1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

My Wishlist @CAR

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by WWW, Sep 20, 2014.

1. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    Here's my wishlist for tomorrow's game @CAR.

Offense
    Playcalling:
    Do not insist to run up the middle.No huddle, Shotgun and quick, short passes will help avoiding sacks, and I expect a lot of that (at least early in the game).

• OL: Keep ben Clean. (see prior bullet). Gilbert: you got exposed last week, and should play with a chip on your shoulder tomorrow. Everyobody will be watching you, particularly Coaches Tomlin, Haley and Munchak... and also Adams (who might be getting ready to hear his number called).
    • Get Bell involved early. And not with the classic "run up the middle", but runs outside, screens and flat routes. Something tells me this kid will have a monster game tomorrow. He can, if used properly. Their D is tough, but he's faster than their LBs, so using him appropriately will create mismatches. He needs to have a great route-running in order for that to work.
    • Brown: Well, he always delivers. And he must, tomorrow. A big play from him could be the difference on this one, either on his ability after the catch or as a returner. Memo for him: kicking to the face = 15 yds, 8000 dlls fine. Next time could be better if you run close to the sidelines.
    • An A game from Wheaton / Moore: decent production, 10 grabs, 120 yds and a TD between both of them.
    • I'd love to say that I see Miller having a big game. But I don't. A couple of 3rd down catches would be good for him, anything more would be great.

Defense:
    Playcalling.
    Be aggressive. Blitzes from our DBs, exotic and delayed blitzes from our LBs. Create pressure, and, of course, find a way to stop the run.
    An early big hit to their QB can help us gain momentum and slow their tempo, giving us an edge. Our DL and OLBs must create pressure, but maintain Newton inside the pocket.
    Our ILBs showing they can cover: If Panthers have watched closely, they'll pass often to TE Olsen, so I expect Timmons/Shazier to have an INT.
    M Mithcell, it's your turn! Too much has been said about Mitchell knowing Newton and Carolina's offense, and that it could probably be used in our favor. I'm looking for the opposite: Coach Rivera and Newton know Mitchell too, and probably try to get him exposed. He'll get targeted, and must show what he's worth.
    No long completions, an int by our DBs. Polamalu, Taylor, Allen, Gay and Mitchell: Panthers receivers are not All Pros. If you were waiting for a favorable matchup to grab a ball, it's this one.

Our Special teams making something special:
    this one could be a close game, and field position could make the difference. A big return, no penalties and don't allowing big returns will boost our probabilities here.

No stupid penalties. No blocks in the back on special teams, unnecessary roughness and don't resuscitate their drives by getting a flag on 3rd and long.Also, let's get clear on this one too:Unnecessary roughness is now a criteria call. Don't get close to give the refs a chance to use their criteria, since we all know that their thoughts are: If it seems a penalty, throw the flag (for them it's easier to be signaled by throwing a flag that wasn't, than to get called for not throwing a flag that was a penalty).

Well, that's what I'd like to see tomorrow. Anyway, if we get the following two I'd change them for all of the above:
    No injuries
    And a W!

What's on your wishlist?

2. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Be on the positive side of turnovers.

3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Good post!

4. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Sacks and turnovers on defense!!!

5. SteelerBark

SteelerBark Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Its time for our DEF to prove they can actually stop someone. I'd love to see them force 4-5 three and outs. But I'm not real confident they can.

6. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Be able to run the ball
    Give up no more than 2 sacks

Those are my biggest concerns with this game, so if we can do those two things, I think we'll be okay

7. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
  8. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    That's it, in a nutshell.

9. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    WIN!!!
    Don`t care how, but keep pace with the Cravens, and Bungles, that both won today...
    Would like to see Wheaton continue to contribute, and keep growing, but I`m not picky.
    However we can get it done.
    Methinks we can, if we don`t make stupid mistakes/ turn the ball over.
    Like always, I believe we can beat ANYONE, when we don`t beat ourselves...
    GO STEELERS!!!

10. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Looks like we showed it too.