1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

i had us at 10-6

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel1031, Sep 21, 2014.

1. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    when the schedule came out I went thru it and came up with 10-6. I had this game as one of the loses. so I had us starting 1-2. that being said how many honestly thought we would win this one at the start of year? I am thrilled with this win

2. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Good win. I must admit I didn't see it coming after the Rats debacle.

3. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I had us losing at ravens, at panthers, colts, at bengals, saints, and at falcons. I can now see us winning at least two of those.

4. BigSteel

BigSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Make it 3 with saints and falcons

5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I Had us at 10-6 as well. Too soon to tell, but I'm feeling better about our season now than I did before last night's game.

6. SteelerBark

SteelerBark Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I know it's a no-no to look ahead...BUT next 4 definitely look winnable.
    Bucs, Jags, Browns, Texans
    6-1 would be sweet. We will see...

7. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    For some reason the Steelers play tough in games that should be harder to win.

Then play down to teams that they should just roll over on. (SEE OAKLAND RAIDERS)

The Steelers need to beat the Bucs, Jags, and need to finish off the Browns. 5-1. Going into 3 straight home games, would be very nice.

8. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Can't say I thought for sure we'd lose but i expected it to be a lot closer score than what it was. I'm happy :thumbs_up:

Now, we have a couple games coming up that look like sure things. Those are the ones we need to make sure we take care of. Talking about the Bucs and Jags.

9. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I had this one as a win all along, but last night we looked as good as we did bad against the Ravens. The great thing is there is still plenty of room for improvement.

This was a win for me for multiple reasons:

1. Cam's first game against DL. No, he is not a rookie, but Cam's WR core is really young and that makes this even tougher.
    2. Living in Charlotte, I hear a LOT about the Panthers. They have some weaknesses which are good matchups for us.
    3. Prime time game has some pressure associated with it. We were playing our 2nd and our rookies would be more prepared for it.
    4. You saw how bad we looked on a short week, but this was going to be a long week. We had extra prep time and I thought that would benefit us greatly.

10. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I had no idea what to expect (I never do) but I didn't really see us winning that game and I sure as hell didn't see us putting up 37 on their defense. Its frustrating to watch us struggle against lesser teams and then play like that against a much more talented team, but I will take it. We should be able to handle the Bucs on Sunday.