1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

1st and 2nd round (REALISTIC) hopefuls.

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by ivanarevalo07, Jan 15, 2013.

1. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    The possession charge was dropped. In the next decade marijuana will be decriminalized everywhere. I'd take Thornton on day 2.

What I don't want to see is the FO drafting players with violent crimes on their record.. With a conviction I'll add, for the inevitable poster that will bring up Ben.

2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i know they said his pipe wasen't for weed. then he flunks his drug test at the combine, he was also suspended with pryor and a couple others for the tattoo thingy and selling their rings and such. thornton looks like a choir boy compared to that, and he's the one the steelers shouldn't draft? LOL :eek:wild.

3. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I definitely agree that Hugh Thornton is NOT a risky selection.. In fact, I think he's a steal in the 4th but would have no issues if we took him in the 3rd. As for Adams, he's not a bad guy at all, just really immature and foolish coming out of college. I think he's changed his priorities now.

4. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i agree. i like adams. he needs to get stronger and in better shape by next year to hold up, but i think he's fine at either tackle. they will all get better we may have to be a little more patient with these guys. they will be young. i love it. we need depth now. i have a feeling that we may go for a bigger C/G at some point or soon after the draft in the udfa group. i'm not sure legs will be back.:cool:

5. turkeysniper

turkeysniper Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    i know beachum filled in nicely at tackle and that they like his versatility. is there any bite to having him at center or is it all bark? if we draft barret jones we certainly don't need legs. i really like the idea of picking up thornton in a later round and addressing other needs early though. he's flexible also.

6. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Don't know if Beachum can play center as well, but if he can it raises his value even more. A capable 5 position backup would be a valuable player indeed. However, the way that Beachum improved from training camp to the end of the season, he may end up being a guy that you simply can't deny a starting spot if he keeps getting better.

7. ivanarevalo07

ivanarevalo07 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    And that's how I feel the coaching staff feels about Beachum too. Especially now with the rumors of them wanting to cut Colon. If we want anyone else to be our starting left guard next year, it would have to be one be someone drafted in the first 2 rounds, anyone drafted after that would be brought in as a back up. Legursky's job I feel is safe, unless we draft a center. He's a back up at all 3 interior positions. He allowed us to swing Pouncey out to the left when our whole line was down with injuries.

8. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    that's the trouble with legs though. he's not near the guard that he is center. fredrick from wisc. just entered the draft. he's a guard and center and a good one.:cool: