1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

2012 Supplemental Draft

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by deljzc, Jul 9, 2012.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

mike vrabel. 10 TD's in his career. longest 2 yds. not bad for a DE/LB. i'm thinkin keisel could do this for us. lets get da beard some TD catches. :hmmm: :cool:

2. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011

mike vrabel. 10 TD's in his career. longest 2 yds. not bad for a DE/LB. i'm thinkin keisel could do this for us. lets get da beard some TD catches. :hmmm: :cool:[/quote:16t6ptiu]
    Yeah, but none of them fades, and I think only one of them was even a remotely difficult/challenged catch. He would just fake a block, wander into the end zone, and catch it wide open. Keisel could do that, as could a lot of guys. Nothing against Vrabel because it's not like he was doing anything wrong, but I always thought the credit he got for his offensive "versatility" was overblown. Same with Warren Sapp. You caught a ball that was thrown 4 yards in the air and there were no defenders around? Congrats, you're as good as a 9 year old. But people still look at it and go "Wow, he can do it all!" ...But I was talking about making a real play, either a jump ball on a fade or out-bodying a CB on a slant. We have a lot of guys with great hands and ball skills, but not many with those and height together. Miller and Saunders are all I can think of out of players I've seen, but I'd like to see them given a shot.

3. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

mike vrabel. 10 TD's in his career. longest 2 yds. not bad for a DE/LB. i'm thinkin keisel could do this for us. lets get da beard some TD catches. :hmmm: :cool:[/quote:3feqs2hy]
    Yeah, but none of them fades, and I think only one of them was even a remotely difficult/challenged catch. He would just fake a block, wander into the end zone, and catch it wide open. Keisel could do that, as could a lot of guys. Nothing against Vrabel because it's not like he was doing anything wrong, but I always thought the credit he got for his offensive "versatility" was overblown. Same with Warren Sapp. You caught a ball that was thrown 4 yards in the air and there were no defenders around? Congrats, you're as good as a 9 year old. But people still look at it and go "Wow, he can do it all!" ...But I was talking about making a real play, either a jump ball on a fade or out-bodying a CB on a slant. We have a lot of guys with great hands and ball skills, but not many with those and height together. Miller and Saunders are all I can think of out of players I've seen, but I'd like to see them given a shot.[/quote:3feqs2hy]

it's still 10 TD's in the NFL. guys go their whole career and never get 1. still pretty impressive. ya know the old adage fool me once.....

shame on DC's allowing him 10.

we have to throw pope in the mix of tall guys at 6-8. still a huge target that most teams won't look for as much considering how much he's been used in the past by teams. that may be good for us if used. :cool:

4. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I agree, shame on the DCs and defensive players. They seemed as surprised on the 10th as they did on the 1st. Doesn't make the player any better, though. It's not like he was torching guys or reaching over them for TDs. I remember one good grab on a tipped ball, but the rest were very much handed to him, I recall.

5. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    handed to him? not sure about that but being the longest was two yards, it made it much easier on him and the offense with the threat of a run out of the tight formations from the one or two. he was either an extra blocker in the formation or he chipped and it was a quick dump to him which is hard to defend no matter what, but after the first few it became habit for them. they seemed to use him more then the run in those situations. after a couple you have to put a guy on him. trai essex was used by us as the extra blocker from the TE spot and it was never tried , ever. at least once to make teams think about it. it just adds to the things teams have to defend down there, which could take the heat off of another player in coverage and one less defender in position in case they did run it. when your in that close there are options and we chose not to use those options which i think was a big mistake. (cleveland) we shouldn't have to worry near as much about that nowdays. i hope anyway. :cool: