1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

1st rd olb's

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Jball, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I'm only interested in your feelings towards our 1st rd pick. Seems like there's a lot of olb's that are projected to possibly go before our 2nd round pick.

Of those guys, who would you be happy about if the Steelers took them in the first? Who would you think "OK, wouldn't be my first choice here, but I can live with it."? And who would make you think "Eh, don't think that was a great pick at this point".?

You might love it if he was drafted in the 2nd rd, but don't love the idea of him our 1st rounder.

The pool of guys, based on a lot of mocks I've seen, would include these guys. There could be some I missed.

Happy with = H OK with = OK Disappointed with = D

Mine are:

1.Taco - H
    2.Reddick - H
    3.Harris - OK
    4.Watt - H
    5. Walker - OK
    6. McKinley - OK
    7. Williams - D (purely character reasons)
    8. Basham - D
    9. Smoot - D

2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Reddick is too light at 237 lbs.

3. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    In a 3-4 yes but as a WiL he'd be a great fit.

Cajun

4. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    1. Taco - D, more a DE imo
    2. Reddick - D, not an OLB
    3. Harris - OK
    4. Watt - OK
    5. Walker - D, more a DE
    6. McKinley - H
    7. Williams - D, once an idiot, always an idiot
    8. Basham - D, not a 1st rounder
    9. Smoot - D, undecided if he's 1st rounder material, seems more like mid 2nd right now.

So basically, the pick at 30 should not be an OLB imo. I would look at other positions. They are not going to reach for one.

5. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I really think Timmons is going to affect our draft. If he does not resign with us, then I think you could see a repeat of the Timmons/Woodley draft. ILB in 1. OLB in 2. If that happens, then Reddick is who I think we get in 1. Smoot or Watt in 2. Maybe Ryan Anderson. I would go CB or S in 3. WR in 4. RB in 5. Then look to add depth guys on the Dline as I think we need to upgrade McCullers with a guy who can line up at DE as well as NT when we go to our 4/3 hybrid.

6. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Refer to my quote for my picks.

Replace Jarrad Davis with Carl Lawson as a wild card option.

7. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I wouldn't hate the Reddick pick...is he a pure OLB? No ,but his versatility is what makes him dangerous,him and Shazier would be interchangeable with Reddick offering a little better option at rushing the QB. He is also a former DB so the instincts to cover are there as well. I think he can add 10+ pounds of muscle too. If used properly he can add a lot to this D.....but strictly OLB ,doubt it.

8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    There are reports OLB Tim Williams of Alabama had some failed drug tests, if true he should be off the Steelers draft board.

9. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Yep it is true he failed drug tests as well as brought up on a gun charge for not having a permit found in his car, along with a bag of pot, but he blamed the pot on a friend and he was only charged for the gun violation, this guy is a super red flag, yet I just saw some jerks mock draft having us drafting williams at 30, never happen IMO.....

• Agree Agree x 1