1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

2013 Inside Linebackers?

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by HugeSnack, May 25, 2012.

1. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I don't usually become a draftnik until after the college and NFL seasons end, so I don't know much about prospects this early. If for whatever reason Sylvester/Spence turn out not to be the answer at ILB, which I think is quite possible, anyone have any early targets for early in the 2013 draft?

2. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Keep an eye on Notre Dame's Manti Te'o. 6'2 255 lbs. He will probably be a mid-late 1st round pick. He's extremely instinctive. The real question that will play out over the next year is how athletic is he.

3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    look for kevin reddick, NC. nico johnson, bama. don't rule out a couple of guys from LB U. penn st. they should have a talented bunch of LB'ers this year. as well as te'o. i also like zaviar gooden from mizzou. he's an OLB. said to be the strongest guy on the team. alot of speed to go with it. he may be able to move inside in the 3-4. :cool:

4. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Thanks guys. Can't wait to check this thread in 11 months.

5. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I live in NC and the ACC has had some good LBers hit the NFL.

I'll be watching the kid from UNC for sure, even though I'm not a tarheel fan.

My thing is safety, that should be on the radar for next year also.

Cajun-

6. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    shamarko thomas syracuse. SS/FS he's a freak. has run a 4.25 in front of pro scouts. 5-10 208. i saw a writeup on him from one of his coaches that took him to a combine and they had a medicine ball throw test set up and had marked off where they thought most would throw it. he threw it 10-15 feet outside their farthest mark. from a kneeling position. the biggest linemen were not close to it. he also sounds like he has a decent head on his shoulders too. i'll be watching for this kid for sure. :cool:

7. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    keep an eye on dan molls from toledo. 6-1 230 4.62. leads the nation in tackles. plays the pass well. acedemic-all american. he'll be moving up the boards before it's over. i would love to see he and zaviar gooden drafted. talk about speed at the position , with some pop and very good against the pass. nice looking prospect.:cool: