1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

1st mock draft of the 2014 season

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by chitown steeler3, Sep 3, 2014.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I think McCullers will get better and I don't think he's too tall for that spot. mclendons injuries are worrisome.:cool:

2. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    So, my primary concern with McCullers at the nose pertains to whether or not the NFL competition committee finally outlaws cut blocks on interior defensive linemen. The nose tackle is arguably the most vulnerable guy on the field to cut blocks, and a tall nose tackle - especially a REALLY tall nose tackle - can be even more vulnerable than nose tackles of average height for the simple reason that they have more leg area exposed to low blocks. The NFL needs to kill that aspect of the zone blocking scheme, and if they do a guy like McCullers will be more effective and less susceptible to injury. That's my take. I like what I'm seeing from the kid so far, but I worry about him taking one cut block too many from a dirty zone blocking team that happens to be coming up soon on our schedule *cough Ravens*...

3. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    I agree and also will add some of that has to be coached to McCullers. that has been one of his downsides coming in, he has to play with a lower pad level. they are working on that with him but he reverts back to playing high as he tires out. conditioning plays a big part in his growth in that aspect.:cool:

4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Mac... I don't think you're allowed to agree with me on anything ;)

5. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    LOL, it's not that bad elvis. we have the same intent a lot just different wording. yea, I'm going with that. LOL:lolol::cool: