1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

2015 NFL Draft Discussion Thread [No Steelers Spoilers]

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Apr 30, 2015.

1. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Remember Darrell Green? I'm like you, I've got some concerns about his size but I'm happy to have a guy at CB who has legitimate ball skills and the hands of a wide receiver.

2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i like sammie. don't forget we have a good wr coach here. i like gohlson too, but i thought he was a round early but oh well, he's here and we will like him. there are still good corners left on the board in this draft. there are still good receivers and TE's left on the boards. we got 5 more picks to work with. one thing for sure this is a pretty deep draft and thats a plus. we will even get some quality after this one is over, it's that deep at certain positions.:cool:

3. steelerdavidismyname

steelerdavidismyname Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    Based on potential need, and Value, the players the steelers may target are CB Grant, maybe the Pitt OT Clemmings, or maybe if they feel he is worth it, the Michigan State RB Langford...although I feel that if the Steelers do take a RB today it is likely gonna be " Matt Jones " of Florida.

4. steelerdavidismyname

May 1, 2015

Ooops my bad, didn't realize Jones went to Washington yesterday...so forget him.

5. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I would be all for any of the guys you've mentioned. I actually thought all three would be long gone by now.

6. steelerdavidismyname

May 1, 2015

I was speaking with a Steeler writer a few days ago, and I just now tweeted him, and he told me the name to look out for today as it goes to another CB is Louisville CB, " Charles Gains " Apparently the Steeler coaches were very Impressed with him at Indy, and his Pro day workout. He said don't be surprised at all is Gains is the Steelers 4th rounder.

7. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I'm with you. I was very disappointed last night, but as usual, I'm coming around now. I hated Golson in the second but would have loved him in the third. So hopefully we can find a late round gem like Byron Maxwell or Richard Sherman today to play outside.

I hope Coates becomes a weapon because he's certainly a great kid with all the physical tools. I just didn't like taking a WR with so many other holes to fill.

Here we go, Steelers!

8. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Seems like a Golson clone with some ST ability (and hands like Ike). If we draft another nickel corner under 5'10" this board will explode! :smiley1:

9. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Browns are killing it

Danny Shelton
    Cam Erving
    Nate Orchard
    Duke Johnson
    Xavier Cooper

That is Scarlett Johansson in a white tee on a very rainy day.

10. steelerdavidismyname

May 1, 2015
    You guys thought yesterday was boring...wait til today when 4 to 5 picks go by...with nothing but having to see Fat A S S Chris Berman and Captain Big Hair ( Kiper )...go on and on about how GREAT they are on camera while the picks go by.

11. steelerdavidismyname

May 1, 2015
  12. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Have a feeling at least 3 cbs go before we pick again. Pats will take at least 1, maybe 2.

13. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Lol, great analogy and great mental image! Thanks for that and I agree the Browns have done well. That is such a foreign concept to me that I'm not sure how to react.

14. steelerdavidismyname

May 1, 2015

The first 5 teams in round 4, all need Secondary help...so I agree with you.

15. steelerdavidismyname

May 1, 2015
    I guess Beauty is in the eye of the beholder cause to me...Blackson from Auburn was nothing better then a 7th rounder at best.

16. steelerdavidismyname

May 1, 2015
    Pats take Trey Flowers second overall in the 4th....A nice player, but I had him as a 5th rounder, and he is not a good athlete on the field either. I wouldn't take him in the 4th round...sorry.

17. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I like Flowers. I felt the same way when the Steelers picked yesterday. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder for sure.

18. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Of the three lowest rated players drafted in the first three rounds (per nfl.com), cheatriots got two of them.

19. steelerdavidismyname

May 1, 2015

Yeah. Flowers is okay. He has some skills. But they always didn't transfer on the field to me. Better then Balckmon though.

20. steelerdavidismyname

May 1, 2015
    To me...Memphis has a player " Martin Ifedi " who I like better then Flowers. He struggled this past season with constant Double-teams and nagging Injuries. But in 2013...Ifedi had a great season. I see him as a kinda development guy like Keisel was for us when we drafted him.

21. steelerdavidismyname

May 1, 2015
    Jets traded up 1 slot...could get Grant here.

22. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    how much time does each team have to make a pick today?

23. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    geno smith is officially on notice

24. steelerdavidismyname

May 1, 2015

Nope. Jets take another QB who everyone loves in Petty...but who I thought was just a system QB in a fluke offense at Baylor. Hundley is way way way better then Petty will ever be.

25. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    to long