1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

1 seed, two seed, three seed, five seed

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by ravenhater, Dec 20, 2011.

1. ravenhater

ravenhater Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    1 seed

We win out. Patriots, Texans, Ravens all lose at least one more game.

2 Seed

We win out. Patriots win out. Ravens and Texans lose at least one more game.

3 Seed

We win out. Patriots win out. Texans win out. Ravens lose at least one more game.

5 seed

We don't win the division

I think that is all the scenarios

2. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    You mean we're in the PLAYOFFS??!! Really????? The way this board looks, you would think we lived in Cleveland! The important thing is that we are going to the dance. Whether or not we stay very long depends on the play of the team from here on out. The last 14 games do not matter. The next 7 are extremely important.

3. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I'd rather meet Denver in Denver, their passing game will make our passing D look good again. Pitts always sucks after the bye week so I say who cares about missing out on the bye.

4. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    Besides - anything can happen in the playoffs. It's the first and most important goal of every team and the Steelers met that standard. Now let's see what happens over the next 7 weeks.

5. VA_Black&Gold

VA_Black&Gold Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Was it the Seattle SB where we ran the table starting as the 6th seed? :)

6. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I agree

7. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Most likely scenario is 5 seed. This team is capable of running the table in the postseason. And it would take an epic run. We'll see if they have it in them. Having to overcome BA and his bufoonery four times in the post season doesn't give me a warm fuzzy.

8. NecessaryRoughness

NecessaryRoughness Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish!

Cincy can beat Baltimore and I could see the Texans not winning again this season.

9. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The reason people are upset is because it was a BIG game and we didnt bother to show up. That we were in the playoffs was already decided before last night's game. They had a good chance to move up in the seedings (beneficial or not remains to be seen). Just because you have clinched, doesn't mean you mail it in.

10. MikeFanForLife

MikeFanForLife Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Unless this team gets its head out its ass I see them barely beating the rams and losing to the stains. It will be Cleveland's superbowl and they will be out for blood after what Harrision did to Colt. Limping into the playoffs usually means a quick exit.

11. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    The importance of the next two games against league low-lifes, beyond trying to peak at the right time, is minimal. The team needs to get healthy and whether we win the next two, lose them both, or split - our playoff seeding probably won't change. I know, I know - Baltimore could still lose to Cincinnati and give us the #3 seed, but at this point, it may be time to be happy with being in the post season, get people healthy and become road warriors.

12. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    At this point, I could care less any more. This team needs to get healthy to have any chance no matter what seed we are.

13. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    That's what I meant. Last night's loss diminishes the importance of WINNING the next two games. They do need to get traction going into the playoffs, but the importance of actually coming out on top takes a back seat to entering January with a healthy team.

14. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    we need to rest our hurt guys...we are in just like we did in our last SB win and the packers last year you just have to be in the playoffs to win it all