1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

2012 Steelers Pre Draft Prospect Visits

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by mac daddyo, Mar 26, 2012.

1. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Hightower is an in-the-box thumper who will be bringing heat if he's on the field on 3rd down. I for one could care less about his man to man coverage skills. If he happens to be in coverage it'll be zone anyway. All of this talk is irrelevant for what he brings to the table.

2. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    How is him being to slow irrelevant? If he is blitzing it will more than likely be the fire x blitz ,he lacks the speed to close the distance before the QB throws the ball....How is that not relevant?

Also in the zone blitz scheme the player who tends to get man coverage more often than not is the LB on a RB or a TE.....If he can't cover them then do we change the whole scheme?How is that not relevant?

If you think drafting a LB who can stuff the inside run only is worth the pick then he is your guy,,,,other than that he will have serious problems on the NFL level....There is a reason that Alabama LB'S don't have great NFL careers....The system they run can't be ran in the NFL edit well it could if you have 4 Reavis type CB'S,,, they protect there LB'S with the DL and the DB'S .....

Hightower will be average at best I would wager there will be many ILB'S who go past round #3 with better careers than him...

3. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He's not too slow. That's just your opinion. I said his man to man coverage skills are irrelevant to me. Look I like the player. The tape I see shows a guy that closes fast with a bad attitude. He's physical, instinctual, has a high football IQ and is a natural leader. I'll take him at #24.

4. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Is this accurate? How in God's name did Timmons and Woodley run the same time? That should indicate the level of importance for 40 times right there.

5. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Does anybody know where there is a complete list of visits at...I'm curious about who all came in (esp out of the ones drafted)...theres only a handful of visits listed in here so i was hoping someone knew where a whole list was at.

6. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I liked Wolfe too...I wish they could have gotten him. Also and I just found this out on Monday...is the guy went to HS like here in town (well 10 minutes from my house)...I never new that...amazing.