1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

2013 draft

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by mac daddyo, Jul 10, 2012.

1. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    OLB, SS, FS, ILB, CB, TE. This is the order I would draft. I don't know how many picks we have but if it's the standard 7 picks at least two needs to be OLB/ILB. Hopefully we will hit pay dirt like with Timmons and Woodley.

2. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    My daughter's boyfriend is a BIG Georgia fan so I had a lot of opportunities to watch Rambo play and I would LOVE to have him!

3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    he's always around the ball. maybe not the best guy or best at anything but just makes plays. ya gotta like that in a player.:cool:

4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    As I watch this team lumber along with a ultra-conservative defense that limits opponents opportunities, but also doesn't make big plays, my offseason priorities at this moment in time are:

1. Someone who can rush the passer
    2. Someone ELSE who can rush the passer
    3. Best DB available (CB or S)

I put a premium on rushing the passer because a pass rush immediately improves the secondary as well. Average DBs can look dominant when the QB doesn't have time to go through all of his progressions. By contrast, the best QBs can take apart even great secondarys if they have time to find the open guy. I love Harrison, but he has become a very inconsistent shadow of his former self - largely due to never-ending injuries, party due to getting older and less capable. Woodley can be very good, but not if he's the primary focus of the pass protection. He needs to be the sidekick who gets the benefit of coverages rolling away from his side. Worilds and Carter? Please....

5. Dwinsgames

Dwinsgames Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012

Worilds leads the team in sacks with less play time than Woodley or Harrison ( whom both have been injured not just Harrison ) but I am still not sold on Worilds either ... good backup but only luke warm at this point on him as a starter he doe play better in Woodley's spot than in Harrison's though

6. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i think there could be a much improved carter and robinson by camp next year. worilds has shown improvement and maybe another year will help.:cool:

7. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Looks like Steelers will be in the 15-17 range....right at the end of of the Te'o range.....There is a chance.

HACK

8. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    no way teo will drop that low but maybe we trade up to get him?

9. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011

Teo should go between 10-15 IMO...I felt that way all year...would have no problem dropping the 3rd to get Teo/Amerson 1/2

HACK

10. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    let's start to lose sunday and see where we end up

11. dbellohio

dbellohio Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2012
  12. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
  13. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I have 2 thoughts on Teo.

1. He could be an absolute steal as a #10-#12 pick.
    2. He could just be another Poz or Dan Connor.

I think he will be hard pressed to be a Top 10 pick. I just don't think the athleticism is there. This will scare off some teams. I am really leaning on hoping we go back to the 4-3 Tampa-2 style defense, so I am personally shying away from Teo.

14. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Not interested in those players from Georgia after Alabama ran for over 300 yds on them in the SEC championship some of those players acted like they didn't want to tackle.

15. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I think that would be a big mistake. Jarvis Jones will be a stud if he medically stands up. Ogletree is a playmaker. Both Rambo and Williams will be solid on the back end. The big nose tackle Jenkins I am a little less optimistic about.

Let's not forget that Alabama has 4 guys on their O-line who will play football on Sundays. All 4 will go in the first 2 rounds. Running the football is what they do.

16. dbellohio

dbellohio Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2012
    I am guessing you are refering to

Leon Searcy :smiley1:

or maybe

Ben Roethlisberger

17. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i would be smiling too if we got another leon searcy. all this talk of max would stop.:cool:

18. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    when people start talking about drafting a safety to replace Troy are they thinking of finding another player of Troy's skill set or just drafting a more proton-typical safety?

19. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    with elam you get a little of both. he's great against the pass and very capable of coming up around the line and making things happen agaist the run. another troy is just not out there at this point and will be hard pressed to ever find again. elam though is a very high quality guy that makes everyone around him better. i think we need that here and we could end up with a very good secondary. he is a playmaker.:cool:

20. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    we need to find a pass rusher that can get to the qb

that mingo started strong vs clemons ..too bad at 17 is gone

21. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I'm a beleiver in Mingo after the Clemson game. And Minter. And Reid. And Montgomery. Really, if we take a LSU defender in the first it would be a solid pick, maybe not the best value, but solid nonetheless. Minter would be a good pairing with Timmons, and Reid would supplant Clark quite nicely, or Troy, whoever leaves first.

22. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i have a feeling if they go OLB first, it may be okafor. i think he'd have a great chance at being a stand up OLB in the 3-4. this is speculation of what the steelers may be looking for, not what i would like them to do nescessarily, but it wouldn't be a bad way to go.:cool: