1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

14 teams

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by biggbunch68, Feb 20, 2020.

1. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    The NFL has changed the playoff format from 12 teams to 14 teams...........:rolleyes:

2. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Maybe Tomlin's non-losing threshold will be good enough to travel to one playoff game:smiley1:

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  3. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    What am I missing here? This makes no sense to me.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    That help?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    It still has to be approved by the players. The other part of the package is that starting next season there will also be a 17 game schedule and the players revenue share will increase to 48%.
    So no more 8-8 records! I guess there could be a tie and Tomlin can finish 8-8-1.

6. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Won't be long til some 6-10 team makes the playoffs. This is just a stupid idiotic format for the game itself. And to think they won't adjust the 4 and 5 preseason game scheduling while still charging regular season prices. Gooddell needs to step in front of a speeding semi ASAP. Take a few owners with him. Guys an A$$.

7. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    The added team from each conference really is not that big of a deal. If this was in place the last 10 years, as many 8-8 teams that would have made the play offs equals as many 10 plus teams that missed the play offs. This will new formula will only allow one bye for each conference, so every regular season game has real meaning. The extra regular season game is kind of useless, but they will make the preseason only 3 games. I imagine teams will gain that extra home game on a rotating basis..losing a pre one year and gaining a home.

This P/O formula is not really all that bad, but I agree if the money starts flowing, what's next is adding yet another team..then it just is the NBA/NHL..half the teams make the p/o's/

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    With the increase the immediate impact will mean a 25% increase in the players minimum..plus a big increase in the CAP..a little to sweeten it for the players..the owners of course make even more $$$$. Here's hoping the players hold their collective breaths and ask for a 50/50 split (doubtful), increase game day players to at least 50, and perhaps make a certain number of p/s players exempt..in other words the team can make 4 or 5 players on the p/s assigned to the team for the year without fear of them being poached by another team. This would make sense in so many ways, the players have more security, the team can develop players and have a deeper reserve pool to pull from in case of injury.

9. Go 'lers

Go 'lers Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2015
    If any league needs to expand their postseason it's MLB, they have most regular season games by far AND fewest playoff teams... but not by much.

The extra playoff spot should be alright, but we'll have to see.