1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

1st trip to Heinz, need advice (please)!! :)

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by StefanieAzz, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Heinz field 7.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    It is a bit of a risk but you have to measure that risk against what you are willing to spend. I don't know your budget, but I think that is the way to get the best deal. If you want guaranteed seats and don't mind paying $400/seat for Club Seats, then you can buy them sooner rather than later. But my thoughts are that WORST case scenario you don't get seats, you can still have a getaway weekend in Pittsburgh, tailgate before the game, and watch from a local bar like Bettis right next door to Heinz. IMO still not a bad deal but you may feel otherwise. Its personal preference. But you will be able to get tickets the week before and even on game day if you can tough it out.

Ironically I may be in the same boat. We've preliminarily been kicking around a neighborhood guys trip to Miami in October. We're going to have to make the same decision. Personally if it were me going myself, I'd wait until the last minute, but I don't know how the other 4 or 5 guys are going to feel....if they can break away from the ball and chain that weekend. :roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
  3. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Second question....
    They do have single game tickets available on sale at some point during the summer. But 95% of tickets go to season ticket holders. More than likely you will be buying from them and not the Steelers.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Single game tickets usually on sale through Ticketmaster mid July. Sometimes even more than singles. Generally few tickets and hard to get. Season ticket holders usually receive their tickets right around the same time. Then a bunch go up for sale.

5. EddieBurro

EddieBurro Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2016
    The only challenge with the electronic download tickets on Stubhub is, if it's a once in a lifetime trip, your souvenir will be a printed out ticket. One may or may not care about that. Stubhub also offers the opportunity to pick up your 'hard tickets' at the Stubhub pickup location (which is generally the Carnegie Science Center next to the stadium). I've done that several times. The closer you get to game day, they'll make you pick em up which is ideal since Stubhub guarantees the transaction and you won't have to worry about it getting lost in the mail.

I agree you should definitely take care of your accommodations now. That only becomes more difficult (and more expensive) the closer you get to game day.

You're gonna be paying top dollar if you plan on staying near downtown. My suggestions for hotels: 1) Sheraton Station Square (area across the river from downtown that has restaurants, bars, and the best Steelers store in town - Hometown Sports; also, it's steps from The Clipper and you can ride the boat to the game, and back) 2) Wyndham (teams from the glory years used to stay here the night before the game back when it was a Hilton; great location, view of the stadium, easy walk across a pedestrian bridge to Heinz on game day; opposing teams often stay here -- I stayed here when the Redskins were in town a few years ago and Chris Cooley was hanging out down in the lobby) 3) The Renaissance (My favorite hotel in town; more of a modern hotel, nice rooms, right across the river from the baseball stadium and an easy walk across the Clemente Bridge and through the tailgating to Heinz on game day 4) Omni William Penn (Classic Pittsburgh hotel; beautiful lobby but small rooms and a slightly longer walk to the stadium) 5) Fairmont (somebody else mentioned this hotel but I've never stayed at this location-- I would guess it would be the nicest hotel in town as I've stayed in other Fairmonts in North America and don't think I've ever paid less than $400 a night)

If you're on a budget, just grab a room out by the airport. You can get four-star hotels like the Sheraton out there for under $100. All of the hotels mentioned above will easily be over $200 the weekend of a home game.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chris Pye

Chris Pye Active Member

Jan 8, 2016
    Hey man, thanks for that, we've already got an apartment booked for the 5 nights we'll be in town. Got it through a company called Airbnb. It's right on Penn ave around 40th street so right on the top of the strip as best as I can tell and it only cost about £600 for all 5 nights.

I think I may be derailing this girls post so I just want to ask one more question and I'll stop changing the subject :)

Does anyone know what the face value of the tickets actually are for the 3 main tiers (Lower, Club and Upper)? It's so I have an idea of whether I'm getting a good deal or not. I don't mind going a bit above face value but I don't want to over pay for the seats either.

7. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    If you're boyfriend is a real Steelers fan then it won't be a surprise at all because he will see this post already on the best message board for Steelers fans. He may act surprised but he's probably already planning the trip ahead of time and not going to let you in on the little secret.

Have fun and make sure you take in the sights on the way up and down the inclines.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. Bilpitt**

Bilpitt** Member

Apr 23, 2016
    Hi Chris,

I can offer some insight on what Club Seats cost last season. Basically, Heinz Field offers 5 types of Club Level tickets. The North Club is situated in the closed end of the stadium between the 100 level and Upper Level North (i.e. The north end zone). I've never sat here and have no clue as to the ticket cost BUT these are end zone seats and, personally, I'd never shell out big bucks for them. They installed some new seats and a Club Level in the opposite (south) end zone last year. They call this the Champions Club and there are 2 tiers of tickets here, Champions Club Field and Champions Club Upper. I've never sat here either but the CC Field tix are the most expensive single game ticket at Heinz Field @ $290/game. The seats are the closest to the field but they are in the lower end zone and unless the play is in that end zone-you really can't see anything and are forced to watch most of the game on the north end zone scoreboard. Unless you want to get extremely close to the field, I wouldn't sit here. For top dollar, The vantage point just sucks. CC Uppers are more elevated and sit between the south end zone goal posts. No idea of the cost but shouldn't be as pricey as field level. Again, these all are expensive end zone seats, I'd expect face value is at least $200/game.

The best Club Level tickets (and the ones that I am most familiar with) are Club Level One. These are sections 208-213 on the east side of the stadium and sections 232-237 on the west (home team side). Last year CL1's were (face value) $195/preseason, $273/black-level game, $315/gold level game. Gold level games are more expensive and are generally for marquee opponents (last year it was SF/BALT/CLE) and I don't know what those will be this year but I assume NE will be one of those games. Generally CL1 sections are between the 20's and row's M-Q are under cover. Finally there is Club Level Two which are 12 sections on either side of the field (east & west) that stretch from the 20's beyond the edge of either end zone-never sat in them but they are a little cheaper than the CL1's (sorry, I can't give an exact amount).

All Club Sections offer an indoor lounge area with cleaner restrooms, full bar, different concessions, quicker access and lines that aren't nearly as long. Both the CL1's and CL2's utilize the same club lounges while the north and south sections have their own lounges and you can't go from one to the other-only the one which you are ticketed for. Personally, I like sitting in my section (CL1) because I closely watch the game and the vantage point can't be beat, it's expensive but I really enjoy this. I don't find the food to be anything special (just overpriced) and the coffee is usually horrible. You do get access to a full cash bar (actually several) here-only place in the stadium, if that's important. The only other thing that I can add is that the fans in these sections are usually more passive (no painted faces, vulgar language, etc) so probably not where you want to be if you want the "party" experience but for serious fans that are primarily into the game-there is no better place to sit! Oh, and as a general rule-tickets for night games (8:00-8:30) are usually much, much cheaper on the secondary market!

• Like Like x 2
  9. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    The last 2 years I have sat in the lower section, once on the 10 yard line and the other on the 20. Both times i was about 20-25 rows from the field. Great sightlines. Each time I got tickets for $160.

Now I got these tickets the week of the game both times. I have an appetite for risk ;). If you are buying tickets now, you are probably going to pay a higher price, but you will have certainty.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Chris Pye

Chris Pye Active Member

Jan 8, 2016
    Thanks for that guys. I'll happily go for either Club level or lower tier so I think if I can find decent seats for around the $200 mark I'll be happy. I may end up having to buy them the week before I fly out and hope it's not sold out.