1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

2 guys that could make alot of sense

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by mac daddyo, Apr 16, 2014.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    c.j. fiedorowicz and moncrief. hear me out before you write them off.

1. I don't think there is any question that bell will be a big part of the offense this year.
    2. we are going to be running an inside zone blocking scheme and an outside zone blocking scheme under munch. as he says in an interview on the steelers main site, the outside zone is predicated on the tackles and TE's.
    3. our tackles are somewhat iffy. beachum does a nice job on the left but there is a slight concern about his run blocking. he's just not huge. / gilbert struggles at times in staying on blocks and pass protection ( double moves and quickness mostly).

I know we have heath. I know we have spaeth for one more year. it's time for fiedorowicz. he is a very seasoned blocker, almost extra tackle like. we saw the offense with subpar TE's last year. we saw how it improved as heath healed and spaeth got back on the field. bell ran well then. he has good hands as well. heath like hands. I think he's a great fit to what we are doing with the line and also a crutch for our weaknesses with our tackles. two good blocking TE's will allow bell and heath to make plays and ben trusts them. bell in running and out of the backfield catching passes. it helps keep ben upright and gives him a big seasoned target to throw to.

let's get to mondrief. the best, and I mean the best blocking wr in the draft. good size, which ben wants. nice speed that the coaches like. could eventually be capable of being a #2 receiver in our offense. his blocking skills in every bit of tape I watch nets the runners extra yardage or springs them for good gains. hines made a difference in our run game doing this. this would be such a help to bell. he also could fill our #2 wr role we need.

both these guys could help in several different ways. bell would benefit from them and so would the o-line and offense as a whole. maybe not the sexy picks but would fit the bill here. these two seem like how we quietly fill these kind of spots that help us more in total. only known as studs to the fans of Pittsburgh type of guys. like heath and aaron smith and farrior and hines and clark. :cool:

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Been a fan of CJ's for a while now, would be happy if we land him. Mondreif I'm just becoming familiar with but seems like he would be a solid pick.

I'm pretty comfortable going into this draft, there are a lot of players I like, going to be hard for me to be disappointed.

3. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I really don't think anyone would complain if we got Moncrief/CJ in rounds 3 and 4. In fact, most of us would be jumping for joy. If it meant we got CB and DE in rounds one and two, then there wouldn't be any wailing and gnashing of teeth in Steeler nation. My take is that the only way we're getting the two of them is if we trade back in round 1 and pick up another third rounder. Don't see it happening otherwise. I believe if Dennard or Gilbert are there at 15, they'll still be there at 20, so it could be a good deal. Miami moving up for a tackle, perhaps.

4. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I have no problem with either of these guys. Honestly, the thing I think I want the most is more 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round picks this year than really having a #1. I don't know what kind of value there is for that, but if Houston would give us their 2nd, 3rd and 4th for our first so they could get Clowney and a QB, I would do that deal in a heartbeat. I just don't think there is elite enough talent there at 15 to make the drop and extra picks a bad trade off.

5. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Yeah, no way we can get both of them if we stand pat where we are, unless we use our first on Moncrief.

6. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    heck I was thinking 2-3 for these two, but there is that chance they are gone by then. (dennard/ fuller/ roby/ gilbert/ verrett), moncrief, fiedorowicz would be a nice top 3. then we get 5 picks in the next 3 rounds.

heck, I may even think about moncrief, cj, p.gaines, ej gaines/Watkins , 1-4. :cool:

7. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I like Fiedorowicz, but I see him as a luxury pick anywhere before the 4th round. Moncrief is definitely on my short list of R2 receivers. I think I like Landry better as a 2014 contributor, but Moncrief may have the better pro career in the long run. I would take Mathews over either of them.

8. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I like both of these players.

9. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    heck I wouldn't rule out Bryant yet either. tall with deep speed. CB, moncrief/Bryant, CJ. we have met with moncrief at the combine and had him in for a visit.:cool: