1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

2 players that the Steelers could use

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by steelersrule6, Dec 26, 2012.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Now that the season is over time to think about 2013 and the draft Margus Hunt of SMU is a beast 6'8 280lbs DE also good at blocking kicks on special teams. I expect him to be one of the most talked about players at the combine he could be a JJ Watt type player. I also like Kyle Van Noy of BYU OLB 6'3 235 lbs good instincts makes plays all over the field. Put another 15 lbs on him and he could be James Harrison's replacement.

2. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Hunt is a guy I have kept an eye on all year after he flashed in last year's bowl game.

He is that JPP type of athletic freak. 6'8 280lbs, wingspan of 82" and reportedly runs 4.6

He also has a very good motor. He can get to the QB but he can also blowup the RB in the backfield. Anyone who watched the Hawaii Bowl the other night saw a dominant force. On one play they committed a RG, RT & RB to block Hunt all on the same play.

He certainly elevated himself into 1st round talk after performance. He was being mentioned as a 3rd round type of player previously.

3. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    That hunt guy is certainly intriguing, but Colbert/Tomlin seem to value early round picks from sec/big 10 schools. At least that seems to be the pattern.

4. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Yep the SMU guy hasnt played anyone id go with

Damontre Moore, DE/OLB, Texas A&M

hes a stud and he has played the best that college has to offer

5. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Few would have said that JPP had played against elite talent in the Big East. It will be interesting to see how Hunt performs at the Combine.

6. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
  7. Tdot Steeler Fan

Tdot Steeler Fan Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I heard some people saying Moore can go 5-10 possibly to the Browns.

8. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Wait is this SMU DE a 1st round guy? I know our DE picks have been disappointments so far but a 3rd 1st round pick on a d-linemen? Really?