1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

1st game / home opener

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by blake duerden, Aug 6, 2017.

1. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    Hi all,
    Fan from the westcoast and coming to my first game ever and all set with a travel package. Understanding of the best experience ever to take place!! was wondering how to use up the extra time before or after the game, possibly to engage with players to get a jersey/ball signed or something . Any input is appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Blake.

2. steelcurtainmrp

steelcurtainmrp Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2016
    Don't know where your seats are, but if you go in when the gates open and go down to the first row while the teams are warming up theres a good chance you'll get lucky. Don't want to take too much time away from your tailgating though! I would definitely recommend you trying out the original Primanti Brothers in the Strip District (the full Yinzer experience).

Which game will you be attending?

Enjoy your time in the Burg man!

3. blake duerden

Aug 6, 2017
    Sec32dd homeside toward the gates a bit i believe for the home opener vs the vikes!. That is awesome and crossed fingers! The tailgate experience was something i was about to ask too and will try that out!? Cant wait to Berg it up!!

4. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Before the game, I highly recommend going to Grille 36. It's the Jerome Bettis bar, not far from Heinz Field. You will have to go EARLY. it gets busy in a hurry. It's a bit pricey but just an incredible atmosphere.

After a couple hours there, I will go across the road to the AE Stage tailgate. It's free admission with cheap drinks. There's live entertainment and just alot of friendly people to talk with. Usually lots of games to play too.

Will usually take a stroll through the parking lot tailgate too just to take that in as well.

There is lots to do around Heinz Field before and after the game.

5. blake duerden

Aug 6, 2017
    Great stuff, thank u guys !!
    Will try as much as i can do