1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

2012 Steelers Salary Cap

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mort159, Jan 9, 2012.

1. mort159

mort159 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Can someone post any information they have on the 2012 Steelers salary cap situation?

Time to start looking at what moves we need to make to get back to where we belong. This may be one of the most active offseasons in a long time. This may be on of those years where we sign a couple free agents, maybe make a trade.

Tough loss today! I actually just got home from the game, but it is time to start looking at the future.

2. mort159

mort159 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I heard a report that we will be 23 mill over the cap to start the offseason. I'm not sure if that is wil the projected RFA tender's or not.

3. TheWanderer

TheWanderer Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
  4. TheWanderer

Oct 20, 2011
    can you believe suisham is a $1.6mill cap hit?!

i would think any free agent rookie kicker would be happy to join our team and do as good a job for the league minimum.

5. TheWanderer

Oct 20, 2011
    it'll be nice to have hampton and ward's big contracts to spread out in the near future.

ryan clark and larry foote are grossly overpaid too. i think we can find guys equally as good for 1/3 of the price.

time to make some moves . . .

6. Badboy212

Badboy212 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    we will cut Hampton, Ward and retender contracts of Woodley, Ben , Timmons, TP. I personally see us cutting several older guys and signing rookies and FA as i see us in a rebuild mode for two years

7. Steeldefense08

Steeldefense08 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I wonder if Tomlin has the "if its not broken, then dont mess with it" mentality when it comes to everything about this team. I can see him saying and thinking well i made it to 2 SBs and X times in the playoffs so we are gonna stay status quo.

8. TheWanderer

Oct 20, 2011
    well, had we won, none of these conversations would even be taking place.

hell, some on here just yesterday were pimping our #1 defense. what a joke!! obviously, people who don't have a finger on the pulse of this team.

yes, we are only a year removed from the super bowl and we went 12-4 this year, but we are in a steep decline. it's a clear rebuilding mode. timmons and woodley are our ONLY full-time studs moving forward. ike, i think, is still playing great football (in spite of yesterday). i fear harrison kicked the hornet's nest and goodell has ordered no favorable calls be thrown his way making him useless. our d-line will be unproven in '12, farrior is done, our second corner is still a weak spot, troy is starting to show signs of age, and we need to improve our free safety. seems like worilds might have been a wasted pick. sylvester seems average at best. maybe, with more playing time, they will prove me wrong. we'll see.

9. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    We don't rebuild we RELOAD! And it can be done quickly but we will have to get creative
    and our scouting department will have to beat the bushes to find a Donnie Shell
    an Antonio Brown. These are the types of players that need to be FOUND.