1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

For lovers of NFL Films Music and the Steelers...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 12to88, Sep 2, 2014.

1. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    I came across this guy Dave Volsky on You Tube. He has posted ALL of the music from the Steelers' 70s Super Bowl highlights, and much more. Much of it was contracted out to TV composers, not Sam Spence. You can find all of it here. Note that his listings show that some themes were used in more than one Super Bowl, such as "Big Wheels" by John Scott. Many of these classic songs are available on iTunes.

Do a search on Volsky's page for "Super Bowl IX" or "Super Bowl X" etc. and you'll find his compilations. Great stuff.

Pay particular attention to "Leader of the Pack" by John Fiddy.

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqfPGKps_-i_uRiWm5Pj2-w

2. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Excellent, cheers 12to88. NFL Films was a big part of my introduction to the game, and in particular the highlights of the Steelers. Love this music.

3. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah NFL Films helped to kindle my affection as well. They just made everything seem so epic. They've been a HUGE part of the NFL's success, in my opinion. Who could forget the shot of Jack Lambert slamming that rb and then pointing in his face or Lynn Swann's crazy Super Bowl catches and of course the Immaculate Reception?