1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

WILL WE SEE MORE PLAYER ROTATION SUNDAY NIGHT?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Wardismvp, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am hoping to see some players
    getting some snaps. Hopefully Spence and Shamarko and any CB at this point. How about
    the DL. How does this play out? Thru two games we are obviously (coach cliche) not getting it
    done. Lets try somebody else.

2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    They'll put the best players on the field. We're 1-1 on the season. We just had preaseason to try out the 2nd and 3rd stringers, we're not going to have open mic night!

3. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    This probably isn't going to be popular, but a lot of these guys need more time together, not less. Experimenting with inexperienced replacements will only exacerbate the issues.

I will say though that I would like to see more of a "Big Nickel" package used with Shamarko Thomas. This would be an effective measure to help prevent giving up the big runs in sub-packages, assuming his ankle is 100%.

4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i expect with over a week of practice this time, we will see some things cleaned up. let's not forget though our NT has a bad wing so we won't be at full strength still. we may be seeing more keisel and tuitt at DE to go with cam H., with cam T. probably playing a lot of NT.:cool:

5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    let me add foster? is he playing? if not, who and how many O-linemen will dress for this one? :cool:

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Damn, and I was hoping to earn a roster spot.

I agree though, I think they will show a littttttle more patience before scrapping the plan.

I don't have a real good feeling about tonights game though, but maybe thats good, because when I feel good they usually get stomped so maybe tonight they will do the stomping :smiley1:

7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Sorry , maybe next year !

8. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I want to see Keisel start, with Tuitt as a sub ... getting reps to give him experience.

I want to see Vince Williams in the on short yardage.

9. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Other than the need to rotate Cam Thomas out of Pittsburgh altogether, I generally agree with this. I think guys like Mitchell, Shazier and Tuitt need to see a lot of action together to keep things moving forward. I think having Tuitt in the D line rotation instead of Cam is at worse a push right now, and would immediately begin paying dividends. I also agree with Shamarko in the big nickel - especially tonight with Carolina's mediocre WRs, but good TE and running game.

10. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I guess I will agree to disagree. Get the best football players on the field. I don't believe we are.