1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

….and DOWN goes Frazier!!!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by slickster10, Dec 18, 2011.

1. slickster10

slickster10

Oct 23, 2011
    I know this isn't Steeler related but Green Bay broke my heart last year. Looks like they are down on a ten count and struggling to stand back up. :popcorn:

2. NDsteelerfan

NDsteelerfan Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Is the chiefs d that good or did the pack take this game too lightly? Interesting either way

3. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm hoping, but the fat lady hasn't sung yet. Anybody watch the end of Giants-Packers?

4. RobVos

RobVos Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    They will need to get another first down to run the clock down.

ANyone else notice the Chief player make a half-hearted attempt toward Rodgers when he scrambled for the TD -- 2 things, one is afraid to hit him for fear of a penalty (but any player other than QB, no fear to hit) and that was smart6 so as not to tag on 15 yard to the KO attempt.

5. slickster10

slickster10

Oct 23, 2011
  6. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  7. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    As for the NFC, I'm now a Saints fan. I don't want to see GB going back to back

8. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Great teams don't play great every week. Sometimes they still win, sometimes they don't. This is actually a "good loss" for the Packers because they get that "bad game" out of the way before January. That said...the Packers suddenly have O-line problems.

9. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Dead on the money.

I was thinking the same thing. As long as they were undefeated, I was thinking there was no way they were going to win the SB. Its nearly impossible to play 19 perfect games without a let down. And now they have one. IMO their chances of winning it all just increased.

10. NDsteelerfan

NDsteelerfan Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Very true, but their o line needs to step up

11. NecessaryRoughness

NecessaryRoughness Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    They had a 19-game win streak going, one that included a Super Bowl win. Their chances of winning decreased a little, because they've allowed for the possibility of SF getting the 1 seed, rather than clinching it in KC. (I guess they've stayed the same since they hadn't clinched that seed...whatever.)

I never thought that they would go 19-0 this season. These last few weeks, I expected them to lose to either the Bears or Lions. I expected them to whomp KC. (I also said, "HAHAHA!" to the idea of Tennessee losing to Indy.) Even if they got to 16-0, I never understood the argument that any of the NFL playoff teams couldn't beat them in the divisional round. The Packers could absolutely lose a playoff game to the Giants, Cowboys, Saints, 49ers, Lions, or Falcons, and they nothing says that an 18-0 GB team would be assured victory in the SB. The 2007 Patriots weren't helped by their record.

12. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    How good is Kyle Clifton? That O line is totally different when he's not in there.

13. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Noticed that too Rob. My first thought was he didn't want to draw a flag or fine for hitting the QB.

14. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Finally someone beat them :yahoo: :rawk: :swordsman:

15. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

we need to root for the falcons or cowgirls....the saints will be tough in that dome in the SB

16. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    [/quote:3r3ebje4]

i've never seen a teams wr's allowed to push off every play, like they let the saints get away with.

they won't go back to back if we have anything to say about it. :club: :matrix: :cool:

17. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I love this board but some people need to watch how their title is listed. Joe Frazier was a great boxer and a gentleman so let's show some respect since he just passed away. RIP

18. BurgherBoy7

BurgherBoy7 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I dont think the starter of this thread meant any disrespect to Joe Frazier by the title. If anything they are comparing the packers upset loss to the chiefs to when George Foreman knocked down Joe Frazier to eventually win the heavyweight title. It's considered one of the greatest sports calls in the history of boxing, and all sports for that matter....Joe Frazier was a great man, a great boxer, and may he rest in peace, but using one of the greatest and most memorable sports calls in history as a thread headline is not disrespecting Frazier at all....

19. MikeFanForLife

MikeFanForLife Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Agree. Lighten up francis. :D

20. slickster10

slickster10

Oct 23, 2011
    I didn't mean any disrespect toward Frazier, "Down goes Frazier" was a forever historical statement made by a commentator that covered that fight but if you felt offended by this..............I apologize.