1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Troy seems to be putting in on the coaching staff.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by aces4me, Sep 14, 2014.

1. aces4me

aces4me Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
  2. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Doesn't sound like it to me, he even said it's clearly execution.

Practice and execute, that's all players.

4. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Practice is on the coaches, execution is on the players. If they're not practicing hard enough or practicing too hard, that's not a good thing. If the drills they're running aren't effective, it's a waste of time. If a specific player isn't practicing hard enough, the coach needs to deal with it and sit him for the next game.

Execution is absolutely on the players though

5. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    an Iverson says wut?

6. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    lack of practice is pretty evident , seems we use every first part of the seasons as our real training camp

7. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    practicing is on the CBA as well.

8. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    It does seem like we don't come out ready for a game. Precision timing is always off with this team. When I watch them play I wonder what they went over in practice because it doesn't look like they did anything.

Maybe we should play our starters more during preseason. Especially after the way they played during the Eagles games.

And I never like the way Tomlin views preseason. "just to evaluate the young guys". No emphasis on winning or at least execution. Hold the team accountable for not executing during preseason. It jus seems like it doesn't matter during preseason if someone gets a penalty, drops a pass, misses a tackle or the entire defense is not in it's gaps.

9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I really don't think Troy was calling out the coaches, not his style, I think he just meant we need practice to get better. Thats how it came across to me anyway.

10. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, could be. I really don't know if he was calling out the coaches or not. You can read it either way. Only Troy knows. It's never been his style, but frustration is a powerful emotion. I was just saying that I think practice issues are on the coaches and execution is on the players.

11. contract

contract Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
  12. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    i read multiple reports including ravens players than some of our players were throwing up during the game , this team is not prepared (right now) let's see if the come in shape soon enough

13. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Yeah I tend to agree with that. If the players aren't practicing hard, then some of it is on them, as a man, to improve. However, the coaches have to be enough of a hardass to give them the proverbial boot to kick them into gear if practices aren't shaping out like they are supposed to.

14. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    All I know is that Troy doesn't seem his normal self. I don't think I 've seen him play this bad, since his rookie season. He is missing a lot of tackles and whiffing. Maybe he has lost a step. Love to guy to death, but he himself needs to play better and he knows it.

15. Cali Steel

Cali Steel

Jan 4, 2012
    I played for 11years and practice was run like a prison work camp. We practiced so hard, it was hell. Every practice finished with 40 40 yard dashes. Games were the easiest days we had. Finished up only losing one game each of my last three years not because a bunch of suburban white kids were gifted athletes. One of our linemen coaches the Chi Bears o line today. If practice is the problem-FIRE TOMLIN.

16. fansince40s

fansince40s Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
    If there is anyone on this team who I believe it's Troy and as long as he has been a Steeler he should know whats what. His two reasons for such bad play were, practice better and execution and I put that on the coaching staff. The more you practice the better you execute.

17. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    :this!:They don't hit in practice anymore which shows up on gameday all those missed tackles.

18. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    yes but why other teams are in better shape ?

19. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    Is it just Troy missing a tackle or is it that some of the yoohoos are missing their assignments and Troy being caught off guard or out of position?

20. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    Other teams are being coached up!

If practice is missing or lack there of it falls on the coach! Head coach! He is the overseer! (Just as I as a manger if their's failure I have to answer.) In the last several yrs. i believe we have seen the of lack of preparation.

21. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    :this!:

22. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I don't know if other teams are in better shape, I think other teams are more talented.

23. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    I give kudos to Troy for being honest.
    I Don`t think he is trying to throw his coaching staff under the bus.
    I think he is calling it like he sees it, and he`s earned that right.
    He usually points at himself first, and this is one of the ONLY times I didn`t hear that, even tho he probably should have.
    It gets to the point, where I wonder why we listen to the post game interviews...
    I listened to the original link, and some players are either delusional, or being politically correct...
    Kinda like Ben always praising his O-line, in the past, when they were clearly "below the line"...
    If they are honest with the media, they are "throwing their teammates under the bus"...
    If they say what is expected of them, to "toe the line"/ "keep problems in house"...
    They are "fake"/ "Dishonest"...
    It is a no win situation for ANY player to be interviewed by the press...
    I appreciate the ones that try to find the space in between the lines of telling the truth, and not dissing their teammates/ coaches...
    It`s a fine line to walk.
    That`s why I tend to forgive comments that are made in the heat of the moment, or taken out of context.
    My true heroes are guys like Jack Lambert, or James Harrison, who just speak unfiltered, and don`t give a **** what you think about it...
    Troy has been very soft spoken throughout his career, so, If he`s speakin up about it, even indirectly...
    You should believe there is an issue there...
    Just my humble opinion.
    FIX IT!!! GO STEELERS!:herewego:

24. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    I do believe it was Chuck Noll (in Steelers of the 70s: In Their Own Words) who said that "the habits you learn in practice translate into how you play on Sunday."

25. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    If the Steelers were so untalented, then other clubs wouldn't be lining up to snatch their FAs...and, in some cases, get more production out of them.