1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

2013 draft

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by mac daddyo, Jul 10, 2012.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    it's never to early to be looking towards our future stars. here are a few i hope we will consider next year.

bacarri rambo georgia FS 6-0 218 4.52
    shawn williams georgia SS 6-1 220 4.54
    shamarko thomas syracuse SS 5-10 208 4.38
    nico johnson alabama ILB 6-2 245 4.63
    kevin reddick NC ILB 6-2 240 4.67
    zaviar gooden missouri OLB 6-2 230 4.57
    dion jordan oregon OLB 6-6 243 4.68

keep an eye on them this year. there are some others as well. penn state has a couple of LB'ers that will make some noise and bama has a safety that should have another really good year. :cool:

2. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    you never know how the draft is going to fall (take DeCastro, for example), but I see next year as one where we take two safeties in the first three rounds. It looks like a great year for safeties, and after watching safeties get massively overdrafted this year, next year should see someone with skills falling to us at the 32nd pick.
    If Worllds or Carter don't show something special this year, I could see outside/rush linebacker being a priority. Deebo is awesome, but he's getting up there in years, and if he doesn't have a good year I could see him being a salary cap casualty.

3. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Looking ahead, I will be looking at CB, FS, SS & OLB. ILB will be high in the mix if Sylvester is not the guy that I think he is.

4. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Sign me up for Rambo..

5. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    heck i'd like to double him up with williams the SS. this duo can play together. they should have a good season. they know each other and we could use both positions. :cool:

6. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I asked in a different thread about OLBers next year.
    With James once again not 100% and worilds not practicing... at all... and Timmons not able to play outside I'd say a serious focus should be on DE/OLBer type of guys in college.

Cajun-

7. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    we have a couple here making some noise in carter,johnson and robinson. the kid from pitt, could also be back next year from injury. i don't think the cupboard will be that bare. johnson is a vet. i think he was a nice pickup. i do however like the 3 i posted above though next year. gooden should get some more exposure this year and could be the sleeper of those 3. :cool:

8. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    gooden from mizzou now has 3 interceptions in his last 3 games. he'll come to the top of the list before it's over. good looking LB. missouri will start it's SEC play today. he's worth watching and i hope he's on our radar as a draft pick next year. :cool:

9. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm not sure where they grade out in the end, but yeah I would like one of the following guys:

Eric Reid, LSU
    Robert Lester, Alabama
    Bacarri Rambo, Georgia
    Shawn Williams, Georgia

10. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i'm with ya. i still like shamarko thomas. elam from fla. if he goes pro would be a very good pick. we could use 2. georgia is loaded with good defensive players. florida and alabama are too.:cool:

11. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah, Elam looks real good. I would anticipate him coming out, although this does look like a STRONG Safety class. We have to atleast take ONE guy in the first 2 rounds, and possibly another later in the draft.

Although undersized, 1 guy that showed me a TONNE of technique yesterday was DT Jordan Hill of Penn St. Incredibly tremendous performance.

12. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    yea, i agree. PSU has some good D players as well. it's ashame their inside backer got hurt.

how about skov from stanford? jones from A&M? moll from toledo? several good LB'ers coming to the top. this should be a great draft for defense and defensive depth.:cool:

13. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah, I do like Skov, but I really think he is one of those college LBs that get by on intangibles and could struggle transitioning to the NFL. As a mid round pick, I would give him a maybe. If you want a similar type guy who you could get in the mid rounds if not lower, look at converted FB turned ILB Zach Boren of Ohio State. He has looked really good this year.

Also, anyone who has watched the Buckeyes over the past month, know the name of Ryan Shazier. He is an undersized OLB at around 225 lbs or less. This guy is a PLAYMAKER. He may be available for the 2014 draft. Not sure if he will bulk up and stay as a OLB or if he will tone down and turn into a SS. Regardless, he looks like a keeper.

14. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i agree there are some buckeyes that could have some shots as role guys. i see them every week. shazier had a nice game against ( well you know) we're not allowed to say that word yet. Muck Fichigan. :cool:

15. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    LT,LG or C/G combo. ILB to play next to timmons along with spence if he can. safety or two. OLB/ILB combo guy. WR. RB with velcro hands. how many picks do we get again?:cool:

16. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I hope we get

C.J. Mosley, ILB, Alabama
    T.J. McDonald S, USC
    Brandon Jenkins, DE/OLB, Florida State

17. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011

I always seem to agree with you about these things. I'm thinking Mosley in the first (unless Te'o falls or if we absolutely crap out the rest of the season). Outside backer who's good in pass coverage but also at blitzing and stopping the run, move to inside.

The Safeties I'm thinking that there is going to be a run on them in the second (not a lot of first round talent, but a lot of second round talent). McDonald, Elam, Lester and Rambo should all be there in the bottom half of the second. Let the coaches decide the best fit.

Outside backer is going to depend a lot on if Worilds plays the rest of the year the way he played Sunday. He does, and I'm all for packaging this pick with our one if Te'o starts to slide. Otherwise, this is a good place for an outside linebacker/undersized d-end to move there. Jenkins is out for the year, and will probably fall past the third round. Quentarius Smith from Western Kentucky is big, strong, and ate up DJ Fluker week one for three sacks against Alabama. Definite Steelers' outside backer material.

After that maybe a back up QB in the 4th if someone falls, or a real project person to fill in for when Ben inevitably misses time in the coming years. One thing this year has shown is that the backups we have a qb aren't going to get the job done.

18. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    we need a: ilb - ss -fs -te - rb
    then if we trade or cut one between wodley harrison or taylor ...an olb and a cb

as ilb i like teo minter nico jhonson and matui
    s " vaccaro elam rambo mcdonald lester isaiajhonson
    as te " fauria lutzenkirchen michael williams
    as rb m.dyer cameron marshall

19. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I don't watch a lot of college football, I just follow Pennstate,

I watched a little Bama and Georgia though. I was impressed by some of the guys on the front 7 defense of Georgia.

Ogletree and Jones were very impressive at LB. I don't even know if they fit our 3-4 system. What do you guys think of them?

20. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i really like ogletree. i have been talking about him some all year. active guy. he could fit here. lots of D players in that game would fit. safeties, LB'ers, d-line. then theres the O-line. barrett jones i love. wormack the gurad is a top guy in the draft. but yea, ogletree could fit. there are going to be some good LB'ers this year to choose from and safeties. great year to need them.:cool:

21. Dwinsgames

Dwinsgames Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012
    based on team need and current state of the rosters age in some key spots I have my draft day wish list as to who I think will be available when we select ( considering we should be 25-32 in each round ) and for the first 5 rounds this is what I have for us ( well who I would like to take calculated risks on that does not mean Colbert thinks the same and he usually does not )

1. Manti Te’o ILB Notre Dame probably gone if not he is the pick , otherwise the big NT prospect Jonathan Jenkins out of Georgia

2.Tony Jefferson S Oklahoma / Bacarri Rambo S Georgia

3. Tim Lester S Alabama

4. Bruce Taylor, ILB Virginia Tech

5. Brad Sorensen QB Southern Utah

22. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    hack, i saw amerson declared for the draft. with several others.:cool:

23. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    according to his twitter...as of Dec 3rd he has not made up his mind yet.

HACK

24. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    cbs sports had it.:cool:

25. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011