1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers Place Jarvis Jones On IR/Designated To Return

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Sep 22, 2014.

1. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    The Steelers have used the IR return designation on Jarvis Jones. Jones requires wrist surgery, and can return in 8 weeks.

2. ThrowToHeath

ThrowToHeath Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Start Moats and bring back James for emotional support.

3. contract

contract Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    So Ike to IR? Or do you think we carry him all season like we did with Aaron Smith years ago?

4. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    I'd be pretty surprised if he doesn't go to IR soon.

5. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm thinking Howard Jones from the PS is placed on the 53.. Moats performed well last night

Sucks for JJ but he'll be back and hungry going down the stretch..

6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    do we go get a corner and an OLB?

how is shazier?:cool:

7. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Supposedly believed to be minor. Still awaiting MRI results last I heard.

8. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Didn't Shamarko play in some nickel and dime packages last year? Shaq Richardson from the PS?

9. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Well, were going to get to see a little Howard Jones Action. The stud of the pre-season.

10. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Not gonna help his training though. Still needs to get stronger.

11. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Heard he had the surgery already too. Maybe he can be like Woodson, except he's not Rod Woodson. Maybe the outcome in the SB would be different. Idk the Rooneys seem to love him and maybe give him a chance to come back if it's at all feasible. On a side note can we get rid of the wasted roster spot of Landry jones and use it to fill some voids.

12. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    True. Tough break for him and he seemed to be improving, but he still got pushed around ALOT.

13. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    That's 8 weeks of leg work.

14. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    It's his wrist and that's a big part of his game. going to need to do all the therapy just to get the flexibility back and then build the strength. Didn't see any specifics about what exactly was wrong with it though. If broken they have to let the bone heal then start the PT. Standard time for putting weight on a bone injury it is 4-6 weeks not to mention that he's got to work the strength back.

Just going by my recent wrist break of the radial and ulna with a plate and pins.

15. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm not sure more strength would help since he already slow. I am really hoping that Jones isn't another Huey Richardson.

16. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    That's right. I think because of his spinal stenosis jarvis can't really bulk up in his upper body so I guess he really has to concentrate on strengthening his core and legs. Not 100% sure about the whole upper body thing though.

17. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    True this... a concern coming in.. his size for an OLB. I questioned the upper body and was told due his spinal it would be a concern getting crazy on the weights. He did bulk up some off season. He still has issue's on the field.. over shooting tackles and getting man handled. Just needs a couple more positive years along with strengthing.

18. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I think this is where we will shine, showing our depth. Spence is back and looking good, Moats was a good depth signing, and Dbo coming back.

19. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Kind of ironic... Shazier and Jones are two guys that need to play to get better, and they are out. But I like our backups at both spots, and although this hurts us by taking playmakers off the field, the guys we plug in are solid. I feel like Charlie Batch is coming in for a young Ben Roethlisberger.

Meanwhile, you have fans clamoring left and right to dump Ike. He is gone for the year, and that absence will likely hurt us far more than those of the playmakers. Who do we turn to when we have 3 or 4 CBs on the field? This means less flexibility for Gay and Allen, and a lot more Antwon Blake, who, fast as he may be, is not a good cornerback. I hope we find a way to make Shamarko work, and we better all pray Cortez and Gay stay healthy, or this team is done.