1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

2013 Steelers Draft Discussion Thread [No Spoilers]

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Apr 25, 2013.

1. domaug

domaug Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2011
    this has to be the longest 4th-7th round part of the draft i've ever sat through.

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Ok good, wouldn't want to lose a long standing board member :thumbs_up: Well, you know my feelings on drafting a QB and like it even less now because Simon was still on the board when we took Jones. We passed on a guy that would have led our defense for 12 years and given us so much more then a guy who will barely see the field. Bray at least had the potential to be more then a back up, I don't see Jones as a franchis player, just a back up QB. To make matters worse, Ravens got Simon, just got their replacement for Lewis.

3. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    I just watched some highlights for Landry Jones from youtube...dude had some dang good WRs that made him look good. I'm afraid they picked the wrong QB. I also looked up some stuff from Zac Dysert...looks like more of a Ben type QB to me. We should have waited for him or even Bray.

4. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    the 4rd round killed me , we trade up and betwen our two picks went 3 players we could have targeted before jones , (wilson qb , barret ol and webb cb ), and we took that qb that he scared about his shadow

5. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I HATE that the Ratturds picked Simon! Man, I really loathe those guys. I'm sure Hairball has that pompous smirk on his face as I type this and he's probably thinking about how much this pick of Simon really ticks us Steeler fans off. The big jerk!

6. Steelcop

Steelcop Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Well thats a start that two should see immediate results. If our defensive coaches can't get something out of the safety and DB then IMHO nobody can! We do have the greatest defensive coach of all time and a pretty good secondary coach

7. Cbus Steelers

Cbus Steelers Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I disagree on Jones not seeing the field next year. I think he can compete with Worilds. Worilds only has 1 year left so we are not invested in him at all. I wouldn't be shocked if Jarvis competes for the starting job.

As for Shamarko, he's gonna be a huge special teamer this year in my opinion.

8. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I agree completely

9. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Lol, looooooaaattthe them! Its the one blight on this draft for me. I also hate that Eifert went to the Bungles. Other then that, I think the Steelers are killing it this draft. :steelflag:

10. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    If Rambo is still there when our pick comes around they better grab him!

11. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Yep this guy seems to be an interception machine.

12. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

I didn't say he won't see the field. Jones is very good at rushing the QB there's no doubt about that. However, he's pretty average against the run/shedding blocks and he needs to add some bulk/strength. Barring injury Woodley and Worilds will be our starting OLBers.

13. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

I was just reading about his character issues. He was suspended for a game because a girl in his car had a joint in her purse(I know that one all to well). Then suspended 4 games for testing positive for weed. His story about the failed drug test is during spring break he woke up hungry went into the kitchen and found some brownies. Then proceeded to eat two of them which of course turned out to be pot brownies. It's such a stupid freaking story and absolutely no way to cover your ass that I tend to believe it. Even if I didn't believe the story I would bet more college kids have smoked than not smoked. Basically weed is such a non-issue to me that I couldn't possibly care less.

14. Greg the man Lloyd

Greg the man Lloyd Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I missed what traded in 4th. What was the trade?

15. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    We traded next years 3rd to Cleveland and drafted Shamarko Thomas(S).

16. Somathus

Somathus Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Our 3rd from next year. The thinking is we will get a 3rd (Wallace) and maybe a 4th (Lewis) in comp pics next year

17. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Browns trade the No. 111 pick to the Steelers for a 2014 third-round pick. The Steelers use the pick on Syracuse safety Shamarko Thomas.

18. Greg the man Lloyd

Greg the man Lloyd Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Thanks

19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I agree, I just think they will be too gun shy to pull the trigger. Plus didn't Santonio have trouble with pot while he was with us? Weed is no big deal when used sparingly, it's a problem when lighting up every day.

20. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    i think we traded with miami , that had the browns pick (for bess)

21. domaug

domaug Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2011
    yep. according to the nfl.com draft tracker, the Steelers got that pick from the Dolphins through the Browns

22. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
  23. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Who took him? On my phone...

24. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I hated Eifert to the Bungles too. I agree that we are having a strong draft, though.

25. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    This 4 are still on board:
    Jordan Poyer CB (not likely, after drafting Hawthorne)
    Da'Rick Rogers WR (we always seem to take good late-round WRs)
    Reid Fragel OT (backup need)
    Michael Mauti MLB (future Foote's replacement?)

My guess is Fragel or Mauti