1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

2010 playoff game vs Ravens

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Rambro, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Watching this game on YouTube, one of my all time favorites. They dominated us in the first half, Ben took a beating, no Holmes. We get the ball to start the third quarter down 21-7 and go 3 and out, things were looking grim. Then Ryan Clark forces a fumble on Ray Rice and it was down hill from there. Crowd transformed, Harrison was unstoppable, Reed and Ward going at each other, AB a rookie put everyone on notice. Such a shame we played soo awful in the SB and still only lost by 6 points.

2. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    All I remember about that SB is we struggled to stay alive until the very end, then we had one last possession that offered a chance to steal the game, but we did nothing with the opportunity. That plus we got outplayed and GB earned their win.

It was easy to deal with that SB loss IMO. The polar opposite of that game would be this last debacle of a SB fans of the NFL were forced to witness. I shiver with disgust at the thought of what it would be like if I were a Falcon fan.

3. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Yeah it's sad that NE basically had their last two Super Bowls served up on a silver platter. I've never seen a pro sports team that was as lucky as the pats.

4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I have. The 2000 Baltimore Ravens.

Great defense no doubt but played almost zero all pro quarterbacks.

5. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Confucius says: Luck is simply preparation meeting opportunity.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011

I remember the offense being just as good as Green Bay's until Sanders when down and even then Ben had them driving for a dagger and the lead when someone decided not to block anyone and Mendy got tagged and fumbled.

Also, Tomlin's obsession with trying greater than 50 yard kicks with kickers that don't really have that kind of leg.....

7. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Dont forget Ben threw 2 picks in that SB, and one was a 37 yard pick 6 in the first quarter that had them playing from behind the whole game and mendenhall fumbling the ball away didnt help, the storyline of this game was the steelers 3 turnovers to the packers none........

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    There is two kinds of "luck." One is what you do only. Similar to what Mojavi said "Luck is the residue of design." A player tips a pass and ball deflects right to a teammate, etc.

Then there is the kind out of your control, unearned opportunity is handed to you, like when you are lucky the coach on the other team makes a stupid decision before you make a play.

9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Sure, luck means a lot in football. Not having a good quarterback is bad luck.

- Don Shula

10. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    YUP...Not slowing the game down and milking the clock after your star receiver just made an unbelievable catch to put you in FG range to make it 3 scores late in a game is a stupid decision....