1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

2012 Steelers Pre Draft Prospect Visits

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by mac daddyo, Mar 26, 2012.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    akeim hicks is scheduled for a visit i read on steelers depot. he played in canada. he's big and fast. possible NT/DE. 6-5 though. raw. we might as well use this thread for the visit thread if thats ok with TTF. :cool:

2. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Re: hicks visit scheduled and.......

I like the visit.

3. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Re: hicks visit scheduled and.......

I don't know a whole lot about him, but from what I've read, he's definitely got potential.

Good idea. :thumbs_up:

4. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    According to Tomlin this morning the following have already visited...

Mike Adams, OT, Ohio State
    T.Y. Hilton, WR/KR, Florida International
    Derek Wolfe, DE, Cincinnati

Also said the "Pitt guys"

5. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    According to Steelersdepot, the Pitt Panthers scheduled to visit are:
    Lucas Nix, G
    Brandon Lindsey, OLB
    Max Gruder, ILB
    Chas Alecxih, DT
    Greg Williams, OLB
    Antwuan Reed, CB
    Guess these don't count against the number of pre-draft visits they're allowed

6. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
    And just as an FYI, I went through the list that they had about visits from last year, and only 3 of the 37 people they had on visits were drafted. Two were picked up as UDFA.

7. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Mike Adams currently represents my most hated potential prospect at #24. I know we like OSU guys, but I am definitely hoping we pass on Adams.

8. SteelByDesign

Oct 20, 2011
    I'm with you NB.

Adams is a bit of an enigma because he looked so mediocre the whole time he was at school and then dominated the senior bowl. I think there's a much better chance he's a huge bust... and his ceiling is Max Starks-esque to me... Don't see him ever being able to hand speed rushes.

9. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm with you NB. Lazy and weak are a poor combo for the AFC North.

10. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
    There are certain people that I just hope get drafted before we get to pick, just so that some people cant complain when we pass on them. Adams is one of them. Depending on the day, so is Poe.

11. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    this has to be one of the weakest classes of offensive tackle i can remember. seems like alot of RT's. :cool:

12. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    IMO, its Matt Kalil and everyone else... I wouldn't rate any of the other guys (Martin, Reiff, Adams) as Top 20 guys.

13. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    IMO, its Matt Kalil and everyone else... I wouldn't rate any of the other guys (Martin, Reiff, Adams) as Top 20 guys.[/quote:3llxty5w]
    i agree and no true franchise LT's. even kalil could use some work and stregnth. very weak bunch as far as i'm concerned. hopefully that means tons of them next year. :praying: :cool:

14. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    And lots and lots of tackle to guard conversion players. Get the right one, and you're golden... but you never know for sure how the guy will do when he kicks inside unless he also played some guard in college.

15. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Love Wolfe as a long-term rotational 3-4 DE, the guy was VERY productive in college and just gets it done. Hilton is supposed to be a Devin Hester/Josh Cribbs caliber returner prospect, and a top notch slot receiver to boot. I can't really judge because the only tape that I have seen on him is a highlight reel, and you never see the negative plays on a player's highlight reel. But.... WOW to what's on the highlight reel. The guy is clearly a talent and a half.

Which brings me to Adams - I'd be really worried if we grab him at #24. The boom potential is clearly there when you watch certain games, and the bust potential is also clearly there when you watch others. I don't know... I think his ceiling is way higher that Starks (more like pre-injury Marvel Smith for a local comparison), but his floor is probably J. Scott. I'd pass.

16. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

i too love wolfe or worthy from msu. they would put ziggy in perspective. i see alot of aaron smith in wolfe's game. that's not a bad thing. cam,chapman and wolfe as our d-line in a couple of years???? oh yea. :good: :cool:

17. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  18. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i like tandy alot. harris is another decent lb. who said this is a weak lb classs? there are alot of good ones. :cool:

19. SteelByDesign

Oct 20, 2011

i too love wolfe or worthy from msu. they would put ziggy in perspective. i see alot of aaron smith in wolfe's game. that's not a bad thing. cam,chapman and wolfe as our d-line in a couple of years???? oh yea. :good: :cool:[/quote:26u7aprd]

I agree, I love Wolfe and think he might be there for our 2nd rounder, but I can't see us picking him. Obivously hindsight is 20-20 but man I really wish we'd have grabbed Derrick Sherrod or Aaron Williams in the first last year... Because this draft is stacked with 3-4 DE's. At our pick we're pretty sure to have either Still, Brockers, or Worthy... All of whom would be a great pick... Or like you said Wolfe.

Oh well.

20. SteelByDesign

Oct 20, 2011
    According to Ed Bouchette on twitter...

Cincinnati, RB, Isiah Pead visiting today.

21. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Every mock draft site that I see shows Wolfe being taken much later than our 2nd... more like our 4th or 5th. However, I think he will go in the top 100.

22. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i'm thinking 3rd if we are going to get him. alot of different guys are going to start weeding themselves out in different rounds now then first thought. silatolu has moved to the bottom of rd.1 in some and brooks has moved to the top of 2 and could reach rd.1 before it's over. :cool:

23. SteelByDesign

Oct 20, 2011
    FYI...

Attached Files:

24. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    lots of speed. :cool:

25. SteelByDesign

Oct 20, 2011
    I'd prefer in in the box thumper next to Timmons, rather than another "speedy" LB