1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin haters

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Sep 22, 2014.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm guessing you won't hear much from them this week :lolol:. Blah blah blah Tomlin is incompetent and can't come up with a gameplan, can't motivate the team and the team is lethargic. The coaching staff can't develop players well Bell, Heyward, DeCastro, also AB seem to be doing just fine. That looked like a pretty good gameplan to me over 250 yards rushing.

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    My hats off to Lebeau too, even I was worried about that unit going into this game, that was a hell of a performance by that group, lost 3 defensive players too and still shut them down :applaud:

3. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I liked the overview they gave of how much better Ben is, as of late. Better completion percentages. Longer stretches without taking hits.

Does Tomlin get credit for developing his franchise QB? :cool:

Two 100-yard rushers in one game.

Does Tomlin get credit for re-establishing the running game that his employers (Rooneys) wanted? :cool:

4. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    No Tomlin still sucks!!! Ithink last nite had more to do w DL and Munch than it did with Tomlin

5. deljzc

deljzc Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2011
    Don't get too low on the losses, but let's try not to get too high after a win either.

We have a long way to go before anything is "fixed". I have to see it over a few weeks, not just one game.

It was a good and important win in respects to trying to get ahead now before the November and December schedule. Plus both Cincinnati and Baltimore are setting a pretty decent pace to keep up with.

I said 11-5 before the season. I'm sticking with 11-5. This schedule is amazingly easy. But I'm still not sure I'd consider us much more than an average-to-above-average team right now or even if we finish 11-5.

The team is still poorly coached in my opinion. There is still a general lack of talent. We've over-invested in LB. The defensive backfield is very thin and undermanned. I still think our offensive tackles are below average. Polamalu and Heath Miller's age is worrisome moving forward over the next 2-3 seasons. Tough to know what to make of the Wheaton/Archer/Bryant youth movement behind Antonio Brown.

The Carolina game (just like the Ravens game) does not answer any of these questions yet. It's going to take a whole season worth of information.

6. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    After the debacle in Baltimore last week, it's gonna take a hell of a lot more than one game to get me to smoke what you're on. I'm still far from convinced Tomlin is the right person for this team!

7. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I think that it will be a good thing we are over-invested a lb now that the injuries have hit.

8. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    It's 1 game vs an injured Qb let's see them play a bunch of these games in a row before we let Tomlin off the hook, (competitive teams not the garbage Florida teams) they did the same thing to the cheats a couple of seasons ago, then went back to sucking again

9. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah but DL sucks too, so I guess it comes down to whom the detractors hate more, I imagine that will be Tomlin.

10. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Yeah hasent the game passed Dick by? lol

11. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    [h=1]“You're never as good as you think you are when you win; and you're never as bad as you feel when you lose.”[/h]Joe Paterno

Long way to go folks. I'm very pleased with most of what happened last night (other than injuries), but I'm not putting too much stock in one game - especially against Carolina. I'll make a bold prediction that Carolina gets their 8th loss before December 1. I think last night is the start of a downward spiral for them (although I would argue that the spiral really started in the offseason with player departures).

12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I agree that there is a long way to go and they will certainly experience some more clunkers but I think what you saw yesterday is the team that they will become. I think there is a lot of talent on this team.

13. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    One thing looked different...Attitude! It was there all game and it was there in the post-game! Ben called it a big game and most of the others talked about "want to".

Then Tomlin comes out talking about not crowning them yet? WTF?! I just really don't like the way he treats every game the same. You can say every game is the same, but some games are statement games (especially divisional and conference games)

14. contract

contract Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    We showed up for work for 1 game. That proves he's a good coach.

15. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I don't smoke anything smart ass. It doesn't matter if you think he's the right person for the job or not, it only matters what the Rooney's think.

16. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I think I lost count at about 9 penalties in the first half against the Steelers and two others that were declined. That is inexcusable for the 3rd game of the season. I will give credit though for some half time adjustments.

17. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    They won the Cleveland game didn't they?

18. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    LOL! I knew this was coming! First of all, can we stop with the provocative "hater" language? Is it possible to be critical of someone's performance without being labeled a "hater" or a "basher"??? Hey, my hats off to Tomlin and the entire coaching staff last night! They did a heckuva job getting the team ready to play and it showed. My question is this. Where in the world has that kind of performance been the last two plus seasons?! We have looked lethargic, unprepared and uninspired more often than not the last couple of seasons and if you'll allow yourself to be objective for a minute you'll concede that. But you know what, last night we looked like THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS AND I HOPE THAT THOSE STEELERS ARE HERE TO STAY!!!
    :herewego!:

19. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Standard is the standard and since they played non-standard it doesnt fall into the standard category of the standards that Tomlin has set for standard play, since it was a non-standard game. :cool:

20. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    To be fair, its league wide with the penalties. There were a lot of soft penalties being called last night. That goes for just about every NFL game I've watched this season.

You should follow that bit of advice. What have I been saying all this time? They have gotten young and need experience, wouldn't last nights performance point more to that then suddenly the light bulb going on for the coaching staff? Lets not forget that they have played mostly solid football over the last 11 games now. They've been getting better and will continue to get better, this is what happens with teams in transition.

21. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Barely,,,, and they're suppose to beat the browns

22. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Browns are a lot better then you think. Almost beat us, beat NO and nearly beat the Ravens.

23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Of all of the posts I have read, this is one of them.

24. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I consider myself to be objective, Blast. What reason would I have to be biased? The Steelers play for nearly the past three seasons has been defined by inconsistency. I think you admit that but you think it's because they're in transition, which may be partially true, and I think it's because the head coach hasn't prepared the team adequately. Could it be a little bit of both? The Steelers were ready to play last night and I hope that's a sign of things to come!

25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    You implied that myself and others weren't being objective, I was merely putting the same implication to you.

At any rate, one thing we agree on, is that hopefully last night is the start of many more such victories :steelflag: