1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

1st and 2nd round (REALISTIC) hopefuls.

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by ivanarevalo07, Jan 15, 2013.

1. ivanarevalo07

ivanarevalo07 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    So here's my assessment of who I believe the Steelers might target in the 1st or 2nd round. Now I say realistic hopefuls because some names I see thrown around on the message board just aren't very likely to be around at 17 unless something dramatic happens at the Senior Bowl or Combine. Hey crazier things have happened though but for now this is my short list. I watch a lot of college football so here's a few games that stand out to me from a few of the players and why I think they'd be a good or bad fit to wear the black and gold. I based this off positions of need. The Steelers do tend to draft based on best player available so if a really skilled player from the top of the draft at a position other than QB slips to 17, I know the Steelers will jump on them. Other than that here's my watch/wishlist

Offense: OG Chance Warmack Alabama, C/OG Barrett JonesAlabama, OG Jonathan Cooper North Carolina.

Defense: LB Manti Te'o Norte Dame, LB Alec Ogletree Georgia, LB Nico Johnson Alabama, S T.J. McDonald USC, S Kenny Vaccaro Texas, DT Johnathan Hankins Ohio State.

Lets start with defense

MLB Manti Te'o:
    We all know what Te'o brings to the table. He's a run stopper who lacks top end speed and has a great leadership quality. This guy's character has Steeler written all over him. And character will be a concern with this years draft especially after what happened last year with 2 guys being cut for off the field incidences (although Taamu was brought back later in the season.)

What I like:
    Like I said earlier he's a great leader and a hell of a run stopper and is a hell of a good fit for us. Larry Foote was at the top of the league with his missed tackles and Te'o is great at wrapping up and is already familiar with a 3-4. His lack of speed wouldn't matter too much because Timmons would be the sideline to sideline / coverage backer while Te'o would be the thumper and lane clogger.

What I dislike:
    There's a reason why he's a realistic prospect at 17. I'm pretty sure we all saw a bit of that national title game against Alabama. Warmack and Jones just were in his face all night. His stats almost won him the Heisman but how much of that was because of playing against weaker competition? He wouldn't be a day 1 starter in our system unless there was an injury. He's not great in coverage and sometimes makes the wrong read. He was responsible for Alabama's second touchdown because he got caught looking in at the run. The game I'm gonna highlight with him is the that title game. He could have stopped Lacy on that first touchdown and blew coverage on the second touchdown (to be fair though everyone else on defense was looking run)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGj4t40GChE

MLB Alec Ogletree: This is another name thrown around here a lot. A lot of people are put off by Te'o's lack of top end speed and and enamored with Ogletree. He's a decent prospect and looks to be more of a late first or early second round pick. The Steelers would essentially have to trade back for him or jump up in the second.

What I like: Did I mention speed? He's a converted safety and a great sideline to sideline defender. Has all the coverage skills that Te'o lacks. Good instincts and jumps a few routes. Because of that he has a few splash plays that stand out. Was a bit overshadowed by Jarvis Jones.

What I dislike:
    Character issues :/. Was arrested once in college as a freshman for stealing and sat out the first 4 games in 2012 for a failed drug test (sounded like it was weed not steroids, it was left unspecified though.) Takes plays off and doesn't have that hardnose style that Te'o has. Horrible against the run and plays too high. Not a great open field tackler. I'm going to highlight the Georgia game against Alabama, which really looks more like a Warmack/Jones highlight. You can see that him playing too high causes him to get pushed back a lot, you'll see him at one point get trucked by Lacy and a few plays later Yeldon, a freshman and a smaller type back stiff arm him off behind the line. Even the blocked kick for a touchdown you can see him not really trying very hard and just happened to be at the right place at the right time. This is a long one people :/ I just don't think he'd be a good fit for the Steelers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZy_y0on4u8

MLB Nico Johnson: One of the most consistent players on that Alabama defense. Not really a name that stands out because he was over shadowed first by Rolondo McClain and then Dont'a Hightower. High motor high energy player. A cross of Courtney Upshaw and Dont'a Hightower. Jack of all trades master of none. See him as a late first to an early to mid second. If he's there in the second Steelers would be crazy not to pick him up.

What I like: Is a quiet hardnosed player who comes in and works hard. Would be a good fit next to Timmons because he's stout against the run. Never really asked to cover much and is great at shedding blocks and finding the play. Pretty good blitzer up the middle. Has a passion for the game. 4 year starter. Average speed

What I dislike: His coverage skills are a question mark. He really wasn't asked to cover a lot of guys in Saban's system. Had one off the field incident as a freshman but was acquitted and not a peep was heard out of him for the next 4 years. Does everything well but nothing spectacular. There's a couple of games I want to show of him. One from 2011 and one from this past season just to show that with him you get a level on consistency.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJBTRPyY5lw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqS61wYQDAk

SS T.J. McDonald: Traditional in the box strong safety. Who better to come in behind Troy than another Trojan safety? Troy and Clark are getting up there in age and Troy hasn't played a whole season in a while and there's not much talent on the current depth chart at this position. Another late first early second draft pic but depending on how the combine goes he can slip into the latter half of the first.

What I like: Comes down and plays in the box a lot. Is a GREAT blitzer and has good sideline to sideline range. Can come down for run support and is a good in the lane tackler which if we don't go MLB in the first round, will be a needed skill. Moves a round a lot and has a good nose for the ball and is smart a recognizing the play. Not afraid of contact and has a good motor

What I dislike: Not super great in coverage. We have good TE's in our division and I don't know if T.J. would be able to handle Gresham, Dickson, and Pitta. Not a very good open field tackler. Guesses a lot and sometimes that's what makes him great but sometimes it gets him in trouble. Bit of a high tackler/head hunter :/ and as a Steeler that'd get called. I'm also scared of USC safeties :/, Are we getting the next Polamalu or the next Taylor Mays :(. The game of his I want to highlight is his game against Stanford in which he basically played LB all game because he was in the box the whole dang game but man did he make a difference in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcjvW1yA73A

FS Kenny Vaccaro:
    This guy has Steeler written all over him. Free safety who played a lot as a nickle slot corner too. He's a safe pick and will more than likely be there in the second when we pick. Although with this being a weak DB class someone might reach for him.

What I like: Is great in coverage. Great drop back safety who can play center field or come down and cover in the slot. Has decent hand and good jumping ability. He's more than capable of holding his own against some faster tight ends (though they might get him in size). Great character and is loved by all his team mates. Excellent work ethic and attitude. Aggressive to the play. Has versatility as a free safety and a slot corner. Makes good reads and is quick to recognize the play

What I dislike: His tackling needs some work. Not a good at wrapping up and not a good open field tackler. Plays too high sometimes. Bit of a one trick pony who won't help much in run support. Would be good on passing downs though. His game to watch would be the one against Oklahoma State. Pretty much this shows everything you'll be getting from him. Great coverage skills and horrible tackling. Gives up a touchdown on the ground but then comes back and makes a great interception on a slant route

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN5BZ6f0FzM

DT Jonathan Hankins: This is another name I see thrown around here a lot and he's worth talking about. Hampton's up in age but how much faith does the team have in McClendon and Taamu? Taamu's on thin ice with the organization already and unless he comes out early as a favorite to start his spot won't be guaranteed. Definitely has the size for the position but is he a good fit?

What I like: Big and deceptively fast and quick for his size. Has pretty good intensity. Can also generate a pretty good pass rush so he wouldn't be a 2 down player like Hampton currently is.

What I dislike: Tries to do too much and I don't feel he'd be the right fit for us. Our DT's have to take up blockers and free everyone else up, I don't think he's that type of player. He's big and strong and gets double teamed but doesn't COMMAND the double team. Can sometime be taken on 1 on 1. Takes himself out of the play sometimes by not maintaining his assignment and trying to make the play. Not an ideal fit for our system. He's would warrant our 1st round pick and I don't feel like this is an immediate need. The game tape of him I'd ask you to watch is his game against Cal. You can see here times where he's a disruptive force and times where takes himself out of the play. You can also see a few times the left guard handling him alone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt0e_hdCI0A

Time for the offense

OG Chance Warmack:
    The ONLY reason I view Warmack as a realistic prospect at 17 is because of the fact DeCastro fell to us last year. Can God bless the Steelers with another unexpected gift? Don't get me wrong he's top 5 talent but it's not a sexy position and if a dumb team at the top of the draft (Browns) reaches for a skill position that usually starts a chain reaction of other teams making a run at that position. I point to the run that was made on pass rushers last year.

What I like: Where do I start! I mean the guys a mauler, and just a huge guy on the left side. Don't let his size fool you though he's insanely fast for a man of his size. Him at left guard would shore up our line for years to come :). I have dreams a night of how awesome our line would look with him in it. Needless to say this is my ideal pick and who I'm rooting to be there at 17 on draft day. He's a team first kind of guy. Came back for his senior season when he could've gone in the first round last year (possibly ahead of DeCastro)

What I dislike: Not much but if I'm really being nit picky, he doesn't offer much position flexibility. He's a left guard and left guard only, we couldn't ask him to fill in at other spots and with DeCastro a one position guy too it locks up our line in case of injury. For him I can point you to any game of the year. Heck just rewatch the Georgia game I already posted where he took Ogletree and Jone out of the game essentially. Instead here's the LSU game where he showcases he pass blocking ability

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYVkEOzZkEM

OG/C Barrett Jones: Is a Steeler through and through. And with Warmack likely gone at 17, I feel Jones is the best logical step. Extremely intelligent and just a great guy off the field too. He's who I feel the Steelers will end up with with their first round pick. Forget all the second round non-sense I keep hearing this guys won an award for being the best linemen at TWO different positions no way he makes it out of the first round.

What I like:
    Positon. Flex. Ablility. He has the entire left side of the line covered. From center to LG to LT even, he's capable of playing that position. For us obviously he'd be a LG but who knows? Maybe Pouncey liked playing LG last year? Maybe he goes down again? Beachum on the left and him in the middle in case of injury. With him, Beachum and Legursky we have so many options in case we get bit by the injury bug again this year and we have to shuffle our line around. Except with him I don't feel we'd ever miss a beat!

What I dislike: What I've heard from all reports on him he's a stand up guy but what was up with that shove at the end of the title game? Pittsburgh is no place for egos. Maybe that was a once in a million moment and maybe I'm just splitting hairs, but that's the only thing that's really stood out to me. For his film I really found nothing better than that Georgia game I already posted for Ogletree so just watch that again. Also the title game.

OG Jonathan Cooper:
    He'd have to be there in the second for me to really be happy with ending up with Cooper. He's a good guard and a great talent but I keep hearing about him at the end of the first. I truly feel he's second round talent at best

What I like: 4 year starter and a solid left guard. He's a great run blocker and very strong

What I dislike:
    Is a cross between Colon and Kemoatu...no thanks. He plays aggressively and causes a lot of players. No off the field incidences that I'm aware up but I don't know about those Tarheels :/ Here he is looking slightly above average against a not so great defense in Virginia Tech.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4S5bcc0HQ0

Phew....Ok thoughts?

2. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I can shed alittle light on the shove. they are roommates on the road and really close. it is no big deal. i read that one player said they do that all the time in practice. barrett makes all the line calls and he was making them then. they are both competitive and you have to be to play for saban. the coaches even laughed about it so i dont think barrett has any ego problems.

3. turkeysniper

turkeysniper Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    personally i really enjoyed the shove. incidentally do you want a lineman that's passive enough to allow a quarterback to get in his ear like that AT THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE? interesting that you mention the same dislike of the bama line for both teo and ogletree. just curious,1. are you saying that none of the rush linebackers will remain or that you don't view them as legitimate choices. 2. the same question about some of the other safeties. i will also say other posts have drawn my attention to hugh thornton for the line and i really like the idea of addressing the line later in the draft.

4. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    You know...I have to admit I am sort of all over the place right now in my thinking about the draft. I finished the season saying, the #1 issue we have is the lack of pressure and TOs, but now I see how much we struggled to score this year. The reality is we need guys who can make splash plays on both sides of the ball. I think my opinion on the draft will be shaped more as we move forward and we see what the FO does.

The reality is this defense is good enough to win with, even if you just bring back the starters from this past year with a few small changes. Put in McLendon for Hampton and get Spence some more playing time. Hope Carter takes a jump in his development as do Worilds and Robinson. Bring Foote back for one more year in the middle while you see what you have in Spence. Look for a UDFA to push Woods off the Dline. Get a Safety to play behind Clark and Troy in the 2nd or 3rd round. You then go Offense heavy in the draft. You replace Colon with a dominant LG. You get a big receiver, letting Wallace go. You find a stable of RBs who function much like the no-names that the Pats have.

5. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Nico, Jones, and McDonald I would look at with our second round picks, not our first. Good write ups, and good + and -. Three other names you might want to look up and do the +/- thing with are Dion Jordan (OLB/DE, Oregon), Barkevious Mingo (OLB/DE LSU) and Kevin Mintner (ILB, LSU). Jordan and Mingo I see mocked to us most often, but they may be gone because of the importance placed on edge rushers. Mintner may, depending on his combine/pro-day, be the top ILB in the draft, who would fall behind Te'o because of te'o's publicist.

6. turkeysniper

Sep 11, 2012
    i think that the value is to take safety in the second round. i also think you're right about the defense in general tarheel, especially inside backer being deeper than the outside and safety. depth at the outside is less an issue than the fact the starter talent can't seem to stay on the field (either of them). i think that is where we find somebody in the first round. the way i see teo's value is less on the physical attributes than leadership value. nobody ever proclaimed farrior's superiority, but he's what made the defense work for a long time. of the front office thinks teo can do THAT he will be hard to pass up. otherwise we need the most elite pass rush talent we can get.

7. TarheelFlyer

Oct 25, 2011
    The more I read and think about the draft....the more I struggle with WHAT are they going to do. Let's look at the defense for a moment.

1. Defensive Line - Keisel is getting up there, but they believe they have a replacement in Heyward. Hampton probably isn't back, but between McLendon (who I still think would work at DE in our scheme), Ta'amu and Fangupo we have depth there. Unless we can't afford Keisel, we look like this:

Hood, Heyward, Woods, Keisel, McLendon, Ta'amu, and Fangupo - I see no reason to take a Dlineman in the first round.

2. Inside LB - This one is the weakest position in terms of potential depth as far as I am concerned, but we always seem to have UDFAs who don't make the team who look like they can play. If Foote comes back, the FO may just decide to see what Spence has before they commit to drafting another ILB. If Foote isn't resigned this becomes a NEED. We have filled this position most recently through signing UFAs. Farrior and then more recently Foote.

Timmons, Foote, Spence, 1 additional

3. OLB - Again, I think we are great here...assuming Harrison and Woodley both are back AND can stay healthy. Ideally Woodley gets in shape. Worilds, Carter, and Robinson all are options to make the roster and we are bound to find a UDFA or 2 we like as well. You can only hope that Carter makes a jump and can contribute more this year. If Harrison is let go....again another NEED.

4. CB - I don't think there is any need at all here, but especially so if Lewis can be resigned.

Ike, Lewis, Allen, Brown, Victorian

5. S - Again there isn't a need for a starter, but getting a replacement for someone back here is never bad. We lack some depth at this position as we have for a while.

Troy, Clark, Golden, Allen (if resigned), Cromartie-Smith

So while I see the potential needs on this side of the ball, I also see how we could argue that some of these choices could be put off for another year. If you look at the teams left, they all have holes on the D side of the ball. If all of this year's starters are back, it is good enough to win games and the Super Bowl...assuming it stays healthy.

So let's look at the offense:

QB - no starter need here, but we do need to upgrade and add some backups

RB - This is one of those positions which comes down to, is the guy we draft going to be better than what we have. Redman, Dwyer, and Batch are all average guys, but if you draft a guy he better be better than them....or there is no point.

TE - This is a position I see up potentially picking at, but maybe not #1. Heath is injured AND getting older. Paulson is no answer as he is a role player. We could use someone here, but Heath if healthy can get the job done.

WR - Wallace is leaving. Sanders is an RFA. Cotchery and Plax are older vets. Brown is great, but he needs help. I could totally see this as a need unless we can sign someone who is a UFA...is that likely? No.

Oline - So Colon is getting cut....Foster, Legs, and Starks are all UFA. We basically have 5 guys, every one of which missed games last year to injury, and Malecki on the roster. There are still HUGE ??? marks around every single guy for that line. I like them, but we don't know if Adams can deal with the speed rush. We don't know if DeCastro is strong enough. We don't know if Beachum can play G. We don't know when Pouncey will get hurt again. We don't know what Gilbert is capable of.

8. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Wow we got Fangupo, when did that happen? I wanted them to draft him last year or sign as a UDRFA, hope he can play as there is probably a reason some team let him go....I'm not sure how strong a NT class it is this year, but I can't see how the Steelers would not hesitate on a NT if a REALLY REALLY good one came along (like a day-one starter type guy).

Replacing Harrison might not be a need, or it might be a need. We just don't know. If someone is there who they really like the Steelers can't pass up on that.

RB is definite need, but I would say it doesn't matter where you draft one. We could land the next Arian Foster if our scouts do their work.

If Steelers had a chance to grab a really good LG, I'm sure they would jump on that too...

I also agree about TE, I think we need a guy, I would love to match wits with the Pats and be 2 or 3 deep solid at this position.

I hear this a real weak draft at safety this year... but I would love some more LB's and safeties who like to hit people.

9. turkeysniper

Sep 11, 2012
    i think your assessment is dead on. after that the trick is where the best value for which position. i feel nervous about the linebacker unit. foote AND harrison aging, woodley isn't young anymore and has an ominous injury history. that's three out of four. i would hate to gamble and find out next year we HAVE to replace all three in the same offseason.

10. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    safety. we need one this year. clark has one year left. allen is injury prone and old. troy can't stay on the field. nows the time for our next young playmaker back there. we need some interceptions. we can't wait until clark is gone to draft one. this way they have a year in already. who knows how long troy will last on the field. we can't put stock into thinking he'll make the season. Elam is still my first pick. he upgrades this position.

at corner we also have king and vandyke signed.

ilb, move JH there and let worilds start on the outside. we also signed rolle to play inside as well as spence.

we did sign an olb last week to add to the mix.

we could use a wr, but have a couple young ones on the roster. plax is old. sanders needs signed. cotch still has some game in him.

RB.. need.

O-line has a couple of young guys signed. long and cheadle. long is a LT. cheadle a G. malecki could be brought back easily. adams,beachum,pouncey,DD,gilbert will be the starters. i'd love hugh thornton here. LT/LG. 3rd so we get him. all young talented and hungry.:cool:

11. ivanarevalo07

Oct 26, 2011
    Yeah I understood they were room mates and everything and it's not a big deal just I have nightmares of Kemoeatu and his over aggression. But like Tomlin said it's better to say woah that sic'em. He really I feel is the best option for the Steelers. He's all but guaranteed to be there at 17 unless he has a excellent combine and jumps Warmack or some team is high on him as a tackle and over drafts him ala Brandon Albert. He offers position flexibility which the Steelers covet and he's not a big drop off from Warmack and honestly is just as good if not better than DeCastro. He would shore up our line for years to come and gives us options on how we can shift our line around to what best suits our personal.

12. ivanarevalo07

Oct 26, 2011
    I don't feel we need rush LB's at this point. It'd be a luxury pick really kind of like when we draft Cameron Heyward. Loved the pick but we had a probowl DE on one side and another first round DE on the other. We don't usually draft this high and when we do it's usually a great pick (Roethlisberger, Polamalu, Timmons, Pouncey) and that's what I feel we can do here is get a great impact player. OLB isn't the problem right now, I feel we're weak in the middle on defense. Having said that we still had the best defense in the league. I feel we need to keep Roethlisberger healthy and continue to stack our O-Line to keep him healthy all season long. Not to sound like a broken record but maybe a big tall WR that can help Roethlisberger in the endzone? As for Thorton, 2 arrests in college. Both alcohol related, I doubt the front office will take a chance on what can be a 3rd rounder at best. The only other safety I'd really take a close look at would be Matt Elam, but he'd have to go in the first but not at 17, we'd have to trade back in the first for him. He doesn't really stand out to me. He had one minor issue as a freshman for possession of alcohol. All college freshman drink so I don't think that's too big of a deal.

13. ivanarevalo07

Oct 26, 2011
    See you feel me right here :). We had the number one defense in the league and at 17 we have a chance to get a great impact player. Spence hasn't really been given a shot and I think we can help out safeties in the second or third round much like you believe. I'm feeling first round pick O-line, second and third DB/LB.

14. ivanarevalo07

Oct 26, 2011
    I think Nico Johnson will go somewhere around where Courtney Upshaw went last year, either at the end of the first or at the very beginning of the second. No way Barrett Jones Makes it out of the first round,we're talking about an Outland Trophy winner at LT and and Rimington winner who didn't give up a sack his entire senior year. Hell if he has a good showing at the combine, he might not even be there at 17! McDonald is a legitimate option in the second, his suspect coverage skills do worry me though. OLB I don't feel is an area of concern at least not this year and not in the first two round. I agree Dion Jordan is a play maker though and will be a hell of a pro. Mingo is Worilds 2.0...no thanks :/. Minter is a good prospect but I feel he's over hyped. Only started a full season this past year. I feel Johnson is a better player but not as hyped because Johnson was on a defense full of big names. I'd even take Ogletree over Minter. He'd be going at the end of the first early second as well. Most likely around the 25-32 range.

15. ivanarevalo07

Oct 26, 2011
    Barrett Jones! I agree with the question marks around our O-Line. Can Gilbert hold it down on the left side for a whole season? Will he finally improve upon his good rookie campaign? Is he really a left tackle? Beachum was a pleasant surprise but can he hold down the left guard spot and how much of his skill was actual skill or teams underestimating a 7th round 3rd stringer? Pouncey, Pouncey, Pouncey....TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF AND STAY HEALTHY YOU ARE OUR ANCHOR! DeCastro was a victim of circumstance, and an unfortunate injury. How will his knee hold up now? Can he live up to his tremendous potential? Adams has all the talent in the world but can his get his head right? Lots of the sacks he gave up were either blown assignments or hesitation because he wasn't unsure if he was in the right place. Still think he can be a long term LT but lets see if he can handle the right side and gain a little more confidence. He had first round potential lets see if he can live up to it. Jones provides a little insurance for what I feel is our weakest area on offense. Before you say RB, I think a lot of that has to be put on the line too always being hurt and playing musical chairs. I think Dwyer will do great behind a decent healthy line. Warmack would just be a gift from the gods and much welcome, realistically though I feel Jones is what we NEED and he just fits the Steelers mold.

16. ivanarevalo07

Oct 26, 2011
    Fair assessments. 2 alcohol related arrests for Thornton have me thinking he'd be a better fit wearing a Bengals uniform. Front office has got to be on the look out for that stuff after this past years rookies.

17. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    one was in 2009 for under age consumption. wow a college kid was caught drinking underaged. 2010 was a bar fight he wasen't charged with. he used a fake ID to get in. again a young college kid and underaged drinking. not exactly front page news here. nothing the last two years from him. he's a good lineman. i'd take him 3rd rd. easily.:cool:

18. turkeysniper

Sep 11, 2012
    he was also a state wrestling champ in highschool.

19. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    How many Steelers have been arrested since the last Bengal was? I really think its time to let that line stop. I go to a lot of other football boards...and they are all saying it about the Steelers now.

HACK

20. TarheelFlyer

Oct 25, 2011
    There is a difference thought still don't you think? If you look at the Steelers MO, you will see that they may have guys arrested, but rarely do they take those guys out of college. It just isn't what we do.

21. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    mike adams?:cool:

22. ivanarevalo07

Oct 26, 2011
    What has to stop is the Steelers taking guys with questionable characters. 2 guys we drafted last year were cut because of arrests. Granted we brought Taamu back but his spots not guaranteed this up coming season.

23. ivanarevalo07

Oct 26, 2011
    I'd honestly rather have Beachum than Thornton. You really think a bar fight is no big deal? I hope the front office thinks otherwise.

24. ivanarevalo07

Oct 26, 2011
    He was off their draft board, it wasn't until he drove down to Pittsburgh and personally apologized and asked for a second chance from his favorite team. The fact that he did that for the Steelers only and that he signed a conduct contract says a lot. He didn't do that for any other team. I believe in second chances but the Steelers have to be careful from here on out.

25. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    who said beachum was going anywhere. we do need backups. who's to say the kid wasen't just defending himself? he wasen't charged with starting the fight. it happens.

so adams came to save his butt? he still got arrested in columbus for paraphenilia and then smoked it before his most important job interveiw. so why not this kid? he's a good football player in positions we need. this stuff happens to college freshmen and sophmores. it's not a big deal.:cool: