1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

1st Steelers game!!!!!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bignasty92, Nov 28, 2011.

1. bignasty92

bignasty92 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    This weekend cant get here fast enough!!! This will be my first Steelers game, and i am so stoked about going to heinz field, on my birthday!! Will be getting in aroung lunch on saturday, so was wandering what some of the hot spots to hit that afternoon and night might be?? Also does anyone up here going to the game do any tailgates? Want to make this the best trip possible in the little time the wife and i will have in pittsburgh! :rawk: :herewego: :herewego:

2. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Last year, I took my daughters to their first game and it was against the Bengals. We did not score an offensive TD but Troy scored and so did Woodley. Wallace had an amazing catch which made my youngest super happy! They played Renegade and the crowd was going crazy! It was a GREAT day and one I will never forget!

I hope that you have the same experience! :)

3. bignasty92

Oct 26, 2011
    I cant wait!! Hoping for a win, but either way i'm just happy to finally be going! And i cant wait to feel the energy when RENEGADE is played!!!!

4. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I went to the home opener this year and they didnt play it and I was SO disappointed! There is NOTHING like it :rawk:

5. section 232

section 232 New Member

Nov 28, 2011
    welcome to the burgh . i have not missed a home game in 5 years . if you would like to tailgate with us e-mail me at Boz690@verizon.net

6. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    dude go to hometowne sports they got some awesome steelers stuff and go to grille 36 to eat

7. bignasty92

Oct 26, 2011
    E-Mail was sent. This week is going to take forever. Come on Sunday!!! :herewego:

8. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Been to many games at TRS and Heinz Field but still never enough. Get to the Parking Lot at about 8 am and enjoy the best tailgating in the NFL! The fans really throw the best party in all of the parking lots. If you are from out of town, find a local pizza place. Not a chain. They are everywhere and the competition makes it all the greater. If you want to go to a bar, it is no problem asthey are everywhere but take a cab. Pittsburgh is a dinking town with a football problem! Don't try and drive around the Burgh if you're not familiar.
    Make sure you enter the city through the Fort Pitt Tunnels. THIS IS A MUST if you've never been there. Go into the Stadium early and see the Great Hall! Ride one of the two inclines. Park at Station Square and you can walk there. One more thing. I better hear you all the way over here in Cincinnati. Have fun - Be safe!

9. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Well if yinz are getting in around noon Saturday yinz going to need lunch.Yinz have to have a Primati Brothers sandwich.I think there are 6 in and around Da Burgh.So yinz will be close to one where ever yinz stay.

I have had better sandwiches but this is a must Burgh experiance.

10. jhmiller3

jhmiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    You can actually get "The Pittsburgher" at the stadium in the Coca-Cola great hall!

11. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Have fun Bignasty!

Every trip to a Steeler home game is almost a religious experience. But the first one is even more awe inspiring.

12. bignasty92

Oct 26, 2011
    I cant wait!!! Im super stoked about it and havent even left yet. I cant for the feeling i get when i first walk through those gates on sunday! Hopefully i can start making this a once a year trip! :herewego: :herewego: :herewego: :yahoo:

13. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Yinz want to get some autos. STEELERS staying at the Omni. 530 William Penn Place

Hang in the lobby after 7 Saturday night. Should be some players hanging around.

14. SoCalBlitzBurgh

SoCalBlitzBurgh Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Happy Birthday! The feeling you get when you enter Hienz for the first time is undescribeable.. goose bumps to say the least! Enjoy it! I make the trek from San Diego at least twice a year and I love it.. trip back kinda sucks though.. :herewego!:

15. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    :herewego!: My family and I went to our first game last year on Decembrer 23rd against the Carolina Panthers on Thursday night. It was awesome! Primanti Brothers is a must. We ate at the downtown location and the atmosphere was Black and Gold baby! My wife has learned how to make the sandwiches so before a big game now she'll make Primanti Brothers sandwiches. Renegade was great but the thing that really sticks with me is when the Steelers came running on to the field and there were 60,000 terrible towels waiving in unison. I get chills just thinking about it now! :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!:

16. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Welcome to the Mecca of Pro football.