1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

1st Round Pick

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by PSYCHOSTEELER, Dec 20, 2011.

1. PSYCHOSTEELER

PSYCHOSTEELER Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    The Steelers need to pick the fastest ILB in the draft. And its not only because V. Davis torched us. We will have to deal with J. Greshium, E. Dickson twice a yr. It just seems to be our weakest thing on the defense. P.S. I know I mis spelled Cin. TE, but you know who I mean.

2. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    What about NE TE's in the playoffs or NOLA's TE Or GB TE.

These type of TE's have to be safety's responsibility I think, just to fast for LB's.

I will agree that the the ILB position will have to be looked at,Farrior and Foote will be purged next year. Why isn't Stevenson Sylvester getting more playing time?

3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    max starks ,for as well as he played when he first re-signed, has now ballooned back up. i was afraid of this. max always does this. we need to draft a starting young LT in the first , leave gilbert at RT and then draft a starting quality LG. legs also got owned last night. a G/C backup needs brought in as well. weather he's a draft pick or a FA. we need help and mediocre isn't cutting it. max , with his weight gain couldn't make the multiple blocks that would have sprung our RB's on several occasions in this game. the extra weight was the reason why. we deserve better than this as a team. his weight gain is also responsible for their DE rocking him back into ben all night. by the time max got into his drop step the guy was already rocking him backwards. slow feet and added weight is why. he has to go. kemo has to go. legs needs some more competition brought in to see if he's going to be the guy. he was tossed like a rag doll on several occasions. :cool:

4. DDinAZsteel1

DDinAZsteel1 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    God knows we better not completely WASTE the pick on anyone from Florida State! Timmons has fallen off the flippin cliff! He is awful!

5. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    I think top priority should be LT also. There's a decent amount of money tied up in the OL for the performance the team is getting out of them. I think with the fact that the caps will stay at almost the same level it is this year we will see a jettisoning of high salaries that will be replaced by younger talent.
    While a replacement for Farrior is important, I don't think it's as important as addressing the OL. The team is normally pretty good with evaluating LB talent.

6. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    We need GUARDS!!!! We need tough guy linemen in general across both sides of the ball. 49ers were tough SOB's out there. It almost like the Cowher's tough guy Steelers were playing Tomlins watered down version of the Steelers.

We need guards to dominate in the run game.

7. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I agree with drafting GUARDS. Essex, Kemo and Foster should be backups at best and would not start on any team in the National Football League.

8. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    This is the reason why we can not put away teams. why games are so close when they should not be. You ever wonder why Seattle ran over the Ravens and we couldn't muster 10 yards. Or why other teams can run against teams we can't. THE OFFENSIVE LINE!!! I don't even wonder if we can beat a team based on the skill positions. I look at the match up in the trenches. Their front 4 and our front five. Each individual matchup usually determines if we are going to be successful or not. Starks, Essex, Legursky, Foster, Gilbert....who do you think they can beat? Absolutely the worst oline in the league.

9. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I hope we get the guy from Arizona state I think his name is Burfict