1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

10 Most Positive Developments of the Steelers' Offseason

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Pretty good read, the part about Sep was stupid though, he had nothing to do with them losing. And Tomlins comment about Kemo playing illegally was funny :roflmao: I liked the part about Ben only being sacked 23 times the last time we had a good line, just goes to show how much difference a line makes. I disagree about the Wallace situation, nothing good about him coming back in week 10 if he holds out.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1257 ... -offseason

2. tbrucemom

tbrucemom Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2011
    Good read, I liked the Tomlin comment about Kemo too, lol. The last line about Peyton not being so scary after what Kirby Wilson went through was very motivating.

3. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Not bad. As I've said before...I'd say #9 is mainly "So Pope at least can serve as a Haley interpreter for the Steelers offense.". I'm not sure #7 is such a great thing for Ben's performance on the field this year, but I get the point he's making. Pretty good list except for the fact that he gives Todd Haley a bit too much credit for the Cardinals success. Not sure if the author realizes that Wiz was named head coach in '07 as well, and did a lot of offensive planning and play calling (all of it until late in the '07 season). The move from Matt Leinart to Kurt Warner over that time frame probably helped a bit, too. Don't get me wrong, I could read 'Reasons Why We'll Be Awesome' lists all day. :towel:

4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    those are some good things. some. i hate to be a negative nelly but, kemo being the lowest ranked guard in the league and max as the 29th left tackle in the league last year needed fixing along with 50% scoring in the redzone. we at least should have had more 3's down there. that all has to improve for this team to move forward. as i said in another post, the two guys that scored the most TD's for us last year will not be available to us as of now. that's alot of offense to make up for. :cool:

5. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    It was impossibly stupid. At first I thought he was kidding, the way some people do. "Hey, when he went on IR we won the Super Bowl! Now he's on IR again. Hooray!" But he seems to really believe it. Some people that are fundamentally against drafting a punter the way we did -- or at all -- choose to then bash the player drafted for no reason. Anyone with a head on their shoulders will tell you he was still a very good punter, and a hell of a lot better than Gardocki and Ernster, who basically made it tempting to just go for it on 4th and 10 from our own 5 yard line in the 1st quarter. He was also better than Kapinos, although that is a tighter race. Yes we won without him, so it's easy to say his replacements were better or that it doesn't matter at all, but if you look at the punting we were always better with him. Not just in gross yards, but in every meaningful way. Anyone who believes his presence is a direct cause and effect to losing, like this writer, needs to put down the laptop and go buy some voodoo dolls.

We also won the Super Bowl with Justin Hartwig and Darnell Stapleton in the starting lineup. I guess C and RG don't matter either! Or maybe those guys are better than Hartings, Pouncey and Foster and DeCastro! Say, anyone notice the Lions are better now than they were when that useless Barry Sanders played?