine. I hope he is what they envision he can be.

We will now see how Lake does at coaching some top talent.

13. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i like artie, just not as a top 25 pick. oh well he's our guy now. i'll bet we see another before the draft is over. i hope simmons is there for us friday. :cool:

14. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Yeah. She passed away in October. He's a high character kid. He's got a 19 month old of his own, and is a father figure to his teenage brothers. Their father is currently serving a long prison sentence. I believe he said he was incarcerated when he was in 4th grade.

15. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    So he'll be very motivated to do well.

16. SubtropicalSteeler

SubtropicalSteeler Member

Apr 27, 2016
    Yes. That was the same week the canes fired the coach. The next game was the absurd 8 lateral last minute td against duke. Burns played in that game (and played pretty well). He actually had what should have been a game clinching interception called back on a bad PI call. The kid plays with heart. I really hope he's successful. I'm certain his effort will be there.

• Like Like x 1
  17. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015
    Depth and high quality are not the same thing

• Like Like x 1
  18. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015
    What are you confused about?

19. bedwyr

bedwyr Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Dean. Voice of reason! Amazing.

My take, we picked a position of need and got a good athlete with good size speed and ball skills. He'll need some good coaching and time I suppose will tell what we've got, opinion is all over the map on this one.

Not sure how a trade with Denver would work given they traded one behind us and absolutely knew we wouldn't pick a QB?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  20. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Just another reason why we should have traded back. I am fine with the pick but I have said many times I want to move back gain picks, we could have used them to move up in the 2nd. We probably would have gotten the same player and if not I would have been fine with either of Alexander or Fuller. We have the 27th pick in the 2nd and there are still very good players out there and it would have been nice to have the extra pick/picks.

21. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Dean hates Colbert so no matter what we did it was probably gonna be wrong. I don't mind the pick I just think we should have traded back. I don't think we got "punked" by the Bunholes and who cares, the last time I checked we had more points on the score board the last time we played them.......just sayin!

22. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Well I think with the players left one of these guys will be ours in the 2nd: Adolphus Washington, Jeremy Cash or Darian Thompson....thoughts?

23. bedwyr

bedwyr Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Well we don't know if any trade back offers were made or if they were what they were, the Broncos didn't need us cos they traded one behind us with complete assurance we weren't going QB.

24. bedwyr

bedwyr Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Cash. Pure in the box safety?

25. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Yeah, but Bud was super raw as well. I'm sure he won't be just thrown out onto the field until he knows the defense and is ready to make a positive impact.