1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

17 seconds

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Ender, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Tonight Ben and AB and the Steelers offense started a drive at their own 30-yard line...with only 17 seconds left in the game...and moved the ball into FG range to win it.

I'm seriously having a hard time wrapping my brain around this one tbh. It was truly spectacular. Hard enough to run three plays and another snap for a place kick in that short amount of time, let alone advancing the ball.

That was awesome!

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    It was a great game and a great win!

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I still don’t know how ab caught that pass

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    yeah that was ridiculous.. if you watch him he never really looked down so how in gods name did he know where his foot placement was. OMG. He was literally inches from touching the white line

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Agreed, ball was landing 5 yards out of bounds :lolol: unbelievable

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    We really, really, are going to miss Big Ben when he is gone.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    That was a thing of beauty!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I agree. As much as people have been ragging on him this year, he's been an amazing Steeler. I remember the long drought after Bradshaw's elbow injury and don't want to see that again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    He reminds me a lot of another Steelers great from the 70's!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  10. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    What was it he told Rhodes during the Vikings game? Call him Mr. Toe Tap.

• Like Like x 1
  11. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I actually rewound and watched the drive again because I thought we started it with 17 seconds but I couldn't believe we moved that far that quickly, and that is with the Bell play for a loss. Really impressive and you wonder why this team struggles so much on offense at times when they can do that.

And there really aren't enough superlatives to adequately describe AB. He is unbelievable. Live I had already moved on to the next play when I saw AB catch what clearly looked like an out of bounds throw. I still have no idea how he got both feet in. Just incredible.

12. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    AB is unbelievable. His body control exceeds even Lynn Swann's who seemed to defy gravity at times. Swann had a grace that will never be matched but when it comes to sheer physicality and effort AB is the best I've seen. Deion Sanders asked a question last night that was very valid. Why isn't AB in the discussion for MVP? I realize that's typically a QB (or RB) award, but I think he deserves serious consideration. He is the Steelers' MVP without question and without him, there are multiple games this year that we lose! Isn't that what the MVP award is all about?

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. blitz_burgh

blitz_burgh

Nov 15, 2011

I agree with you 100%. It is beyond frustrating that they can move the ball like they did in 17 seconds but yet struggle at times against bad defenses. It's almost like they want to keep it close and entertaining and not win by 30+ points.

14. SteelerEmpire

SteelerEmpire Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2015
    Yep. The Pats are going to double and triple cover this guy. We'll need to run some misdirection plays to get him open as well as getting every one of our receivers in the game. Anytime AB has a big game we seem to win

15. steelcurtainmrp

steelcurtainmrp Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2016
    Vintage Big Ben last night.

AB=Unbelievable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Ben has played much much better the last 2 games, more like his oldself, even running for it.

Maybe he was too worried about life after football and playing cautious and knows he cant play good ball like that and said **** it.

Whatever the reason, if he keeps this up moving forward, they will be a heck of a tough out in the playoffs.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Ben, AB and LB will have to be lights out the rest of the way. The way they were in the Packers game. Steelers will have to win 3 gigantic games to win it all. They have to beat the Patriots twice in a month. Then of course win the big game. The Big B's have to be able to go toe to toe on offense against Brady and possibly Eagles in the Super Bowl.

Steelers defense will never win the Steelers a Super Bowl again. Week 15 will have to be a 42-35 win or it will be a blow out quickly. Brady is going to SHRED this defense to the point where we won't even think they are playing defense. Mike Mitchell is an abomination. Artie Burns is garbage and I dont know who plays free safety on this team anymore. Our front line will either have to turn into the 2007 Giants or its over.

18. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    I don't know why most everyone doesn't know this, but it is true.

If me and my brother were playing Madden, and one of us drove to score a FG in that short of time with that field position, the other would complain badly that such an event was nearly impossible and made the whole game too unrealistic. Mark it down.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Our best chance is a team like the Jags or someone else take them out before we have to face them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    TonyToeTap......now if only we can score every 17 seconds....we would be tough to beat :hehehe:

21. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Once in fg range, we were hard to believe they moved from the 30 that fast. This is the stuff that makes us believe and keeps opposing D coordinators up at night.

22. Frost33

Frost33 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    SO happy to have been at that game last night. We all know the Steelers should have run them out of the stadium but what we saw last night was the difference between this year's team and team from the last few years. Even when they play bad (usually against bad teams for whatever reason) they're still finding ways to win. In past years, they've found ways to lose.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Bet that was an awesome game to see live! What a great memory you'll have

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I agree, Blast.

Mentioned this in the gameday thread, but I think Ben mist have had some undisclosed lower body injury or soreness or something early in the year.

The difference the last month or so is dramatic. He's moving in the pocket better, stepping into throws better, and running when needed (and no longer looks like he's in concrete).

Gonna be a great stretch run for Steelers fans.

25. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    That's exactly what I meant, Watt. It's absurdly unrealistic to make it to FG range from the 30 in 17 seconds. Just crazy. I don't bet games or anything, but if you said, "I'll bet you $2000 the steelers get a FG here" I'd have taken that bet. Impossible almost. I'm still riding this high lol

• Like Like x 1