1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

18 gotta go

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jeff Laizure, Jan 16, 2022.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I watched it. You called that "wildly flailing." That is a lie. The simple truth is that Smith-Schuster has killer fumbles on his resume, too. You embarrassed yourself by forgetting that and you can't admit it.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    Juju fumbles half as often as Diontae.

I personally put the 2018 season on Tomlin including the Saints game.

That said Juju did screw up in the NO game. No doubt about it. But the BAL game? No.

3. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I don't believe for a minute that Smith-Schuster wants to be here. He wants a big contract, and he wants to play in a major media market even if it's on a poor team, like the Jets or Giants. He's a good football player, I'm not denying that. He plays hard and works at his craft. He could help this team next year, but I believe he wants a big payday, but that money could be better spent elsewhere. Parsing over whether DJ or Juju are more important to this teams' fortunes moving forward pales in comparison to rebuilding both interior lines and getting competent secondary and ILB play. On offense, this team suffered the last three years within a perfect storm of terrible offensive line play, poor overall offensive coaching, an inability to run the ball consistently, injuries and spotty play from an aging QB. IF (big IF) Juju stays for a price that's workable for the team, I'd love to see him here. If not, so be it. My hope is that DJ continues to improve and that someone, anyone can straighten out Claypool and his weird issues. They might keep Washington around because of the rapport he has with Rudolph, and they maybe bring in a solid FA vet. Don't forget that Freiermuth will be in year two and that if they can upgrade the offensive line, he'll be more available in the passing game rather than having to try and cover up as an extra offense lineman.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    I agree. Juju took $8M this year. I don't know what his market value will be. I do think he wants to be a Steeler. I agree it's not smart to pay him top dollar have to let him walk. WR make way too much considering how much the ball is spread around now and how few are impossible to shut down.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Yes. If anything, it was a more egregious error than Johnson's fumble against the Lions because he saw the defender coming and the game wasn't being played in wet conditions, yet he still failed to protect the ball. But hey, keep leaning on your lie about what Johnson did on that play.

What a shock that you blame something on Tomlin. :lolol:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    Diontae was in traffic. There were 3 defenders around him. If the ball is wet there is more reason to secure it not less.

That's like someone going outside in the rain without an umbrella and I say "He should have brought an umbrella"; but you say "Umbrella?! There's nothing he could do it was raining don't you get it?!"

7. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    It is your characterization that he had it flailing around that was a lie. There was a point earlier in the play that he had it too far away from his body, but that wasn't the case when the ball was punched out. Just like the play with Smith-Schuster against the Ravens, the defender made a great play. In both cases, the receiver should have done a better job holding on to the ball.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    Not even remotely the same. It's not a characterization that Diontae was flailing his arm- he was. Also the defender (who has 3 career tackles) is the smallest corner in the NFL and chopped more than punched. If that ball was high and tight in traffic like it is supposed to be no way does that ball come out. Period.

Juju had 6 point contact and the ball was high and tight on the opposite side of the defender- that is literally text book ball security and I even provided you with an instructional video.

I can try to find more instructional videos upon request.

9. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    In a perfect world we’d have what’s his name from the Browns back to bash Rudolph’s head in one more time. Jk

Not kidding. Mason is horrible.

edit: I understand the gravity of this post. I welcome the negatives. Rudolph is still trash

10. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    Regarding the helmet incident we haven't even got into whether Mason is racist. Garrett claimed he was called a slur. Tomlin backed up Mason so is Tomlin a racist too? I wouldn't take any chances and just clean house. There's no room in today's game for racism.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Everyone and their grandparents know Mason didn't say that. That was Garrett trying 2 come up with an excuse.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    Nice to have grandparents though, and my parents don't even watch football so they have no opinion.

I don't know if Mason did or didn't say a slur. He was irate so he was probably swearing at Garrett. Why I lean towards Mason not having used a racial slur is that it should have been the first thing Garrett said after the incident. I don't remember if it was hours later or the next day when Garrett claimed a racial slur was used, but I know it wasn't the post-game. That doesn't mean something wasn't said but I think it's very strange Garrett wouldn't have led with that. He had no problem using that accusation later.

For me as a person, I want Rudolph gone. It's really that other people might think Rudolph is racist. I don't want to be associated with that even remotely and indirectly as a fan. What people think of me is very important to me as I can tell it is to a lot of other people also. I'm surprised none of the other people like myself who are concerned about the Rooney Rule have mentioned that our probable next starter was accused of racism. Maybe Rudolph didn't say any slurs but a lot of people will think he did anyways.

13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    You clearly don’t care what others think of you :lolol:

Stop trying to steer conversations towards racism, ok. Thanks.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I know He didn't. One it wasn't found on any recordings. Two...Exactly...Nobody knew anything about till later. No way that is kept secret from everyone during that political climate. Three....the Hell what everyone else thinks. There is Not a Qb out there that someone doesn't have something bad 2 say about them.....no matter how dumb it is. Can He play or can't He. That's all I'm worried about. I believe whomever gets the Qb job it should be a real competition. Not just given. I would believe that's how it would be..... until I seen some stuff this year that puts Me in doubt of that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    I avoid threads about race. I defended the Rooney Rule one time because I think it provides an opportunity for inexperienced minority coaches and GM candidates.

I thought I was making a legitimate comment about Rudolph. Sorry. I think as the Steelers QB we are going to see his online political history again. I'll just leave it at that.

• Like Like x 1
  16. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    I expect Mason is the starter at the beginning of the year and a rookie takes over part way through depending on the record etc

• Like Like x 1
  17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    All I want it an actual competition at the Qb position, and May the best man win. I will be happy with that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    People are underestimating Haskins. After surviving his wife a QB competition should be easy and a relatively peaceful conflict.

19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I had some hope initially for Haskins when they signed him but after what I saw in that preseason game, those hopes went up in smoke.

We’ll likely find out if he has improved any since then.

• Like Like x 1
  20. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    What works for all the QBs is the offense requires low skill. It is a YAC offense.

The barn is the barn. Even if Mahomes ran this offense I'm not sure how much of an advantage he would be. Any fool can throw a WR screen. :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  21. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I see you are going to keep lying.

Lie No. 1: Johnson was flailing with the ball. That's simply not true, especially of the point when the ball was knocked loose.

Lie No. 2: Are you really going to sit there and claim you checked every cornerback in the NFL to figure out that guy was the smallest? I'm not buying it.

Also, it is irrelevant. Sometimes even players who aren't great make great plays. He made a great play on the ball to knock it loose.

Cute line with the instructional video. It is particularly comical to see that sort of smug attitude coming from you given that your mixture of dishonesty and lack of understanding leads to a high level of inaccuracy in your posts.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  22. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    [​IMG]

23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    If you are picturing either of us as the pretty blonde, I am concerned.

• Like Like x 1
  24. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    he dropped and messed up when we could least afford it. He will be back. He seems to have a bit of an attitude, seen plenty of that on this team. Short leash as far as I am concerned. He is very talented, he needs to KEEP WORKING.

• Like Like x 1
  25. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    Yeah she's pretty... pretty annoying. :roflmao: