1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

19 Years ago today, a cloud of dust went up.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by STEELMAN_CA, Feb 11, 2020.

1. STEELMAN_CA

STEELMAN_CA Member

Dec 31, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  2. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    As an avid Pirate fan I had good and terrible moment there. Being at the playoff games where the big red machine beat us was tough on me.

3. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I feel a bit sorry for anyone who had not witnessed some event there. I went to many baseball games, football games and concerts in that venue. Man did she rock!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Saw Bob Gibson throw a no hitter against the Bucs in '71. Hated to see the Bucs lose, but as a kid seeing his command of the ball was a thrill. A few years later saw Blyleven take a perfect game (I believe) into the 8th...still a shut out, still see that curve ball and the batter just standing there dumbfounded.

• Like Like x 1
  5. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I always loved watching Bert Blyleven pitch.

On a side note. I hope that Pitcher who had his last game in the majors become destroyed by the Cheating 2017 Astros wins his lawsuit. He may have been a mill of the run pitcher in the majors but he's got video/audio evidence showcasing his last disastrous outing immediately before his release from Toronto.

The game was so much more pure back when Baseball was played during the TRS days. Sure there was Pete Rose and Mike Schmidt eating beaners to elevate their play but nothing to the level of coaches and or players beating on trash cans to give away pitching.

6. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    We are family.....Stargell, Clemente, Elroy, Parker, then Bradshaw, Lambert, Green, Ham, Franco, oh my....

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Sadly I never went to a Steelers game at TRS, but I was 13 when she got tore down. Went to a couple Pirates games as a kid there, no where near as nice as PNC park, but at least the product was better in those early days of my childhood.

8. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    TRS sucked for baseball, but in '71 it was new and still a thrill. Forbes Field was a pit, yet still remember sitting in the 3rd base side stands toward the out field, seeing Stargell so close. The rest rooms (if you could call them that) smelled horrible. The bleachers covered with cheap plastic padding...I believe .50 cents got us in on special nights...perfect memories.