1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

12 days out stop waffling, who's your #1 pick?

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by mac daddyo, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    He's an underrated prospect. I have my eye on him as a 3rd round prospect. He has not been a big producer in college, and that needs to be a concern, but I have yet to read anything that suggests that he has off the field issues or any negative impact on the team. On the contrary, he sounds like a very good teammate from what I have read. He's a guy who could very well end up being better in the pros than he was in college. He reminds me of Michael Crabtree in some respects.

2. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    That would of been my plan as well,but now that we re-signed Sanders there is no way I see us going WR in the 1st. They should of let him go and took the extra third.

3. noitall0605

noitall0605 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    YES..... man I hated the match. And after reading everyones projected #1 pick on this thread I think Im in Bizzarro Steelers land. For the firast 2 rounds I want to see asskickers. Someone big. OG, OT , DE, NT, LB, TE heck if WR I want him to be big. Steelers need to get bigger and stronger. They have been getting their asses kicked physically. Just cause they invested in DL and OL the last few years doesn't mean it has helped. Im hoping a 1 - 2 combo of players like Cooper, Warford, Fluker, Datone Jones, Mingo, Margus hunt Damontre Moore, Jesse Williams , Short, Jaime Collins.... just get some physical guys who can play some football and control the LOS

4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Big is good, but they need to be SMART as well. Particularly on defense. Under the new CBA, players can become unrestricted free agents after 4 years instead of 6 years under the old CBA. We can no longer afford to have guys learn for 2-3 years before they "get" the scheme enough to contribute early. We may see Worilds emerge this season only to watch him sign a fat contract elsewhere, just like Lewis this year. You've listed Jamie Collins - watch some tape on him. He looks like a dope on the field. On most plays he just stands up and looks around for a second or two before figuring out what's going on and attacking. I'm not saying he IS stupid, but his play on tape certainly makes it look that way. Also, you've mentioned Mingo. The knock on him is that he's nowhere near strong enough yet, so he doesn't fit your big/strong criteria. If you want a big and strong OLB, John Simon is your guy. Watch a bit of him and see.

5. Badboy212

Badboy212 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Still my opinion, but we trade down a few spots and take Eifert, or the highest WR on the board. With an extra pick for trading back we still have 3 more picks over the next 2 rounds which allows us to draft, on paper, players that can have an immediate impact

6. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I still want an immediate ROI so either Cooper or Warmack.

7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    The idea of taking Eifert is growing on me, he's the only one of his kind in the draft, Ertz is pretty good but I don't see him on Eiferts level.

8. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Yeah I said this on page 1. He wasn't my pick about a month ago, but as we get closer, I totally believe he is the guy I want. Him and Miller in the same offense, especially Haley's ball control offense, would be huge.

9. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I've seen more and more mocks showing Jarvis Jones dropping to us. If he does we'll take him. He's my pick at 17.

Cajun-

10. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I just feel we will not draft Jarvis Jones at 17.
    Is everyone ready to give up on Worlids next year? I'm not. I think Steelers will draft an OLB in early-mid rounds.... Sio Moore, Kaseem Greene. I feel those two fit our 3-4 better.

I think we will either take BPA at 17, which will prolly be a guard. Maybe consider Austin at 17 if he is there, although a guy that small at 17 scares me a little. OR Trade back and take the best receiver for Ben on the board. Could be a WR or a TE.

People name Vaccarro as another possible 1st round pick for the steelers, but just like OLB, there are a couple options there at later rounds. Plus word is Jerry Jones wants him bad, and I am certain he will try to jump the Steelers in the draft to make sure he gets him.

11. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    But I like waffles...

12. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    :this!::lolol::cool:

13. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Do you think if Jarvis Jones is there @ 17 we will not draft him? If we don't take him it's only because of a higher rated player is there. Jones is a football player and I don't think worilds has anything to do with it. He's our starter next year.

I think you're right about vaccarro. He's also coveted by the rams.

I'd like to trade back but fear the lack of "elite" players will reduce trading partners.

Cajun-

14. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    if mclendon goes to GB you may be on to something darcrav.:cool:

15. HinesWardHOF

HinesWardHOF Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    lol i think everyone here knows your pick ..

HINES