1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

2012 season re-visited

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_upper_lip, May 17, 2018.

1. steel_upper_lip

steel_upper_lip Well-Known Member

May 16, 2018
    As I missed out on NFL between the late 80s and 2015, I have started revisiting missing seasons on NFL gamepass.

I am currently watching the 2012 season. My lord…if you think our defence was poor against the run last year, I urge you to re-watch this season. Our DL has all the resistance of a slightly apprehensive string quartet. Our only defence is to hope the QB chucks it.

More observations: after a good start to the season, Wallace is now dropping everything coming his way and special teams incur penalties every time they take the field... or a breath.

Batch is now at QB and the season is looking doomed.

2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Hello Steel Upper Lip

Yes, you are very correct.

Just out of curiosity, why did you miss about 20 years? Personally, I have a pretty good idea why I can’t remember the 70’s.

3. Fe3CCity

Fe3CCity Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Clink

The patch of 11 to 13 was rough for steelers fandom; captains of the steel curtain.

Every good run will have a rebuild within it. Problem is that back end is still building.
    Cheers to 2018

4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They were in the process of rebuilding the defense, many of those guys got old and weren't good anymore.

5. steel_upper_lip

May 16, 2018

6. steel_upper_lip

May 16, 2018
    I wish i could say i missed the intervening years through drug fuelled escapades but the answer is a little more prosaic. I’m a Brit and started watching NFL when it first came to the UK in the 80s and then it disappeared off terrestrial tv. I finally invested in SKY sports a few years back and got heavily into nfl.

It has taken off here again but is still a guilty pleasure...it is a bit like a meeting of Alcoholics Anonymous when you admit to yr mates in the pub that you love American Football

PS We have just beaten the Ravens in Baltimore - Batch is a football genius!

7. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Ha, when I saw the gap and jeh's question I thought: that's similar to the gap I had when NFL went off Channel 4 in the 90s here in the UK.

Gamepass, for all it's teething issues, has been an absolute godsend.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Welcome to 2012 steel_upper_lip. And to the board :drinks:

9. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Mikey Wallace. :lolol:

I predicted when he left the Steelers for the warm environs of South Beach that he'd already had his best seasons and that prediction has held true. Glad he spurned the Steelers and opened the door for AB.

*Spoiler alert* You may want to stop at 2012. If not, you're in for some super frustrating seasons ahead!

10. steel_upper_lip

May 16, 2018
    thanks for the heads up! here’s hoping bryant leaving does likewise for washington

• Agree Agree x 2