1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

2016 Draft thoughts

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Axl, Sep 16, 2015.

1. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
  2. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
  3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i'm looking to duke for safeties. one senior and two red shirt juniors. all really good. one of the if not the best secondary in the country. probably some smarts too playing at duke. :cool:

4. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Unfortunately, I watched the Wisconsin-Nebraska game yesterday and got a good look at McEvoy. I didn't know what to expect from a 6'6" guy but he was more athletic than I thought. He was good in coverage and usually around the ball. Seemed like a sound tackler too. One of the bigger Husker RBs (Cross I think it was) put a lick on him and he seemed stunned but didn't miss any time I don't think. He would definitely match up against the bigger WR/TEs.

5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I wanted a NT last year and I still do. Although I'm waiting to see if big Dan has any potential. It starts up front and we have the DEs. Crush the pocket and your DBs suddenly get better.

6. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I'm beginning to see some DL show up in mocks out there, namely the guy from Alabama. Robinson, I think. I think a DT is far down on my priority list, but if a dominant one is there and no one else is, then yeah, I could see us pulling the trigger. But considering how often we are in nickel, with only two true DL on the field, that would be a big luxury pick. Strictly speaking first round, of course.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    I think the d-backs are getting stronger every week. Cockrell is playing his heart out. I would send scouts to watch Duke games. Someone down here is teaching some good stuff

8. GB_Steel

Oct 20, 2011
    Max Teurk, OL, USC, tore up a knee ligament and is done for his senior season. Guy was a potential 1st rounder that will probably fall into the 3rd. Could be a great pickup for us being that Pouncey is bound to miss time and we also need a cheap upgrade at LG.

9. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I am a little late to this party but I love talking draft. I really thought last year's draft was a slam dunk but with injury and cuts I guess that wasn't the case. I think CB has to be our #1 priority and I mentioned in another thread the Fuller kid from VT any news/thoughts on him? I also think we have to find a guy who can step in for Pouncey and maybe play og. We are without a 4 & 5 right so we are going to have to work hard in the 1st 3 rounds IMO.

10. GB_Steel

Oct 20, 2011
    Fuller had season-ending knee surgery to repair a torn meniscus (just found this out, but happened about a month ago). I read that some people think he'll be the best Fuller of the bunch, so I'd be fine if we took him, whenever he's in the draft. He's a junior now so may return for senior year. With his size, production and pedigree, he'll be an early pick.

11. Steel Commando

Steel Commando Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Sanchez, CB OU, while confident/cocky, is 6' and extremely injury prone and is not a good tackler. We have enough of those already.

12. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Yeah he did get hurt and that may help us cause I think he may fall because of it. I have heard the same thing that he is suppose to be the best of the Fuller bunch........with Golson coming back from injury that is like another pick for us so I feel we could wait if Fuller isn't ready.

13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They will be without a 5 & 6, Boykin didn't get enough playing time so the Steelers keep their 4th rd pick.

14. Rick

Rick Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2015
    We should probably be looking for NTs and DBs this offseason. Not only in college but around the league as well.

15. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Yeah thanks I know that but when I posted that statement it was in October and I like so many here thought Boykin was gonna get more playing time.

16. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm pulling for Zach Sanchez from OU. But I only really pay attention to the Sooners so I'm biased, but he was clutch so many times. Not sure of his rank vs other CB's but I would be pretty happy to have him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Mackensie Alexander CB Clemson
    Jayron Kearse SS Clemson

18. GB_Steel

Oct 20, 2011
    I've been impressed with Sanchez. Haven't watched much college ball this year, but I did see OU play and Sanchez really stood out to me, and I think he had an excellent bowl game. He's a player and will stick in the NFL.

• Like Like x 1
  19. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I'm going to agree on Fuller. He kind of dropped off the radar because his early season wasn't up to snuff because of a sprained mcl, then he went out for the remainder of the year with a torn meniscus. Some boards rate him above Ramsey as a corner, and he's supposed to be better than his brother, who has done well with the Bears. I like him, and then a strong safety in the second. Third could go a number of ways, from NT to RB to TE or O-Line. If Tuerk falls because of his injuries, that would be a great 3rd round pick. Starting guard/back up center.

20. GB_Steel

Oct 20, 2011
    Yeah, he's one of my early favorites and should present good value considering his injury. We could stand to upgrade our backup interior OL. I think he could even play tackle if necessary.